Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Psychosis from drug use

• 16-06-2020 6:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Do you know anyone who developed psychosis from drug use? It's an unspoken danger of drug use, most people focus on drug addiction but arguably it's probably better than psychosis as many recover from rock bottom but are impacted long term from going crazy.

I knew a guy in St John of God's hospital during my stay who had been involuntarily committed for 5 months after a binge on weed, magic mushrooms, and speed. All drugs that can induce psychosis. He looked like a zombie due to the high dose of anti-psychotics he was on.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Big bag of purple haze and and a few blots of the double dip will set you good n straight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You did this one already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

One or two people who I would have hung around with back in the day probably shouldn't have taken hallucinogenic drugs. If you've got underlying mental health issues to begin with I wouldn't recommend Acid on a semi regular basis. In my experience anyone who ended up a bit unstable after heavy drug use was a bit unstable to begin with and if you're not unstable then you're unlikely to develop lasting psychological issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

one lad in particular whose mind is gone... haven't talked to him in a couple years, but he smoked himself silly, serious paranoia, then he'd turn violent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Have come across some in public transport where I've seen the change from wanting to kill and openly stating this to been on meds from what I could see as they were quite calm but zoned out somewhat.

One was a 15 year diagnosed and the Gardai even knew her by name, she was punching up the bus and smacking her head and trying her best to attack me in the cab.

Her mother and sister and brothers are there too along with her 20 year Roma gypsy boyfriend.
    They were travellers and made absolute sh1te of the bus and the Gaurd asks when he got it calmed down a bit would I be willing to drop them home....

The lot of them had thrown all sorts of threats and the 15 year old was talking the hole time of slitting my throat and spitting and licking the glass etc, absolutely nuts.

I asked was the Garda tagging along and he was like eh no so I was like well no disrespect but eh I'll be answering the same no way I'll be bringing them home.

Took 40 minutes to sort and was last bus too. They got on at 11.10pm and weren't off till 12.10am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

My cousin’s young fella is little more than a walking vegetable after years of smoking weed. He’s not violent, but he will never work, meet a partner, have a family, own a house etc.

The modern weed that’s on sale is a dirty, dangerous drug.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Arghus wrote: »
    One or two people who I would have hung around with back in the day probably shouldn't have taken hallucinogenic drugs. If you've got underlying mental health issues to begin with I wouldn't recommend Acid on a semi regular basis. In my experience anyone who ended up a bit unstable after heavy drug use was a bit unstable to begin with and if you're not unstable then you're unlikely to develop lasting psychological issues.

Any type of drugs that increase dopamine are known to cause psychosis in some people. Hallucinogens (Weed, LSD, psilocybin) and stimulants (speed, coke, amphetamines)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

A few fellas I used to know have problems now.
    I think their minds was already too frigile to handle the things they took.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If only there was a way to ensure the weed people consume is safe, not contaminated and clearly displays the THC/CBD content and expected side effects...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

jesus Christ almighty …..

How can half thoughts of someone become threads ?!?!???

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
Advertisement