Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cloud house vapor

• 12-07-2015 1:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Looking at ordering their sample pack, really great price for the size of the bottles. Anyone got any good/bad comments about them that I should be aware of? Anything regarding delivery/customer service/quality?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Not sure if this is possible with sample packs,I would add extra flavour shots,some of their liquids can be a bit weak in taste IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

They do give that option, I'll get some of those thanks for the tip! Really like how you can customise your order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

nkav86 wrote: »
    They do give that option, I'll get some of those thanks for the tip! Really like how you can customise your order

The downside of that is that most of the stuff you buy will have had no steeping at all, so for custard flavours and others that require a lot of steeping you'll have to do the 3-8 week steep yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

Looking at ordering their sample pack, really great price for the size of the bottles. Anyone got any good/bad comments about them that I should be aware of? Anything regarding delivery/customer service/quality?

I've gotten 2 sample packs off them

Love the site, the choice & the price.

Delivery took nearly a week, and you'll have to steep the liquid (oh, and get flavour shots too!)

Their customer service is very good.

Damn I've never had to steep liquid before I'm sure it'll be a learning experience! But thanks for letting me know, I would have thought the liquid was just dodgy!

• Advertisement

Damn I've never had to steep liquid before I'm sure it'll be a learning experience! But thanks for letting me know, I would have thought the liquid was just dodgy!

Get yourself an RDA & you will be able to try out your liquids before steeping instead of using a tank & stock coil.

On the 27th May I mixed some 15% Banana Nut Bread & Cream Pie,last night I tried the BNB & it was just like their pre-made,well happy,not sure what the nic is,I used that 12mg mixed base from Germany.

I also mixed T-Juice Jack the Ripple & it was pure Schite & Vamp Vape is not too far behind it,no more T-Juice for me.

Got to get more MBV Concentrates,any recommendations,not keen on heavy Menthol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

On the 27th May I mixed some 15% Banana Nut Bread & Cream Pie,last night I tried the BNB & it was just like their pre-made,well happy,not sure what the nic is,I used that 12mg mixed base from Germany.

I also mixed T-Juice Jack the Ripple & it was pure Schite & Vamp Vape is not too far behind it,no more T-Juice for me.

Got to get more MBV Concentrates,any recommendations,not keen on heavy Menthol.

Just out of curiosity what % did you mix them at?

I think Jack the Ripple is best at about 15% (for a 50/50 PG/VG mix).

Trond wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity what % did you mix them at?

I think Jack the Ripple is best at about 15% (for a 50/50 PG/VG mix).

It was 15% because I remember on their site or was it on the bottle,I also used their nic/vg/pg,maybe it wasn't my taste,I had it in a GS Air but it just tasted rotten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

It was 15% because I remember on their site or was it on the bottle,I also used their nic/vg/pg,maybe it wasn't my taste,I had it in a GS Air but it just tasted rotten.

I don't mind it myself although its a nightmare to get the taste out of tank afterwards....

I mixed a batch at 20% as well. After an 8 weeks steep it turned into possibly the strongest smelling ejuice I've ever encountered! Gave that bottle away!

• Advertisement

I didn't love Jack the Ripple, the peppermint was too strong and I preferred the slightly similar Black n Blue. Love Vamp Vape though! It's been my ADV for a few months now.

Trond wrote: »
    I don't mind it myself although its a nightmare to get the taste out of tank afterwards....

Yeah you're not wrong! I couldn't even get the smell out of a graduated cylinder it spent 30 seconds in! You could probably mix it at 10% and be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭thevaper

been waiting on an order from CHV since 3rd july. tracking on colissimo has'nt
    updated since 6th july.
    i'ved been in regular contact with CHV about this, i cant speak french so have'nt contacted colissimo,
    but i seem to be getting the runaround from CHV, saying a strike in Calais is holding up my order
    putting a question out has anyone recieved an order from CHV since 3rd july as i cant find any info about this strike?
    my brother works in transport and he says that evrything is running normal over there.

thevaper wrote: »
    been waiting on an order from CHV since 3rd july. tracking on colissimo has'nt
    updated since 6th july.
    i'ved been in regular contact with CHV about this, i cant speak french so have'nt contacted colissimo,
    but i seem to be getting the runaround from CHV, saying a strike in Calais is holding up my order
    putting a question out has anyone recieved an order from CHV since 3rd july as i cant find any info about this strike?
    my brother works in transport and he says that evrything is running normal over there.

I know there has been alot of trouble going on with strikes.

I know there has been alot of trouble going on with strikes.

maybe CLOUDHOUSE - SLOWTECH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

No, France is in upheaval at the moment, be patient.
    Even the strikers are on strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

thevaper wrote:
    been waiting on an order from CHV since 3rd july. tracking on colissimo has'nt updated since 6th july. i'ved been in regular contact with CHV about this, i cant speak french so have'nt contacted colissimo, but i seem to be getting the runaround from CHV, saying a strike in Calais is holding up my order putting a question out has anyone recieved an order from CHV since 3rd july as i cant find any info about this strike? my brother works in transport and he says that evrything is running normal over there.

I made an order on 2nd, despatched on 3rd and I had it three days ago. That was with standard free delivery.

Even if it goes on land via UK, royal mail is only reporting a 9 hour delay over the channel.

moleyv wrote: »
    I made an order on 2nd, despatched on 3rd and I had it three days ago. That was with standard free delivery.

Even if it goes on land via UK, royal mail is only reporting a 9 hour delay over the channel.

my order qualified for free shipping but i paid the extra for fast shipping

thevaper wrote:
    my order qualified for free shipping but i paid the extra for fast shipping

Was yours despatched on the 3rd? Or ordered?

If both despatched on the 3rd you should clearly have yours before me.

Collissimo is just a faster service of the state post system right?

Was yours despatched on the 3rd? Or ordered?

If both despatched on the 3rd you should clearly have yours before me.

Collissimo is just a faster service of the state post system right?

mine was dispatched on the 3rd, Colissimo tracking has'nt updated since the 6th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I ordered a 5ml sample pack of MBV from them and put in an extra shot. Does that mean I have to steep? And if so, how do you steep? Never did it before.

Just received my CHV package, ordered on the 5th. Got a free 20ml of premade hawk sauce with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭emmisaro

jakdublin wrote: »
    I ordered a 5ml sample pack of MBV from them and put in an extra shot. Does that mean I have to steep? And if so, how do you steep? Never did it before.

I think most of them need to be steeped. Just take the tops off the bottle shake them leave them to stand until the air bubbles go out. Put the top back on and store them in a dark place. Do this everyday. Sometimes for a few weeks :( that's what I do anyway. Someone here might know better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Product opportunity for someone here:

A box/tray with a vibrating motor and a timer to shake the juice bottles once or twice a day.

I see real labs have tools like this but something low cost and non-industrial looking for vapers would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Do what I do, use a 7 euro milk frother from argos
    8mm wrote: »

A box/tray with a vibrating motor and a timer to shake the juice bottles once or twice a day.

I see real labs have tools like this but something low cost and non-industrial looking for vapers would be nice.

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Do what I do, use a 7 euro milk frother from argos

Most times I use a frother as well but I mostly use the dryer for a couple of minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Ordered on the 2'nd and still no package :(

I think mine is on the wrong side of the burning tires lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzowM0BYC5U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭flounder

8mm wrote:

8mm wrote:

8mm wrote:

Looking at getting into mixing myself. I wouldn't have the patience to keep shaking the bottle everyday.
    I'm a machinist so going to make my own centrifugal mixer.
    Probably same design as a windmill with 2 holders on the end of the arm to hold 30ml bottles.

flounder wrote: »
    Looking at getting into mixing myself. I wouldn't have the patience to keep shaking the bottle everyday.
    I'm a machinist so going to make my own centrifugal mixer.
    Probably same design as a windmill with 2 holders on the end of the arm to hold 30ml bottles.

Heard about putting juices in a slow cooker to speed up the process. Has anyone tried this

• Advertisement

So many unknowns and potential myths when it comes to this stuff.

Is the steeping process to improve mixing or to aerate the liquid or both. I can imagine getting oxygen to bind to flavor elements would improve the taste profile. Sure the food/drink industry has been dealing with this for eons and there is probably a science to it - must add that to my ever ending list of things to read up on.
    emmisaro wrote: »
    Heard about putting juices in a slow cooker to speed up the process. Has anyone tried this

Adding heat into the mix may affect things chemically in that you end up with new complex molecules that were unintended rather then just mix/aerate.

8mm wrote: »
    So many unknowns and potential myths when it comes to this stuff.

Is the steeping process to improve mixing or to aerate the liquid or both. I can imagine getting oxygen to bind to flavor elements would improve the taste profile. Sure the food/drink industry has been dealing with this for eons and there is probably a science to it - must add that to my ever ending list of things to read up on.

Adding heat into the mix may affect things chemically in that you end up with new complex molecules that were unintended rather then just mix/aerate.

In my chemistry knowledge adding heat to a process speeds up the rate of the process but shouldn't change the end effect. In chemistry lab you use heat to bring on the rate of reaction but you still get the same final product??

Lol we're such geeks ;)

As to heat I keep thinking of reports on the vapor produced via an atomizer containing various chemicals that are not in the juice. Of course the devil is in the amount of heat applied. Heat causes electrons to excite and for their potential to jump and bonds to form/break.

I may be getting out of my depth and thread hijacking a tad ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I haven't tried the slow cooker and don't think I will either but I have filled a basin with hot water from the tap and dumped the bottles of VG in there for 10-15 minutes to make it a bit runnier in the belief that it would mix with the flavouring easier/quicker

I have a jewelery cleaner for cleaning attys.
    I guess in theory its just a vibrating plate, so it should be a useful tool for mixing juices.
    You could even put in warm water to heat the mixtures as they...er...mix.

Any recommendations for percentages of concentrate to use with MBV? I have quite a range that I'll list here in case it varies by flavour.

Thug Juice (weird name btw)
    Coconut cream pie
    Cookies and cream
    Cinnamon roll
    Moo juice
    Rainbow roundies

Thanks for any help!

• Advertisement

Didihno wrote: »
    I have a jewelery cleaner for cleaning attys.
    I guess in theory its just a vibrating plate, so it should be a useful tool for mixing juices.
    You could even put in warm water to heat the mixtures as they...er...mix.

Where would I get one of those didihno :)

Was in contact with Cloud House Vapor just making enquiries about discount codes, they gave me this,

"cloudhousevapor" for 10% off of hardware and juice

If anyone is interested!

Was in contact with Cloud House Vapor just making enquiries about discount codes, they gave me this,

"cloudhousevapor" for 10% off of hardware and juice

If anyone is interested!

I think 'pov15' gets you 15%. It did uo until yesterday anway :)

emmisaro wrote:
    I think 'pov15' gets you 15%. It did uo until yesterday anway

Even better, nice one!

emmisaro wrote: »
    Where would I get one of those didihno :)
    Argos
    I'm sure you can find cheaper with a little google-fu.

• Advertisement

Didihno wrote: »
    Argos
    I'm sure you can find cheaper with a little google-fu.

Great thanks I'll have a look :)

17 working day's and my chv package still has not been delivered, when should i be getting really worried and doing something about it :confused:

I have a feeling there is some frenchy flaunting his new Coolfire4 and bragging how good this MBV tastes all at my expense :mad:

LazyPicti wrote: »
    17 working day's and my chv package still has not been delivered, when should i be getting really worried and doing something about it :confused:

I have a feeling there is some frenchy flaunting his new Coolfire4 and bragging how good this MBV tastes all at my expense :mad:

I feel you pain.
    It took over 3 weeks for mine, that strike in Calais is playing havoc with deliveries from CHV.
    I pestered CHV with emails,but they are at the mercy of our Gallic cousins

thevaper wrote: »
    I feel you pain.
    It took over 3 weeks for mine, that strike in Calais is playing havoc with deliveries from CHV.
    I pestered CHV with emails,but they are at the mercy of our Gallic cousins

Good to know you eventually got yours, there is still hope for me :)

It's only been 17 working days but I'm used to next day delivery in Ireland and 4-5 days from UK, think i need to just calm down and stop chasing the postman like a dog :).

Well at least my juice is getting steeped :rolleyes:

In my last order I got a 100ml MBV bottle, I've been steeping it for a month and the flavour is very weak still.

I had three flavour shots too. And its only 60pg.

I think I might stick to the smaller bottles.

Anyone else experience the same?

In my last order I got a 100ml MBV bottle, I've been steeping it for a month and the flavour is very weak still.

I had three flavour shots too. And its only 60pg.

I think I might stick to the smaller bottles.

Anyone else experience the same?

3 flavour shots, flavouring ny DIY at 30%, Steeping for weeks, they've all produced very weak concoctions. I'm disappointed because I really wanted to like MBV because of the price and huge collection of delicious sounding liquids but it's not to be for me. They price very low but you have to use so much concentrate but not only that, using so much flavour throws off your VG/PG/Nic blend when using a premade base. Not worth it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I've experienced similar and agree with the above, It can't be that hard for them to get the right mix.
    When ever I get an order from cloudhousevapor the best juice I get is the free random 20ml bottle that they through in.
    Clearly they know the perfect ratio for each juice, I'd prefer not to have the option of a flavour shot and just go with that instead.

I always get a free bottle, and it is always the same ratio, strength and flavour shots of my main order. 60:40 3mg 3 flavour shots.

To be fair I normally always get 30ml bottles and after 2-3 weeks they are great. My only issue was this 100ml bottle, and come to think of it, its actually been 2 months, so its as good as a write off for me.

I find their coval range top quality, but I prefer more basic flavours, something most premium brands don't do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I always get a free bottle, and it is always the same ratio, strength and flavour shots of my main order. 60:40 3mg 3 flavour shots.

To be fair I normally always get 30ml bottles and after 2-3 weeks they are great. My only issue was this 100ml bottle, and come to think of it, its actually been 2 months, so its as good as a write off for me.

I find their coval range top quality, but I prefer more basic flavours, something most premium brands don't do.

Would it be worth picking up a small bottle of the same concentrate as your 100ml bottle the next time you're putting in an order, it might fix it for you.

11214 wrote:
    Would it be worth picking up a small bottle of the same concentrate as your 100ml bottle the next time you're putting in an order, it might fix it for you.

That's a good idea.

I was thinking of just avoiding them and trying a new vendor. But a few of their juices are very nice for my tastes so I wouldn't mind ordering more of them.

I'll have to start looking up mix ratios to see how much to use, thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement