Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for a juice to replace Filter Free DRUM hand rolled

• 26-07-2015 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

Never smoked filtered fags, and like my smoke strong, even though would not not smoke more than 15 rollies a day.

Since starting to vape, about a month ago, the closest I've come is a mix called "B&L" 24mg, from a local bricks and mortar. Also like a Menthol mix 18mg, which has a bit of a throat hit and use a bit.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I used Old Holborn for 40 years & vaping 6 years & never found anything even close to it,the amount of liquids that are available now,you may have a chance in finding it,good luck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

You wont get any direct replacement as far as i know but liqua juices are quite good,
    You will want 18mg to directly replace nic levels.
    As often as not what you are vaping from will have a huge difference on your vaping experience, you should look into drippers as soon as possible.

I wouldnt be upset about getting a direct replacement in any event because what you get is much better,
    I was on about 18 a day and smoked shag for about 28 years and i dont miss the rolls one bit.
    If you like the experience of making your own rolls then you should take to rebuildables like a duck to water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dohouch

macker33 wrote: »
    you should look into drippers as soon as possible.

Maybe somebody would link me to some "drippers"

Still not up to speed on all the jargon surrounding vaping. At present I'm using what is probably your basic clearomizer and also have Kanger "Mini Protank 3 "

The Kanger does have an easier draw and maybe more smoke, is certainly better for me than the basic clearomizer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

dohouch wrote: »

Still not up to speed on all the jargon surrounding vaping. At present I'm using what is probably your basic clearomizer and also have Kanger "Mini Protank 3 "

The Kanger does have an easier draw and maybe more smoke, is certainly better for me than the basic clearomizer.

Seeing as you're a beginner and cloud chasing isn't something you're after at this point I recommend the Magma clone on ESI.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/magma.htm

Cheap, easy to build on. Great flavour. Id be careful dripping any juice with over 10mg nicotine. My lungs learned that the hard way!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

Trond wrote: »
    Seeing as you're a beginner and cloud chasing isn't something you're after at this point I recommend the Magma clone on ESI.

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/magma.htm

Cheap, easy to build on. Great flavour. Id be careful dripping any juice with over 10mg nicotine. My lungs learned that the hard way!!!!

I usually do 6mg in a dripper. My favourite is the plume veil, awesome flavour and clouds if you want them, due to the airflow on this little beast.
    https://www.fasttech.com/p/2037102
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tRo1tQ0g4w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭macker33

etc etc

Well when you are starting out the basic clearomiser is ok for deciding wether you will like vaping or not so i wouldnt hit the panic button just yet that you arent into self builds or drippers.

But if you are like i was and actually liked smoking and like to vape then it wont belong before you want to step up and want bigger and better.

The biggest curve will be when you progress from single coil to dual coil,
    The trick is that you would think that 2x2ohm coils would = 4 ohms but it doesnt, 2x2ohm coils = 1ohm.
    The reason the coil gets hot is because the volts are made to slow down and when the current gets slowed the wire gets hot, When theres twice the wire the less the current has to slow.
    And the lower your ohm the more watts you need. So chances are if you want to vape at lower ohms then you will need to upgrade you battery to a vv/vw mod.
    But like i said theres no need to panic just yet because what youre using now will do just fine for as long as you are happy with it.

This is a dual coil dripper and is probably the best one i have seen so far, https://www.fasttech.com/p/2065501 i had it but gave it away and have been cracking up ever since, Its a very very easy build.
    This is a simpler dripper and will work fine on an ego bettery(probably the one you are using) http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/rebuildable-atomizers/398-a9-stainless-steel-rebuildable-dripping-dual-coil-atomizer.html its capable of a single coil or dual coil build, it can be difficult because the post holes(the holes you put the wire in) are so teeny tiny small, I tend to use it as a single coil because the holes are so small.

I hope i didnt overload you but its well worth it and there are a bucket load of youtube videos and tutorials up so getting up to speed shouldnt be much of an issue,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

macker33 wrote:
    I hope i didnt overload you but its well worth it and there are a bucket load of youtube videos and tutorials up so getting up to speed shouldnt be much of an issue,

I don't build myself but thanks for the info, think I'm half understanding what's going on there, I watched a video of grim green building a coil, he made it look easy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

Jaysus that escalated quickly. Don't bother with drippers or rebuilding just yet, just get used to vaping and build yourself up to it. I've used a few different devices and for ease of use and the ability to rebuild on it later on the Subtank mini is hands down for me the way to go. Super flavour, big clouds and you get a rebuildable base with it.

As for juice Virginia by Liqua is damn close to rollie tobacco but it's the light tobacco like Amber Leaf and Golden Virginia.
    I used Old Holborn for 40 years & vaping 6 years & never found anything even close to it

I tried a juice the other day that reminded me of it, really brought the memories flooding back I've been trying to remember either the name or who had it and I can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

nuttyboy79 wrote:
    As for juice Virginia by Liqua is damn close to rollie tobacco but it's the light tobacco like Amber Leaf and Golden Virginia.

Using that myself it's really good, I smoked amber leaf and it really satisfies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

If you like that one, get Liqua French Pipe, it's the best "tobacco" juice I've ever had. I always have several bottles in my juice drawer and is my ADV aside from whatever other funky juice I'm trying out.

• Advertisement

TinCool wrote: »
    If you like that one, get Liqua French Pipe, it's the best "tobacco" juice I've ever had. I always have several bottles in my juice drawer and is my ADV aside from whatever other funky juice I'm trying out.

Got myself Liqua "French Pipe" 24mg. Rough throat hit :pac: , adding drops of pure VG to try to soften it. :p

It's not all I've bought, loads of hardware,( getting great satisfaction from Eleaf GS Air only €11) looks like Vaping can take over from mobile phones, as my next gadget weakness.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

The "dakota lites" from wicked/healthier choice is a good tobacco flavour.

That and liqua either American blend or Virginia.

These 3 are my daily vapes.

I only use tobacco flavours and so far these 3 have kept me off the cigs for 7 months now.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    The "dakota lites" from wicked/healthier choice is a good tobacco flavour.

Thanks @Hellrazer , been looking
    wicked/healthier
    which I presume are the brand names, don't seem to be available on bestshop,ecig.eu,ezesmoke, or bargainvapour.

Any suggestions??:) EDIT: STOP.STOP found it an Irish site with decent P&P charges. Google is my friend, but not always the first thing I think off

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thanks @Hellrazer , been looking which I presume are the brand names, don't seem to be available on bestshop,ecig.eu,ezesmoke, or bargainvapour.

Any suggestions??:) EDIT: STOP.STOP found it an Irish site with decent P&P charges. Google is my friend, but not always the first thing I think off

You`ll get them in a lot of places..My local supervalu in work even sells the Dakota lites.

Another good one for you is the Vaping dog tobacco flavours.
    Been vaping the "smooth tobacco" this week as Im waiting on a delivery and that is as close to a real actual smoke that Ive found.
    Think I may have found my new all day Vape to be honest.
    Don't know whether its something else rebranded but its definitely one of the closest tobacco flavours Ive found so far.

My local off licence sells it so its handy as anything to get.

@Hellrazer. Only have 2 local shops (30 miles away ) didn't have Dakota's but the other one does have Vaping Dog, 2 days ago I was walking around town (not Dublin), wafting heavy smoke signals about the place. Best days vaping so far, only problem is I don't really know what was in it, well it was mostly Liqua French Pipe 24mg, some 100% VG to soften it and I think, not sure , Torque56 from Halo12mg, some of a free sample I got from e-cig.eu . I suppose at the moment it's trying a few things, got 16mg Golden Roanoke @ Liqua, seem nice,. Got 3 X 306 atys from Bargainvapour as a quick way of testing my blends.

Advertisement