Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie Rockets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Some have even started to deliver. Well worth the extra few euro.

Chicken wings in hot sauce yum yum yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Anyone else think when they give you a burger the plates are to small? Ingredients fall every where except on the plate.
    You're supposed to leave it wrapped in the paper it comes in. This stops your hands from getting greasy, and stops fillings and sauces from falling all over you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Some are a bit of a miss, it depends on what restaurant you go to. I really do like the shakes. That said, I brought an ex-gf there once and she ordered chicken tenders, she wasn't impressed by the portion sizes, but then she was always complaining. ****ing annoying bint. But yeah, I like the place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Ah i like it, more comfortable then any other fast food rest.
    Too expensive for junkies to be hanging around, that alone is worth the extra dosh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The prices of stuff in there is extortionate to be honest. Burgers for 6 or 7 euro. Chips small in portion size. Your paying for the fact that you're pretending to be in the 60's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Small portions? Are you american by any chance OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I love eddie rockets. I was gutted when the one in Liverpool closed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

This thread just got me in the mood and an Atomic burger just sorted my sore throat :)

That said, I think Eddies needs to keep an eye on their standards. Too easy to let things slide during the recession with all the coupons etc.

Keep it gourmet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

Havn't eaten there in years, only reason for me eating in ER there was for the frisbees!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

the one in arklow gives you any burger, fries and a drink for 2 plus 2 cinema tickets for €16. thats a good deal in my book

That's some deal. Cinema alone could be that price. Must be at 2 in the day or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I'd go more if they cooked the ****ing chips once in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Chicken wings + strawberry malt, that's all. Don't care much for anything else

Miss it here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I've only eaten there a few times, and those times it was because I got one of those "buy 1 burger get 1 free" deals with Dunnes receipt and head there with a friend. So, when the burger has such a chunk of the price cut down it makes it a lot more worth it. Supermacs is my usual, with Subway on occasion. Even though Supermacs is my usual, though, its fairly variable how often I'd go, could be a few times a month, or there could be a month or two between visits. Honestly, if I was going to be getting something pricey food wise I'd rather go to those pub/restaurants and get something there. Mashed potatotes and whatnot.

Apologies if I am making anyone hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Eating at Eddie Rockets is the same as playing the lotto, a tax on idiots.
    Yeah and last year it was 10 Eur for the same deal, so has gone up 33% in a year:rolleyes:

*cough* That's 30% maths boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's a bit pricey, that's the only thing wrong with it. They do great food. Portions are fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

the one in arklow gives you any burger, fries and a drink for 2 plus 2 cinema tickets for €16. thats a good deal in my book

Who lives in Arklow? If it were deleted from Ireland then I don't think anyone would notice. Moreover, most of us here are interested in real towns and cities ;)
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Small portions? Are you american by any chance OP?

No, I'm Realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd sooner go to The Counter or somewhere similar and choose exactly what I want in my burger.
    their strawberry shakes is about the only thing they have going for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Their food is awful. Not Supermacs bad, but still bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I love Eddie Rockets, the garlic cheese fries are sexual... *drools* And you could hardly call the portions small imo! They're pretty huge I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Miss it here

If I've successfully cracked your location, you do realise that they have them here as "Ed's" (website will play Elvis, you've been warned). Even more flavours of milkshake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Edward rocketts is pretty sweet.

İ enjoy getting onion rings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Their food is awful.

The fact that most of their outlets are regularly packed would suggest otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I prefer the iconic Buddy Cadillac's in Mullingar. Damn good eatin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Smockstack combo with fries and coke, a rare yet delightful Eddie Rocket's treat :D

Their milkshakes are lovely too!

gara wrote: »
    The fact that most of their outlets are regularly packed would suggest otherwise

Packed with people who haven't a clue eating garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Feathers wrote: »
    If I've successfully cracked your location, you do realise that they have them here as "Ed's" (website will play Elvis, you've been warned). Even more flavours of milkshake!
    I've tried it, believe me. It's not the same.:(

People who haven't a clue -what do you mean Teyla? :) Do you mean because one should only ever be enjoying handgrown organic rocket picked at dawn for fear of being otherwise deemed clueless? It's the weekend Teyla -put down the tofu and go grab a burger -you might actually enjoy yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

Haven't a clue :rolleyes:

Get over yourself. People eat there, because they like it.

The Oreo malt is an orgasm for the palate :)

No wannabe foodie is going to convince me otherwise .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Everyone knows that Eddie Rockets is just a rip off of Buddy Cadillacs Diner in Mullingar.

If you like good food, good fun, and a whole lot of crazy crap on the walls,
    then come on down to Buddy Cadillac's All-American diner.;)

Everyone knows that Eddie Rockets is just a rip off of Buddy Cadillacs Diner in Mullingar.

There i'n't no finer diner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

There i'n't no finer diner!

does it have cheesy bacon fries?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,736 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm surprised any faux-American diner in Ireland could ever be considered a rip-off of another faux-American diner in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Eddie Rockets is a rip off of the Roadhouse in Carlow.

Saying that, Eddie's is much nicer. Smokestack burger after a night on the beer is the job.

No but the curry cheese chips are only €3.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Sure they do.
    At Buddy Cadillacs they've got everything you could ever want.
    Just don't complain about the service or they might shoot you in the face :eek:

CommanderC wrote: »
    Haven't a clue :rolleyes:

Get over yourself. People eat there, because they like it.

The Oreo malt is an orgasm for the palate :)

No wannabe foodie is going to convince me otherwise .

I like a good burger, I just don't like their burgers. I would much rather go somewhere like GBK. I reckon people only eat in Eddie Rockets due to lack of choice, or because they don't realise there are better places out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Yeah and last year it was 10 Eur for the same deal, so has gone up 33% in a year:rolleyes:

yes, you're right, its a huge rip off. i'll never go their again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'll stick with my 'Four Lights' thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

a good business plan so

• Advertisement

I reckon people only eat in Eddie Rockets due to lack of choice, or because they don't realise there are better places out there.

Your arrogance is actually insufferable

Your arrogance is actually insufferable

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

Cheese fries are disgusting there and must be made from cheese powder. Smells like hot sick. Everything else is fine but very overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

I have to say I actually like the food there, it used to be quite expensive a few years ago before the deals they have now etc but now its about the same as BK or Mcds pricewise with most of the stuff on the menu.
    Whenever I go there or have gone im always stuffed after it, so i dont think small portions really tbh
    All depends on what you get tbh, the baskets for 6.50 etc although great value are kinda small if your actually hungry so youd probably need something else with it.

The only downfall to me would be the closest they have to anything like curry chips etc is chilli fries which isnt the same imho :( , but I do love their nachoes, pineapple burger thingy sans sauce or their veggie burger, shakes and apple pie, or the kids bangers and mash meal with a strawberry shake when they serve it :D mmmmmm yummy, damn i want that now though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Love eddie rockets, Film in the Eye in galway and eddie rockets after. Great way to spend an evening and about 40euros.

At least your getting a proper burger, not some shíte mcnastys,bk and supermacs serve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I'm kinda foodie-ish/into healthy stuff but I wouldn't judge people for enjoying junkfood or claim to know why they do it... and I quite enjoy the odd junkfood treat myself.
    I prefer the iconic Buddy Cadillac's in Mullingar. Damn good eatin'.

Except no old people - they're not covered by the insurance.

Yep, another Buddy's fan here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

I always just assumed eddie rockets was a rip off of TGI Fridays tbh. Either way I dont really care, they're both delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Answer to OP: Two-for-one burger vouchers on the back of receipts.

Everyone else: I get that their burgers are nicer than McD's or BK's, but it's still not amazing.
    The burger without the dressings is just a grey'ed slab of mince with a tiny bit of pepper and salt.

Anyone in Cork - go get a Double Bacon Cheese Burger from The Fish Wife...
    Un.
    Be.
    Lievable.

That's a burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

Their food is awful. Not Supermacs bad, but still bad.

What a load of crap! Most McDonald's outlets are equally packed and I'm sure you don't admit that their food isn't awful!

There are many defences you can make for Eddie Rockets as many people here have done, but this particular one is just plain daft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,507 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Eating at Eddie Rockets is the same as playing the lotto, a tax on idiots.

???

Anyway....I love the stuff they put on the chips (Papricca maybe?). Consdiering a QP meal in McDonalds is about 7 quid, a classic combo in Eddies pisses all over it for the extra two euro or so.

Because of the combo deal I rarely get anything else but the chicken tenders and strawberry shake or quite decent.

If people call the food there garbage, at least they can admit its a couple of steps up from McDonalds?

Sat at the counter in O'Connell Street recently when I got a burger, actually slabs of mince going onto the grill rather than a crappy patty, the veg always tastes fresher on the burger as well.

Nobody is calling it the best restaurant in the world but when it comes to fast food franchises I would say it is the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

very average and pricey, thunder-road cafe in temple bar is a much better us style diner

• Advertisement
Advertisement