Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ikea

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

17 minutes! Pah!

Go in the exit and through the tills the wrong way straight to the warehouse, knowing exactly where what you want is, and you can be in and out in less than half that time...

I can’t do that. I usually go with the other half because I have to ‘lift stuff’. And no short cuts, because she has to ‘look at stuff’.

I dream of the day I can go alone. Which I won’t. Because why would I if nobody was dragging me along...

As ye were!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

My sister was returning some pieces she'd bought just before lockdown. Returns were able to jump the queue. She was thrilled. Not so much the ones who didn't realise she was allowed.
    The dirty looks said it all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Word in the street (Facebook) is that most stuff is out of stock, despite showing as available online, the only thing worse than queuing for IKEA so to get there and find that they don’t have what your looking for ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,982 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I don't know why anyone would shop there at all, never mind queuing to get into the place. Absolutely appalling quality furniture and homewares, and very much operating in the sphere of the false economy. It's cheap for a reason - it's crap.

Its far from crap, its not solid timber but its built to last a more than reasonable amount of time. My house is full of the stuff and the only time I threw something out from wear was a chest of drawers that the new dog chewed the handles off.

Its cheap because its mass produced, not because its of bad quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

My sister was returning some pieces she'd bought just before lockdown. Returns were able to jump the queue. She was thrilled. Not so much the ones who didn't realise she was allowed.
    The dirty looks said it all:)

Thats interesting. I wonder could you *cough* have something for return and then go into the main store via the tills.

Out of all the shops that are open Ikea seems to be the one that suffers massive queues day after day. From reports it seems to be anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭tscul32

Went last Thursday after reading about short queues the previous Thursday. Anyway, got there at 6.30 and there were maybe 50 is on a queue, but by the time we'd meandered to the end of it the queue started moving and we were the last to get in in that lot. So maybe 4 minutes standing still. And straight to a till when we were paying. Going again this evening around 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

tscul32 wrote: »
    Went last Thursday after reading about short queues the previous Thursday. Anyway, got there at 6.30 and there were maybe 50 is on a queue, but by the time we'd meandered to the end of it the queue started moving and we were the last to get in in that lot. So maybe 4 minutes standing still. And straight to a till when we were paying. Going again this evening around 6pm.

:eek:

Madman!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭tscul32

:eek:

Madman!

:D

Was going back for something, but just got there 5 minutes ago and on the way home again - NOT a 5 minute queue! Will wait until Thursday again. Thankfully only live 10 minutes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Arrived here at 9.55. Just after leaving the place now. No queues at all and skipped the showroom bit

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Planning to go on Thursday - noticed on the Ikea website it says "Please be advised that the hour between 10:00 to 12:00 is designated as a priority to our elderly and vulnerable visitors."

Does anyone know of this means only elderly and vulnerable can enter at this time? I'm going with my parents and while my dad is a pensioner and had heart surgery last year , my mum and I (obviously!) are not. We would prefer to go earlier to avoid queues but obviously no point if we can't all go in!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Planning to go on Thursday - noticed on the Ikea website it says "Please be advised that the hour between 10:00 to 12:00 is designated as a priority to our elderly and vulnerable visitors."

Does anyone know of this means only elderly and vulnerable can enter at this time? I'm going with my parents and while my dad is a pensioner and had heart surgery last year , my mum and I (obviously!) are not. We would prefer to go earlier to avoid queues but obviously no point if we can't all go in!!!

The whole party can go in. The main queue is to the left of the main door. The priority queue will be to the right. At 10am on Saturday there was no queue at all for the priority line

• Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭horse7

ANY UPDATE ON QUEING?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

horse7 wrote: »
    ANY UPDATE ON QUEING?

HELLO SHOUTY MAN :pac:

I was there last Friday at 7:30/8pm and no que..

Thanks, how about 11am ish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭hayoc

gogo wrote: »
    Word in the street (Facebook) is that most stuff is out of stock, despite showing as available online, the only thing worse than queuing for IKEA so to get there and find that they don’t have what your looking for ...

The official word (from an IKEA staff member) is that if you choose the online ordering option you are ordering from a warehouse in the UK. The UK warehouse that ships to Ireland (its in Leicester) was suffering the effects of lockdown so the online ordering was very hit and miss from March - I was told this about a month ago.

What you see on the website in terms of "is in stock in Dublin" is up to date and the same info shows to the IKEA staff in Carrickmines - thats showing whats in Ballymun. So if you order at the counter in Carrickmines you are ordering from Dublin, if you order online you are ordering from the UK.

Their whole supply chain was badly affected since March and they have had a run on certain items such as desks and chairs for work from home so they may well not be back up to date with supply at this stage yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Honestly couldn't tell you. Never been at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Cool, that works for me. It's a date!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Tork

There's a thread about the queues in the Dublin city forum https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058097953 It doesn't seem to be so bad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

Anyone know what the queue is like at opening time in Ikea St Margaret’s Road these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

majo wrote: »
    Anyone know what the queue is like at opening time in Ikea St Margaret’s Road these days?

Was there this morning around 11am, no queue... Walked straight in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

Thank you!

Been waiting over 3 months for item to come in, no email support ,no on line chat support,no phone support.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

have you paid for the item already or are just waiting for it to be back in stock? Ikea are kind of like Ryanair when it comes to customer support, it costs them money so they try to discourage it. If youre anywhere near their two branches in Dublin you'd be better off just going in and asking face to face

not available on line or in shop

Do you still have to book for the restaurant?

Advertisement