Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rda similar to caterpillar rda

Options
  • 23-03-2015 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Title pretty much sums it up. I have a caterpillar on a mech mod. I have tried a few rdas and nothing gives me the hit this gives me. I just like it... With a heavy vape.. heavy on the vg side.. so I would like to find another like this. Problem is this this one is the leaks. Something a little better designed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Hammerman wrote: »
    Title pretty much sums it up. I have a caterpillar on a mech mod. I have tried a few rdas and nothing gives me the hit this gives me. I just like it... With a heavy vape.. heavy on the vg side.. so I would like to find another like this. Problem is this this one is the leaks. Something a little better designed.

I had a caterpillar,the airflow was too restricted for me,first of all,do you prefer single or dual coil,do you prefer sub ohming,what about taste or clouds or a bit of both,clone or authentic & lastly,what size of airflow do you require,when we know these factors,then we could suggest some good RDA's.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Hammerman

I like the draw on the caterpillar.
    I generally do single coil on the caterpillar.
    Either single around .9 or .8 OR a single parallel coil around .4
    With the parallel .4 I get big loads of clouds. Taste also is quite good but probably could be improved. So I guess the best of both worlds there. I like clouds but not if its a very airy draw.
    I can't comment on the size air flow of you have used the caterpillar its a draw similar to that I like. I have the orchid v4 for a different type draw and I flip between these two setups.
    I don't mind going original and I don't mind clone..

I use the Stillare,22mm & 28.5mm & it is fantastic for building on,flavour & clouds is excellent,they have a cyclops type air hole,so it can be adjusted for mouth to lung,it is a dual coil only but worth the extra build. (clones)

The other favourite is the Mephisto,single or dual & very similar vape to the Stillare,I like the Magma for T2L,this one,you have to screw the top cap off,to get to the build.
    The Omega & the Jam are excellent as well,I could mention the Trident as well,I get no leaks with any of these,the ones with the air hole beneath the coil really gives a tasty vape but you must be careful not to over drip on top of the coil,just soak the wicks as much as you want & the coil will do the rest.
    Hope this is useful,watch some vids on them...Good Luck

Cheers for that.
    I have looked at them all and I think I like the look of the Jam.
    So I am going to give that a try.
    I was thinking of getting a clone from fasttech so I don't spend too much and if I like it I can get a decent one.. Well I suppose how good the clone is. If its really bad I won't like it. If its really good I don't see the point in spending so much extra but if its sitting somewhere in the middle of those two extremes then I will.
    I have never purchased from there before so I have very low expectations..
    Am I wasting my money going this route?

Cheers for that.
    I have looked at them all and I think I like the look of the Jam.
    So I am going to give that a try.
    I was thinking of getting a clone from fasttech so I don't spend too much and if I like it I can get a decent one.. Well I suppose how good the clone is. If its really bad I won't like it. If its really good I don't see the point in spending so much extra but if its sitting somewhere in the middle of those two extremes then I will.
    I have never purchased from there before so I have very low expectations..
    Am I wasting my money going this route?

I bought all my rda's from Fasttech,about 15 of them,only one was crap,the screws would not screw into the posts.
    I order one thing at a time,but could end up having 20 orders in the one day,doing it this way seems to speed up the dispatch date & also you are not risking alot if an order got lost.
    The Jam is very good & the Plume Veils are to.

• Advertisement

Yea I was considering single orders.
    I was looking at the Plume Veil also.

Well what caught my eye over the last few days:
    Dark Horse
    Tobh V2
    Plume Veil
    Jam
    Doge V2

I never tried the Dark Horse or the Doge V2,my next two drippers will be the Derringer & the Marquis,I will probably get them here for €22 each.
    I have 3 Tobh's,not sure what version they are,you want to check out the Derringer on YT.

Will check out those..
    You must have some collection.
    Ordered the Jam and the Plume Veil last night will order another couple when they arrive.
    Will have loads of options by the end of it and hopefully retire the leaky caterpillar

Will check out those..
    You must have some collection.
    Ordered the Jam and the Plume Veil last night will order another couple when they arrive.
    Will have loads of options by the end of it and hopefully retire the leaky caterpillar

Good choice with those two drippers,all RDA's will leak if you over drip,some are worse than others,the Jam & the Plume has never leaked even with over dripping,will you use them on a regulated mod or a Mech.

Probably both over time will depend on the coils I guess
    Parallel builds the Mech mod for sure.
    The Jam has just shipped so I just try and forget about it for now and get a nice surprise some morning in the post.

• Advertisement

Jam arrived this morning. Threw a coil in it while rushing out the door for work. A few too many wraps 2.2 ohm, lol. So can only use it on the VV mod with that coil. No leaks this morning... no more liquid pouring onto my trousers from my pocket, no more liquid all over my hands. I like the draw on it and the simple design. Very good recommendation, nice TH, good clouds and nice flavor. Happy vaper this morning :-)

I got the Dark Horse and if you like the jam or that type of vape you might really like the Dark Horse. Its my favorite rda at the moment.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2294703

Advertisement