Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thought that was on Prime here not Netflix.

Was on prime, now on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Enjoyed Behind Her Eyes. Trying to figure out which one of the characters is the real nutcase - they were all worthy candidates! Well done to Eve Hewson, some dodgy accents on occasion but otherwise a meaty performance. 7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 28,846 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

peteeeed wrote: »
    Coming in march (early edition)

Gonna hold it against you if we don't get the Kyle Chandler series Early Edition in March now.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Watched The Meg yesterday morning.

It was grand. Easy watching (as much as shark movies can be).

Absolutely no tension in it whatsoever, could've been much more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Bit late in getting around to it but watched The Night Stalker back to back last night and dreamt about it afterwards, it left that much of an impact.

Wasn't familiar with him until I watched American Horror Story Hotel a few years ago.

J**** even got p***** myself, when the detective was telling the story about the car and the handprints which led to the delays in identifying him and all as a result of competitive issues within the police jurisdictions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Below Zero well worth a watch. A Spanish thriller!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Ratcatcher100

Enjoyed Behind Her Eyes. Trying to figure out which one of the characters is the real nutcase - they were all worthy candidates! Well done to Eve Hewson, some dodgy accents on occasion but otherwise a meaty performance. 7/10

can you explain to me who was who in the end? Who was in the body of Louise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭chicorytip

"Message From The King". Netflix original thriller. U.S/South African production.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

the doctors wife’s friend I think his name was John from the mental asylum, he was edel ( the doctors wife) all along, his is some evil bastard

It was junkie Rob. He jumped in to Adele’s body. Then at the end he jumped from Adele’s body into Louise’s.

• Advertisement

It was junkie Rob. He jumped in to Adele’s body. Then at the end he jumped from Adele’s body into Louise’s.
    ha thanks gloomtastic. I couldn’t even get his name right lol.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Tim76 wrote: »
    Not on Netflix, but you should check out Rubber if you enjoyed The Meg.

A homicidal car tire, discovering it has destructive psionic power, sets its sights on a desert town once a mysterious woman becomes its obsession.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612774/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    Robert is a tire haunted by the ghosts of the dinosaurs the fossils of which became the petroleum used to make Robert.

more spoilers https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/WMG/Rubber

fin12 wrote: »
    ha thanks gloomtastic. I couldn’t even get his name right lol.

Confession: I had to look it up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Pelé
    Against the backdrop of a turbulent era in Brazil, this documentary captures Pelé's extraordinary path from breakthrough talent to national hero.

Brian Regan: On the Rocks
    Brian Regan tackles the big issues weighing on him, including aging, time, obsessive behavior, backpacks on airplanes, ungrateful horses and raisins

Made You Look: A True Story About Fake Art
    A woman walks into a New York gallery with a cache of unknown masterworks. Thus begins a story of art world greed, willfulness and a high-stakes con.

A Call to Spy
    After France falls to the Nazis, two women seek to support the war effort by spying for a secret agency under Churchill. Based on a true story

Pasión de Gavilanes Season 1 (Spanish)
    Three brothers seek to avenge the tragic death of a loved one, but become emotionally entangled with the daughters of those they hold
    responsible..

added

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I seem to be one of the few who finds it very over-rated, a bunch of nasty people being nasty to each other and a bit aimless.

I liked the film a lot and thought Adam Sandler was very good in it.

Don't see the problem with nasty people being in it as that was sort of the point of the film.

Films don't always have to be about nice people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

Behind her Eyes I thought was very poor. It started okay, but really irritated me.. story didn't flow well and I gave up on it in the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Ratcatcher100

Mr.Wemmick wrote: »
    Behind her Eyes I thought was very poor. It started okay, but really irritated me.. story didn't flow well and I gave up on it in the end.

one of the guys just explained the ending to me you were right it was grossly over rated !! I will never get that time back !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Mr.Wemmick

one of the guys just explained the ending to me you were right it was grossly over rated !! I will never get that time back !! :)

Agreed. I ended up forwarding a lot of it to see the end. Took one look at the last few minutes, a glimpse and rolled my eyes and ended it. Pity I bothered..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I feel like every week this thread proves Scorsese right.

I feel like every week this thread proves Scorsese right.

Right about what? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,932 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Right about what? ;)

He said Boards would benefit from a dark setting/night mode I think. Or possibly not.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Did anybody also get the email that "I Care A Lot" is now on Netflix yet when I clicked it, it says it's not available in my region (IE) ?

Weird, since I knew it's newly released in the US only. Must be some glitch? I don't even know if it's going to be shown on Netflix here, it's streaming somewhere else, on Prime maybe.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

camz09 wrote: »
    Did anybody also get the email that "I Care A Lot" is now on Netflix yet when I clicked it, it says it's not available in my region (IE) ?

Weird, since I knew it's newly released in the US only. Must be some glitch? I don't even know if it's going to be shown on Netflix here, it's streaming somewhere else, on Prime maybe.

It's on prime here definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    Watched News of the World last night. Would give it a 3/5.

Its watchable and enjoyable at times but it will be soon forgotten IMO.

Didnt think it was great and "the old west" doesnt suit Tom Hanks

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's on prime here definitely.

Yeah for some reason I knew that, that's why the email from Netflix weirded me out lol

Anyway, I've seen it and t's certainly...an acquired taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dublin49

In my view its a decent watch,holds your interest,and delivers an unique ending that will provoke debate ,its well made,clips along and will satisfy as many if not more than it disappoints.

I actually didn’t sleep well at all the night I finished Behind her eyes, I just kept thinking about how horrible the whole thing was for the character of the doctor and the child.
    I mean the child had such a loving mother , and now it’s like the child will never understand what’s after happening, he’s going to ha e such a cold heartless bitch , the child is going to be mentally damaged but I hopefully he ends up living with the father.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Tribes of Europa. I like the European context but the concept is your fairly run of the mill dystopian word.
    An easy watch but I'm happy it's only 6 episodes.

• Advertisement

Age of Samurai: Battle for Japan Season 1
    Dynamic reenactments and expert commentaries bring to life the tumultuous history and power struggles of a warring 16th-century feudal Japan.

Canine Intervention Season 1
    No dog, no breed, no behavior is unfixable for Cali K9's Jas Leverette. Follow the Oakland dog trainer as he works with a range of canines and owners.

Ginny & Georgia Season 1
    Free-spirited Georgia and her two kids, Ginny and Austin, move north in search of a fresh start but find that the road to new beginnings can be bumpy.

and its scandi wednesday again
    Anja & Viktor
    Det største i verden
    Fidibus
    Elling: Brødre i blodet
    Elsk meg i morgen
    Harry’s döttrar
    Her i nærheden
    Livet är en schlager
    Lotto
    Lykkevej
    M-8: Quando a Morte Socorre a Vida