Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-pipe vaping query

Options
  • 04-02-2013 3:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Next paycheque I'm thinking of taking up vaping, to see can I use it as a replacement, as I find I'm smoking more than I'd want to.

In the past, I saw a mod whereby someone modded a tobacco pipe (e-pipe?) and put the vaping gizmo inside it. To me, it looked very good, and I'm wondering if you can buy them pre-made?

Something like this I suppose, but would prefer if it's around the €60 mark, or less.

Have watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=0rGw7tzM4sI#! but as I've never soldered before, I'm afraid it'll go horribly wrong :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Theres one available over here called the "Pipa Popeye" .. looks like it might be up your alley, accepts any 510 atty e.g. Vivi, AGA, Kanger etc... Dont know where you'd pick one up in Ireland but its a starting point for your search.

Also Check Alibaba .. http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=e-pipe ... you'll find all the various names they go under.

203425314_20334445659559a5040041e29f2a0ee2b56ccc5a8e1a1ead0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

but would you use it while out an about?bad enough vapin an e cig.
    but a pipe?
    or just for home use?
    tbh i have a note 2 phone,grand for
    messin bout the net when im out
    but feck me,when i get a call
    the looks i get lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

www.vapourpal.com/e-pipe-ireland.html

this might be what you're looking for. it takes cartridges, comes with prefilled ones, 8 I believe, but is slightly more expensive than your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

deco nate wrote: »
    but would you use it while out an about?bad enough vapin an e cig.
    I have a proper tobacco pipe that I've used whilst at a pub. I don't give two f**ks about the "weird looks".

Anyhoos, the pipe would go well with the shaved head, beard, and trenchcoat :pac:

this might be what you're looking for. it takes cartridges, comes with prefilled ones, 8 I believe, but is slightly more expensive than your budget.
    Oooo. That looks nice. May save up for that, esp as it does USB charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

fair play syco, cut out the smokes and start this, vaping checks all the boxes.

Instead of jumping in with a pipe, why not spend your 60 euros on a starter kit instead? More reliable vape, you get two of everything a few ejuices to try.

If you really want a pipe for the look after that, at least you'll know what to expect, vape quality wise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

E-Pipe-Mods has some great ones, and you can get them here from PureVapour too. Kinda pricey though. As are the Jazz Carto Pipes.

They all look great, but considering the prices, it might be better to get some standard kit to make sure vaping agrees with you and then transition over to an e-pipe if it does.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's worth pointing out too that using an e-pipe won't give you materially different vapour to a non-pipe. They mostly use the same atomisers as other form factors, so in a way they're just a fancy battery case.

With that said though, they do look good and I want one.

stevenmu wrote: »
    With that said though, they do look good and I want one.
    Pretty much it. I'll spend an extra €20 on one that I like as opposed to spending €60 on a "starter" kit that I don't like the look of.

Paycheque has come, so came back to this thread :pac:
    the_syco wrote: »
    Have watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=0rGw7tzM4sI#! but as I've never soldered before, I'm afraid it'll go horribly wrong :(
    The parts cannot be gotten on Amazon, and looks like they'd rack up a small fortune to get them in the UK.

Had a look at other online UK sites. It seems most go for about £69 (about €81).

Had a look at the cheap sh|te on dx.com and think I'll go for either this (€41.30) or this (€39.70), with the latter having good reviews.

=-=

Ever so slightly worried about the AnPost thing, though, but meh.

/edit; just transferred monies to paypal. Once the money shows up, this is on like donkeykong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

Paycheque has come, so came back to this thread :pac:

The parts cannot be gotten on Amazon, and looks like they'd rack up a small fortune to get them in the UK.

Had a look at other online UK sites. It seems most go for about £69 (about €81).

Had a look at the cheap sh|te on dx.com and think I'll go for either this (€41.30) or this (€39.70), with the latter having good reviews.

=-=

Ever so slightly worried about the AnPost thing, though, but meh.

/edit; just transferred monies to paypal. Once the money shows up, this is on like donkeykong :P

the two you linked to there look like the first version of the 601 pipe and take propierty cartomizers iirc - have a look for the 601c instead - replacement refillable cartos will fit and can be bought far more readily.

• Advertisement

artyeva wrote: »
    the two you linked to there look like the first version of the 601 pipe and take propierty cartomizers iirc - have a look for the 601c instead - replacement refillable cartos will fit and can be bought far more readily.
    The bolded bits mean nothing to me :(

Are they the parts where I'd put the liquid into?

The bolded bits mean nothing to me :(

Are they the parts where I'd put the liquid into?

yip. the 601 you've linked to uses cartdidges [liquid holder] though, and has the atomizer [liquid 'heater'] built into the body of the pipe. the cartridges are propierty to that device. [is that the right way to say that? meh, you know what i mean!]

the newer version, the 601c, uses 510 cartomizers - where the atomizer and cartridge is in the one thing, and replaceable. and more readily available. i know vapourpal sell the 601c here, so do healthiersmoker. and pretty much every irish vendor i'd say sells 510s.

artyeva wrote: »
    yip. the 601 you've linked to uses cartdidges [liquid holder] though, and has the atomizer [liquid 'heater'] built into the body of the pipe. the cartridges are propierty to that device. [is that the right way to say that? meh, you know what i mean!]

the newer version, the 601c, uses 510 cartomizers - where the atomizer and cartridge is in the one thing, and replaceable. and more readily available. i know vapourpal sell the 601c here, so do healthiersmoker. and pretty much every irish vendor i'd say sells 510s.
    Will look around for the 601c model then. Bah. This shall set my timeline back a bit, as I don't want to spend more than €50 (money got tighter than I thought).

So, have looked around for the 501's. Seems this one; http://www.ok-smokey.com/oks2011p-starter-kit-old-gold.html will take the 501 atomizers or cartomizers. Seems there's a wooden version of it also, though both are out of stock.

Also came across this; http://www.ivapour.co.uk/kuwako-1.html which may allow me to get a cheap e-cig and plug it in to get an epipe :D

the first one you linked there i've never seen before. but here's a video review - it takes 801 atomisers. never used them and i've no idea if you can buy replacements here, i would have guessed there were 'on the way out' at this stage in the vaping timeline, but it seems you can still get them on chinese sites. you could do what yer man did there and get an 801-510 adaptor but...

the 2nd thing, the kuako does take ego style batteries, it's more of a battery accessory though, there's no switch in the body. so you either need to get an automatic battery [so you just start inhaling to activate the battery switch] or get a battery that'll let you activate the swtich comfortably when yer holding it. i know newmark on here has one, you could ask him what he's used in his. and cass did a video review of it here, not sure if you've seen that. she uses a janty auto battery with it.

look, mr artyeva bought me a 601c as a surprise present. i love it, and it now has kinda sentimental value. but he just googled 'e-pipe' and bought the first one that came up in the search resuts. if i was to buy one for myself, having used one at a vapemeet, i'd go for the e-pipe mod. it'd be out of my budget too, but having felt the quality and knowing the range of things i could stick on the end of it, and the re-sale value if i ever wanted to sell it on, i'd sell something else to fund it. it's that worth it. and i'm not trying to dissuade you from one thing over the other here tbh, that's just my €0.02!

So, got money into my Paypal account, annnnnnd; it's gone off the site. Rang them just there and they're out of stock, with no date as of yet for new stock due to the chinese new year. Feck :(

So, have €100 in the Paypal account, waiting to buy a pipe. Seems the 601c is the way to go.

The e-pipes are out of stock on healthiersmoker, vapourpal, vapourhut,

epipemods have some in stock, but not sure about ordering one from the States, as I'd fear getting hit by customs.

Sooooo... anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Idea.

grindle wrote: »

ooh well spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Just after remembering that they emailed me and said anything that has a battery included might not make it out of the country, but they sell the body only elsewhere on the site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement