Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proper prison reform (I hope I don't sound like Hitler's henchman)

Options
  • 14-03-2018 9:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29

5 AM is wake up call and breakfast
    12 hours of hard work with two 30 minute breaks and lunch
    Transport back to prison to march around the building for three more hours continuously.
    Dinner.
    10 PM, lights out. (Sleep on the floor in your prison uniform, no pillow or bed sheets)
    Slop out and shower in the same room you sleep in.

For men and women.

For people who are violently disorderly they will be denailed with no anaesthetic in public.

Good prison? 2 votes

Good idea
    0%
    Bad idea
    100%
    Grab All AssociationRerto 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Why not give them all a suspended sentence and hang them while we're at it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

I have a feeling Rerto won't be hanging around here for too long

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sierra Eire

I don't agree with sending people to prison. Prison is inhumane as it is. I believe in the death penalty, fines and beatings - depending upon the crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Rerto wrote: »
    Transport back to prison to march around the building for three more hours continuously.
    Dinner.
    10 PM, lights out. (Sleep on the floor in your prison uniform, no pillow or bed sheets)

For men and women.

So no matter what the crime, that's the punishment?
    3 hours continuous walking? Where? In a circle?
    Regardless of the crime they still have the basic human rights, not sure in a civilised society like ours would being forced to sleep on the floor with no blanket or pillow be accepted.

I don't agree with sending people to prison. Prison is inhumane as it is. I believe in the death penalty, fines and beatings - depending upon the crime.

Prison is inhumane.. But the death penalty and beatings are fine.
    Fantastic thought process there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Rerto

Bad idea
    bear1 wrote: »
    So no matter what the crime, that's the punishment?
    3 hours continuous walking? Where? In a circle?
    Regardless of the crime they still have the basic human rights, not sure in a civilised society like ours would being forced to sleep on the floor with no blanket or pillow be accepted.

Some of these people ARE animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

What's the thought process for prescribing this? What are you trying to achieve?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Rerto

Bad idea
    For people who commit violent crimes or burglary, they will be denailed in public with no anaesthetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Bad idea
    The only way to sort out Jimmy the scumbag types with 80+ convictions is lobotomies and psychiatric drugs. Prisons are no deterrent these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Dinner.

For men and women.

For people who are violently disorderly they will be denailed with no anaesthetic in public.

So what youre saying is they should get jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,108 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

For people who commit violent crimes or burglary, they will be denailed in public with no anaesthetic.

Denailed?

Maybe better to nail them in public instead? Up the bum, no harm done?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,108 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Your Face wrote: »
    So what youre saying is they should get jobs.

I have your Leo coming to visit me on Thursday in the Whitehouse. I heard that he likes people who get up early in the morning. Although 5am is a bit too early for me. Melania does be gagging for an early morning dart of little Donnie around 6am so she does

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Dinner.

For men and women.

A wake up call and breakfast? Sounds more like a 5 star hotel to me.

You're one of those sjw cuck Marxist feminist commie liberal do-gooders aren't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Sierra Eire

bear1 wrote: »
    Prison is inhumane.. But the death penalty and beatings are fine.
    Fantastic thought process there.

If you had a dog that was hit by a car and was going to die a painful death, would you have it put down or let it suffer?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,998 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

The only way to sort out Jimmy the scumbag types with 80+ convictions is lobotomies and psychiatric drugs. Prisons are no deterrent these days.

Cruel prison wouldn't deter those people with 80+ convictions. They're pathological criminals. I'd argue that cruelty in prisons in history didn't prevent these people from committing crimes. Prisons were more cruel and more crimes were committed.

Strange as it sounds I'd argue for the drugs route or some other approaches because punishment doesn't deter those People. A lot of criminals have frontal cortex brain damage which limits forward planning. So the threat of prison in the future actually isn't a deterrent for these people because they can't really plan that far ahead.

If you had a dog that was hit by a car and was going to die a painful death, would you have it put down or let it suffer?

What has that got to do with prison and death penalties?

Advertisement