Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iStick 40W

• 25-07-2015 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Thinking of getting the iStick 40W and going down the temperature control route.

Has anyone gone down this route and is it worth it?? Do you get longer out of your coils, do you get better flavour and stuff like that.

Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

AV8IRL wrote: »
    Thinking of getting the iStick 40W and going down the temperature control route.

Has anyone gone down this route and is it worth it?? Do you get longer out of your coils, do you get better flavour and stuff like that.

Any feedback would be gratefully appreciated.

I have 7 TC mods,all being used with Nickel & Titanium,certain TC mods will only work with Nickel & a few TC mods work with Nickel & Titanium,but all TC mods work with Kanthal.
    Regarding the taste & flavour with Nic or Tit,I find no difference at the moment,I have used these coils with about 10 different flavours on the same coil,I find that Titanium coils don't use as much liquid as the Nickel,maybe depends on what juice I use,all my juices are 80VG & no wicking problems.Today I was vaping away on a subtank with a Nickel coil & didn't realize I had emptied the tank completely,if I was using a Kanthal coil at 30w I would have got a massive dry hit,but with the Nickel,I noticed the vapour & taste had diminished,I knew then that I had run out of juice.
    My main use for TC is not to get dry hits as I use them with RDA's.
    I would recommend buying a TC mods,even if you use it for Kanthal builds only,TC will always be there if you wanted it at a later stage,the price difference is very small or cheaper sometimes,look at the istick 40w TC,47 euros here in Ireland,I paid 28 euros at Fasttech.
    Hope this explains the purpose of TC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Excellent explanation there was wondering about it myself, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AV8IRL

I have 7 TC mods,all being used with Nickel & Titanium,certain TC mods will only work with Nickel & a few TC mods work with Nickel & Titanium,but all TC mods work with Kanthal.
    Regarding the taste & flavour with Nic or Tit,I find no difference at the moment,I have used these coils with about 10 different flavours on the same coil,I find that Titanium coils don't use as much liquid as the Nickel,maybe depends on what juice I use,all my juices are 80VG & no wicking problems.Today I was vaping away on a subtank with a Nickel coil & didn't realize I had emptied the tank completely,if I was using a Kanthal coil at 30w I would have got a massive dry hit,but with the Nickel,I noticed the vapour & taste had diminished,I knew then that I had run out of juice.
    My main use for TC is not to get dry hits as I use them with RDA's.
    I would recommend buying a TC mods,even if you use it for Kanthal builds only,TC will always be there if you wanted it at a later stage,the price difference is very small or cheaper sometimes,look at the istick 40w TC,47 euros here in Ireland,I paid 28 euros at Fasttech.
    Hope this explains the purpose of TC.

Thanks, that explains a lot. I think I will be making the investment soon. I think it will be the way forward with vaping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Picked up this little beauty at my local Vapourpal earlier.

LjexlyY.jpg?1

Sorry about the huge pic, fixed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

I've been considering getting the same setup - what's the GS tank like ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    I've been considering getting the same setup - what's the GS tank like ?

It's ok so far, still figuring out what temp to set it at.

Pretty good mouth to lung at 500F with one air hole open. It gets pretty hot after a few vapes.

I got my Istick TC 40w today & it's working like a charm,not sure what atty I will use on a daily basis yet.
    I did see some videos today reviewing the GS Air with nickel coils & they were giving a bad report on the coils,the wicking was terrible & hardly any vapor,so don't waste your money buying alot of Ni Coils,try one & let me know:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AV8IRL

I got my Istick TC 40w today & it's working like a charm,not sure what atty I will use on a daily basis yet.
    I did see some videos today reviewing the GS Air with nickel coils & they were giving a bad report on the coils,the wicking was terrible & hardly any vapor,so don't waste your money buying alot of Ni Coils,try one & let me know:D

I'd be interested to know how long you get out of the 40w. I have the iStick 50w and only charge it every 3 days. If I was getting the full day out of it then I would have no worries.

I currently use the nautilus mini tank and I seen you can get tc coils for it so might be worth looking at it.

AV8IRL wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know how long you get out of the 40w. I have the iStick 50w and only charge it every 3 days. If I was getting the full day out of it then I would have no worries.

I currently use the nautilus mini tank and I seen you can get tc coils for it so might be worth looking at it.

I use about 50 ish different type mods & atty's during the day,so I am not the best one to ask about how long a charge will last,all my mods last at least 3 or 4 weeks & more without charging.
    But regarding the Nickel coil for the Nautilus,I have one & I will try it out today & let you know what I think.

I use about 50 ish different type mods & atty's during the day,so I am not the best one to ask about how long a charge will last,all my mods last at least 3 or 4 weeks & more without charging.
    But regarding the Nickel coil for the Nautilus,I have one & I will try it out today & let you know what I think.

I purposely vaped the Nautilus with the Nickel coil all day & no difference in taste compared to a Kanthal coil,I did find the airflow was alot better on the biggest airhole.
    When do we get a burn taste from a Nautilus,probably once or twice,is it worth using a TC mod for that,on the other hand,the battery would last longer with those coils,so I heard & then again,I see in the BestShop that the istick 40w TC is only €42 & discount off that,a very good price for a 40w & the temp could come later.
    The TC mods shine with RDA's & RTA's,RDA's always run out of juice = burn taste,an RTA with bad wicking which happens alot on a good few of them,a burn taste again,so the istick 40w is a great deal for them.
    Hope this helps to make your mind up....Good Luck

• Advertisement
Advertisement