Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drone for first timer 10 year old

• 12-05-2020 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

Just wondering if anybody could recommend a Drone Budget Eur30 to Eur50.

Its my sons birthday in a few weeks he'll be 10 and he would be over the moon with one as he's never stopped talking about after seeing some great youtube videos recently.

I need one that will come with everything equipped and that he will just need to connect a phone etc.

Any links or recommendations welcome.

Highly appreciated guys.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Hi All,

Its my sons birthday in a few weeks he'll be 10 and he would be over the moon with one as he's never stopped talking about after seeing some great youtube videos recently.

I need one that will come with everything equipped and that he will just need to connect a phone etc.

Any links or recommendations welcome.

Highly appreciated guys.

Thanks

this one might suit for the budget given
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/SIMREX-Foldable-Quadcopter-Headless-Altitude/dp/B07J4VLR7S/ref=sr_1_3_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=husban+drone&qid=1589282761&sr=8-3-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExMzhYUDlPUlBDUUlGJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTk4MjA2M0w2WDVFQlBTVDlDMyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTY2MzQ0MTRTWE5aTlEzTjZLQyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭ozmo

Hi All,

... Eur30 to Eur50.

... great youtube videos...

Sorry - but just to set expectation - the drone you get for 50 euros will not produce videos suitable for posting on youtube.

Had lots here over the years these mini drones only fly for 3 or 4 minutes tops (charge time is like 30 minutes+) and any video is unusable.

The Syma's link we had were fun to fly outdoors once you had a pocket of batteries to switch every 5 or so minutes. We got 5 batteries cheap from China.

The Parrot for 30 euros (link) was cool - you could put lego men inside - its very good indoors and I could only get to work on an Android phone not Iphone - ok for very low heights outdoors, never took it high up - no camera though.

None of these under 150 euros will have return to home or GPS stability - you might think this is a luxury, but without it they are difficult to fly outdoors and very prone to flying away in slightest breeze.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Look for a hubsan h502e or similar. I got mine for €45 on sale.
    It has 720p camera, decent enough for kids videos. Most importantly it has GPS with a very reliable return to home, trust me I've tested it plenty. Motors are cheap and very easy to replace.
    Hubsan support was excellent for me when I burned our a motor after 2 flights, they sent me 4 spares for free.

They do a few versions with WiFi fpv but I'd avoid them and stick with the basic non wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Hi All,

Thanks
    Genuinely not being snarky, but any new drone at the that price range is pretty poor.

If you can stretch your budget, check out the Tello https://store.dji.com/category/tello?from=menu_products

Auto takeoff/landing, vision position system, smart modes, stunts......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

Genuinely not being snarky, but any new drone at the that price range is pretty poor.

If you can stretch your budget, check out the Tello https://store.dji.com/category/tello?from=menu_products

Auto takeoff/landing, vision position system, smart modes, stunts......

yeah, that one or one of the Parrots or Hubsan, they seem to be decent as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭ra0044

You can't beat the JJRC range of drones for the money if you want a beginner drone.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07SX1Z9WK/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_SXzVEb59QR8E2

This has everything you need and are well built. Great starter drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

Theres loads of Phantom 2's on Ebay for reasonable prices, most of them with GoPro slung underneath, if you can stretch a wee bit farther

Advertisement