Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underdog Boxing - Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

steamsey wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's going on with Underdog Boxing (Cuffe St - Dublin)? Not much by way of updates on social media and I tried calling but it rang out. Keen to hear if/when they are reopening?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/court-instructs-landlord-to-let-boxing-gym-operator-back-into-dublin-premises-966927.html

I thought they had reopened , might just be hard to get through on the phone , maybe email them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Update: They've been open since Monday - slightly reduced timetable for the time being but delighted all the same for owners, staff and members.

Looks like the landlord won and they've closed again. No classes on the app, but nothing online about the closure. Their instagram has been removed. Anyone hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KontaX

Looks like they're out of Cuffe St. for now, they've got an auto-response to email:
    Dear members, It breaks our heart to inform you that Underdog Boxing Gym has closed its doors on 14th February at the Greenside House on Cuffe Street. We are looking for a new home for the gym where we can welcome you back. We want to thank you for your business, support, loyalty and understanding. Your current active class passes will be transferred to the new Underdog gym. We’ll keep you posted on our progress. Warmest regards, The Underdog Crew

Thanks for that. Hopefully they'll find somewhere pronto.

• Advertisement

Just checking if anyone has heard anything from Underdog? There's no news online. I emailed them but didn't get the auto response previously mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LucaM85

It seems they run away with your money. You might want to request a charge back to your card. There is an online form, you need to explain that the service was defective. I believe it is 120 days from the day of your transaction, call your bank to find that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 centurian

Gym and contents sold at auction about two months ago in Eniskillin N Ireland,couldnt believe it knew the boxing ring straight away,they even had the countdown clock,crying shame was a great gym

centurian wrote: »
    Gym and contents sold at auction about two months ago in Eniskillin N Ireland,couldnt believe it knew the boxing ring straight away,they even had the countdown clock,crying shame was a great gym

How did you find out? Do you think he had a debt with the landlord, consequently the court seized his assets? Luckily I got all my money back after requesting a chargeback to my bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 centurian

Think he was unlucky took high court proceedings and lost.was a great gym.Eniskillin auctions had the gym contents I prescribed to there site,would recognise their bags anywhere hit them enought. Was really disapointed to see them go,Yeah I got lucky was about to sign up for more classes when it folded

• Advertisement

centurian wrote: »
    Think he was unlucky took high court proceedings and lost.was a great gym.Eniskillin auctions had the gym contents I prescribed to there site,would recognise their bags anywhere hit them enought. Was really disapointed to see them go,Yeah I got lucky was about to sign up for more classes when it folded

Yes, you are right. I just found the ad on Eniskillin auctions fb page dated Feb. 29. In mid Feb. when they closed the gym, they knew that there were not going to re-open... What a pity.

Thanks for letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

New Update:

They've opened at new location at Clarendon Street, reduced timetable for the moment, courses starting in new year,

Delighted its back and like the new location too.

Advertisement