Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

E cig setup through the middle east?

Options
  • 04-08-2015 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

My partners sister is currently travelling through Asia and the Middle East and has asked if I would like anything brought home. So I asked her to pick me up some vaping stuff.

The issue lies with the fact that as she is travelling throughout Asia and the Middle East I am worried she might have issues in some parts of the world going through airports. Now she doesn't Vape so she won't have any ejuice on her at all as I'm only looking for hardware (some tanks and batteries). Is anyone aware of any issues she may have or am I just better off telling her to leave it?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I could be wrong but as far as im aware it using them that's illegal rather than being in possession of them.

As she wont be carrying anything that's assembled with juice its technically just a battery really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Trond wrote: »
    I could be wrong but as far as im aware it using them that's illegal rather than being in possession of them.

As she wont be carrying anything that's assembled with juice its technically just a battery really.

That's what I'm thinking too. But if the worst was to happen ie she gets arrested or whatever I'd be killed by her whole family hahaha. I'll say to her if there are any issues in any country to just allow them dispose or confiscate them? Am I worrying for nothing here?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

That's what I'm thinking too. But if the worst was to happen ie she gets arrested or whatever I'd be killed by her whole family hahaha. I'll say to her if there are any issues in any country to just allow them dispose or confiscate them? Am I worrying for nothing here?

Are they illegal where she is or is travelling through? If so I'd say you're not worrying for nothing. I don't really think it'd be worth the risk assuming it's not that much cheaper than ordering from somewhere like fasttech or gearbest.

Are they illegal where she is or is travelling through? If so I'd say you're not worrying for nothing. I don't really think it'd be worth the risk assuming it's not that much cheaper than ordering from somewhere like fasttech or gearbest.

As far as I am aware it is frowned upon in Qatar not illegal but as she doesn't know anyone who vapes she has no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

So long as their is no Juice involved, theres no crime Committed, its just a battery box.

I'm living in Asia though , and TBH, theres really the only 2 places she is going to find stuff thats really working out any cheaper than ordering online.

One is directly is Shenzhen (where most devices are assembled) and even then you need to know exactly what and where you are looking to avoid getting stung with fakes / clones.

Second is the Philippines, where there is a huge Vape Market and custom Mods being made locally (not cheap!). However theres too many fakes of local mods being imported from China in the majority of retailers for the untrained eye to spot.

IMHO, you'll probably save pittance in the long term - or get short changed with some dodgy devices. Much as I hate to say it, it'll be hard to beat Fasttech's prices really :-S

I only trust batteries from very VERY few stores.

• Advertisement

was.deevey wrote: »
    So long as their is no Juice involved, theres no crime Committed, its just a battery box.

I'm living in Asia though , and TBH, theres really the only 2 places she is going to find stuff thats really working out any cheaper than ordering online.

One is directly is Shenzhen (where most devices are assembled) and even then you need to know exactly what and where you are looking to avoid getting stung with fakes / clones.

Second is the Philippines, where there is a huge Vape Market and custom Mods being made locally (not cheap!). However theres too many fakes of local mods being imported from China in the majority of retailers for the untrained eye to spot.

IMHO, you'll probably save pittance in the long term - or get short changed with some dodgy devices. Much as I hate to say it, it'll be hard to beat Fasttech's prices really :-S

What kind of "Stuff" are you after.

No juice at all, it was more a case of her wanting to get me a gift and me not needing anything, so just a few bits and pieces of gear i would like, if she cant get it then it doesnt matter at all at all

Advertisement