Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to buy a drone for the following

Options
  • 29-06-2020 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Howdy,

I am completely new to drones, I need a drone that I can hover at a said distance from ground (max 30m), i will be taking a photo of the drone when it reaches the required height so camera resolution on drone is not important (for this instance)

1) how accurate can i expect it to be in the vertical,
    2) I'd like the drone not to veer off to left or right when up in air, does this come at a cost?

3) what cheap drone (without going silly money) would you recommend for this

4)battery life? anytime else i should consider
    thanks in advance
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Not sure I understand your question

i will be taking a photo of the drone when it reaches the required height so camera resolution on drone is not important (for this instance)

You are going to take a photo from the ground of the drone when it is 30m up? It will be a dot...

Answer to 1) and 2) about accuracy / veering has more to do with wind than drone quality. But the more you pay for the drone, the better it will hover I guess.

DJI Spark?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

sumo12 wrote: »
    DJI Spark?
    The Spark is EOL now. Replaced by the Mavic Mini

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

TychoCaine wrote: »

Fair play, didn't know that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

sumo12 wrote: »
    Not sure I understand your question

i will be taking a photo of the drone when it reaches the required height so camera resolution on drone is not important (for this instance)

You are going to take a photo from the ground of the drone when it is 30m up? It will be a dot...

Answer to 1) and 2) about accuracy / veering has more to do with wind than drone quality. But the more you pay for the drone, the better it will hover I guess.

DJI Spark?
    TychoCaine wrote: »
    Hell, if he can get it cheap, would still tick the boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

phill106 wrote: »
    Hell, if he can get it cheap, would still tick the boxes?

It would. It's probably overkill to be fair. I had my Mini up at 90m yesterday taking 2.7k video with no bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Instead of buying one, if it's just for a one off shot why not ask some of the guys on the forum here if they would fly for you?

I'm sure for a couple of quid someone near to wherever you live would do it

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭tommytee

cheers guys,
    much appreciated

Advertisement