Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid question on clearomizer etc stopping to work

Options
  • 26-08-2014 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭

Stupid question probably but couldn't find anything in the faq section.

First of all I'm only a three, four times a day vaper. I quit smoking alright but not really full on the vapour, could probably easily enough manage without them altogether. Just putting it up here to give an indication of usage.

Anyway.

I have a couple of ego-t batteries and a few fitting screw-on clearomizers. Usually all works fine until the battery goes empty which is indicated by some flashing of the button on the battery and then nothing. Fine.

But just now a pretty newish clearomizer just stopped working but the battery is still fine it would seem. As in fully lit when pressing the button.

Got a new clearomizer out - from a recent delivery, slightly different model but same screw on - and same thing. Nothing.

Do batteries go off like that? I didn't think so. After all the only thing that could go off is the coil I would have thought, which is the claeromizer.

Any way I can check a battery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

Do the cleros work on another battery ? if so the contact pin on the battery may have gotten pushed down so it no longer makes contact with bottom of coil.

get a small philips screwdriver and gently work around 510 connection on the battery gently prising up the center pin and retry clearos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Turned out my old clreao had apparently given up and the new was a dud. The next one was just fine.
    Does that happen a lot? Are there cheap ones and better ones? I got them at €19 for a 5 pack. Is that cheap?

Boskowski wrote: »
    Turned out my old clreao had apparently given up and the new was a dud. The next one was just fine.
    Does that happen a lot? Are there cheap ones and better ones? I got them at €19 for a 5 pack. Is that cheap?

It is a bit , clearos should last a long time cheap but good ones would be something like evod .

you should only really be replacing the coils and yes you can get dud coils here and there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

They're called CES+. Will look out for those evods. Thanks.

WELL have a good look around , youtube is your friend most products are reviewed there, if you are only having a vape here and there something like the evod is fine or go mad and get a protank mini about 12-14 euro

and they use the same coils as the evod and the coils can be got in pack of 5 for 10 euro in ireland or 3.50 euro from fasttech in china

AND if you search youtube for dry burning protank coils you will learn how to clean the coils to extend their life and when you are use to them you can rewick and recoil those coils yourself enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Protank Mini 3 is is only €8.50 http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=prrotankmini3

I just bought one and it is absolutely great. Small, neat, consistent, loads of flavour and vapour. Yeah so far delighted. The heads are only 2 quid a piece which is great too.

The caveat is that it comes with 1.5 ohm coils, so on an ego battery it isn't going to be too great. That's 9.1 or so watts, and those batteries just die with it. Use a VV / VW mod. The Innokin VV V3.0 is ego sized and BRILLIANT imho for a smaller device.

Alternatively buy some iClear 16s. They're a fiver, and they ALWAYS work great for me, on an ego, an eVic, anything! Get a few spares, or buy a few heads to replace when they die out. They last about 1 - 4 weeks depending usually.

Protank Mini 3 is is only €8.50 http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=prrotankmini3

I just bought one and it is absolutely great. Small, neat, consistent, loads of flavour and vapour. Yeah so far delighted. The heads are only 2 quid a piece which is great too.

The caveat is that it comes with 1.5 ohm coils, so on an ego battery it isn't going to be too great. That's 9.1 or so watts, and those batteries just die with it. Use a VV / VW mod. The Innokin VV V3.0 is ego sized and BRILLIANT imho for a smaller device.

Alternatively buy some iClear 16s. They're a fiver, and they ALWAYS work great for me, on an ego, an eVic, anything! Get a few spares, or buy a few heads to replace when they die out. They last about 1 - 4 weeks depending usually.

and dont they use dual coils ? not very easy for d.i.ying the coils/wicks , i hate dual coils :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

masonchat wrote: »
    and dont they use dual coils ? not very easy for d.i.ying the coils/wicks , i hate dual coils :mad:

Yeah not a DIYers dream to be sure. It's a bottom dual coil. I'm not sure if there's alternative single coil heads you can buy tbh. Just a good clearo for a mod for someone like me who doesn't want any messing about.

Advertisement