Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do nic shots work?

• 27-08-2018 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

So the €2 shop sells 50ml bottles of 0mg juice.

They also have 10ml nic shots available - says on the package 18mg.

If I mix that into the 50ml bottle, how strong will the juice be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

So the €2 shop sells 50ml bottles of 0mg juice.

They also have 10ml nic shots available - says on the package 18mg.

If I mix that into the 50ml bottle, how strong will the juice be?

3mg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

It would be 3mg strength.

You can use a calculator on the site below:
    https://indejuice.com/nicotine/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Jaysis. So I'd have to use 10 X 10ml = 100ml NIC shot bottles to the 50ml bottle to make a 12mg juice.

How is this even a thing. Seems pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

No, you would use 4 nic shots for a 50ml bottle to get 12mg nic level. 50ml & 100ml bottles that you add nic shots tend more often to be used by people that vape at lower nic levels, typically 3 or 6mg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

This thread is going to save me having to start one :o

Right, so I have a few bottles. One says 50ml. Is that the liquid in the bottle, or its capacity/fully filled? So am I adding nic to 50 ml or possibly 40? Or is the bottle size actually 60ml? Allowing for adding a 10ml nic shot?

Why I ask, I have a wingnuts one which is wonderfully labelled, it says, 100ml, and then that the bottle contains 80ml and if you add 20ml of 18 nic (2 x 10ml nic) you end up with a 3.6 strength. Gift!

But then I have a couple of other bottle that are slightly bigger that say 100ml too, from Zeusjuiceuk. They have 80ml in them? Same math?

I do have the indejuice calc btw, but is it based on the bottle or the volume in the bottle. Or the end volume.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

This thread is going to save me having to start one :o

Right, so I have a few bottles. One says 50ml. Is that the liquid in the bottle, or its capacity/fully filled? So am I adding nic to 50 ml or possibly 40? Or is the bottle size actually 60ml? Allowing for adding a 10ml nic shot?

Why I ask, I have a wingnuts one which is wonderfully labelled, it says, 100ml, and then that the bottle contains 80ml and if you add 20ml of 18 nic (2 x 10ml nic) you end up with a 3.6 strength. Gift!

But then I have a couple of other bottle that are slightly bigger that say 100ml too, from Zeusjuiceuk. They have 80ml in them? Same math?

I do have the indejuice calc btw, but is it based on the bottle or the volume in the bottle. Or the end volume.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    David

I have a halo bottle, it says both 50ml and total bottle size 100ml. I assume yours don't since you're asking, but it's worth checking.

For the calculator you mentioned, put in the volume of liquid in the bottle before you add any nicotine.

Might be worth measuring what's currently in the unknown bottles if you're unsure, the difference between 80ml and 100ml with two shots would be 3.6 vs 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

You're making this alot harder than it has to be! If it says 50ml, there's 50ml in the bottle. If you add 10ml, it's now a 60ml mixture. If I add 10 peanuts to a bowl with 50 peanuts, how many peanuts do I have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭pillphil

JCX BXC wrote: »
    You're making this alot harder than it has to be! If it says 50ml, there's 50ml in the bottle. If you add 10ml, it's now a 60ml mixture. If I add 10 peanuts to a bowl with 50 peanuts, how many peanuts do I have?

Depends, is it my bowl of peanuts to begin with :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

But can you tell exactly what the 50 peanuts weigh just by looking at them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

magentis wrote: »
    But can you tell exactly what the 50 peanuts weigh just by looking at them?

You can try!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

You can try!

What if there dry roasted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Venom wrote: »
    What if there dry roasted?

Makes it v difficult.You have to take the coating into account,but the dry roasting process would reduce the o2 content.

Advertisement