Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Joy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

All while

d) having no experience with or knowledge of prisons at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭sonny.knowles

Do you feel sorry for them Sonny?

Is rape a reality in Irish prisons or a myth?

Kev W wrote: »
    So if I understand you correctly:

a) you don't think Irish prison is harsh enough and that prisoners are mollycoddled
    b) you also think it should be exactly as it is
    c) but you consider the OP, who thinks it's not harsh enough, to have a problem with it that you don't share?

No, I think it is fine as is. I have stated that numerous times. I have an issue with people claiming it is harsh, hence the mollycoddling comment. I didn't say they are currently mollycoddled.

osarusan wrote: »
    All while

d) having no experience with or knowledge of prisons at all.

And of course you and the other posters have lots of experience and knowledge of it. Yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

And of course you and the other posters have lots of experience and knowledge of it. Yeah right.

If you're going to dismiss others for their lack of direct experience then expect the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Has anyone been following the documentary series on tv3 about Mountjoy ? I just watched it their last night and boy do those lads have it sorted, TV's in the cell, mince pies for dinner, nude photo's of women on the wall and access to a gym area to pump the guns.

You forgot sex every morning.

Kev W wrote: »
    If you're going to dismiss others for their lack of direct experience then expect the same.

So no one has anything to contribute here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

So no one has anything to contribute here.

According to you, maybe. If you're not interested in the discussion you have the option not to join in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Some people who have posted in this thread literally work in the Irish prison system, which has already been pointed out to you and which you have replied to. Pretty sure you're on a wind up at this point, because no person on earth could possibly be this stupid.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Some people who have posted in this thread literally work in the Irish prison system, which has already been pointed out to you and which you have replied to. Pretty sure you're on a wind up at this point, because no person on earth could possibly be this stupid.

1 person who hasn't posted since. and *may* not have been telling the truth. :rolleyes:

Nice use of 'literally' though.

• Advertisement

1 person who hasn't posted since. and *may* not have been telling the truth. :rolleyes:

Nice use of 'literally' though.
    Are you telling me that TurdyTurd and Corner of Hells, two separate posters, are the same person?

And yes, it is. When you want to try and claim nobody in the thread has any knowledge of the prison system, having worked in it is about as close as one can get without being locked up. Hence, they literally worked there. I shouldn't have to spell out what that means for you, but let's face it, having read through this thread... you're just not very good at taking in information. Or giving out information, for that matter! :pac:

Billy86 wrote: »
    Are you telling me that TurdyTurd and Corner of Hells, two separate posters, are the same person?

And yes, it is. When you want to try and claim nobody in the thread has any knowledge of the prison system, having worked in it is about as close as one can get without being locked up. Hence, they literally worked there. I shouldn't have to spell out what that means for you, but let's face it, having read through this thread... you're just not very good at taking in information. Or giving out information, for that matter! :pac:

Billy, you need to take everything you read on the interweb with a pinch of salt. You believe that TurdyTurd works in the Irish Prison Service. You are naïve. Same goes for corner of hell.

I also suggest you look up the meaning of literally.

Billy, you have contributed nothing to this thread. Time for you to 'jog on' now, I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Billy, you have contributed nothing to this thread. Time for you to 'jog on' now, I'd say.

Good advice from someone who's been a fountain of knowledge so far.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

MOD
    Billy86 and sonny.knowles

I would suggest that you both get back on topic. If you have nothing constrcutive to add to the discusion, then please don't post anything.

Billy, you need to take everything you read on the interweb with a pinch of salt. You believe that TurdyTurd works in the Irish Prison Service. You are naïve. Same goes for corner of hell.

I also suggest you look up the meaning of literally.
    Here's the definition of literal for you:
    lit·er·al
    ˈlidərəl,ˈlitrəl/
    adjective
    1. in accordance with, involving, or being the primary or strict meaning of the word or words; not figurative or metaphorical:
    the literal meaning of a word.
    2. following the words of the original very closely and exactly:
    a literal translation of Goethe.
    3. true to fact; not exaggerated; actual or factual:
    a literal description of conditions.
    4. being actually such, without exaggeration or inaccuracy:
    the literal extermination of a city.
    5. (of persons) tending to construe words in the strict sense or in an unimaginative way; matter-of-fact; prosaic.
    6. of or relating to the letters of the alphabet.
    7. of the nature of letters.

And here's a link to reward yourself with when you're done. :)

So back on topic... in Norway with their 'reform' model vs the USA with their 'punish' model for prisons is way, way lower (as in 1/3rd the rate).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Did anyone see last weeks episode ? I missed it

Watching it now. Regime seems fine, prisoners treated by staff with respect, threat of violence comes from other prisoners, probably Best to keep them locked up for the 16 hours for their own safety.

Watching it now. Regime seems fine, prisoners treated by staff with respect, threat of violence comes from other prisoners, probably Best to keep them locked up for the 16 hours for their own safety.

The governor seems like a top bloke.

Hope they find that other missing snooker ball before it is put to some nefarious use.

• Advertisement

The governor seems like a top bloke.

Yeah, tough job for the staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Can barely understand that James lad....knurwhatImeen

The soccer match will be like the one in Porridge where Fletcher and Godber escape on the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MuchoLoco

They all should be brought to a giant quarry to break rocks 16 hours a day

Paulie ?? Does he think he is Italian or wha ?

Paulie ?? Does he think he is Italian or wha ?
    Paulie Walnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ahclassbai

Looks like a ****ing **** hole , locked up 16 hours a day with a concentrated amount of scobie skangers trying to get somethin off ya and **** you over all the time , drugs everywhere , constantly wide for someone who could slap the head off ya or slash your face open with a blade for something like small like the area your from or a bit of tobbaco . Hardly any one with respect for you or themselves, people smoking gear and shooting up in your cell every night. If your in any way weak or not street wise your completely ****ed and are almost defanitly going to be bullied and taken advantage of. Very much on your own ,and have a good chance of coming out addicted to something. You would be sick and tired of it very quickly .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I thought they'd be in uniforms. Is there a reason they aren't? I just assumed all prisons had uniforms :o

I'd nearly swear that young dark haired prison guard was in Love/Hate. He looks like the guy who was driving the security van in the tiger kidnapping episode.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

You should join the guardas jim, top analysis there.

Advertisement