Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint - what went wrong?

Options
  • 21-06-2020 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Can’t remember the paint I used - primer and overcoat. I think it was a wood and metal paint. Got from a decor shop that they coloured. I remember it was a known brand.

Put this on exterior pressure treated wood gate (and metal gate and iron gutters). The only place it lifted was at the cross bracing in one spot. Any ideas why? Water collecting there? More exposed spot (which it kinda is)

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭karlitob

karlitob wrote: »
    Hi all

Can’t remember the paint I used - primer and overcoat. I think it was a wood and metal paint. Got from a decor shop that they coloured. I remember it was a known brand.

Put this on exterior pressure treated wood gate (and metal gate and iron gutters). The only place it lifted was at the cross bracing in one spot. Any ideas why? Water collecting there? More exposed spot (which it kinda is)

Thank you.

Forgot pics

A natural place for water to sit and seep into the crack/gap between the boards. If the wood gets very damp the paint will let go like that. Not a whole lot you can do except brush it and stick a bit more paint on IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭karlitob

JayZeus wrote: »
    A natural place for water to sit and seep into the crack/gap between the boards. If the wood gets very damp the paint will let go like that. Not a whole lot you can do except brush it and stick a bit more paint on IMHO.

Thanks for that. I thought as much and hoped so. In that I hoped it wasn’t the paint itself or the application. Strip back and go again, eh.

Advertisement