Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster v Connacht, Ravenhill KO 7:05pm, BBC2 NI

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Jesus that was class. If BOD did that we'd all be creaming ourselves. Outragous bit of skill, although probably a pinch of luck. Could've gone to a Connacht hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

.ak wrote: »
    Jesus that was class. If BOD did that we'd all be creaming ourselves. Outragous bit of skill, although probably a pinch of luck. Could've gone to a Connacht hand.

He did ! I think it's a carbon copy of the first try we scored against Italy in the six nations! Same move

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Absolutely. It was beautiful. Seeing that made me really start to think about Bowe as a real option at 13. He'd need to play there for Ulster though as he cannot just do it as a once in a while role for Ireland and be expected to have his defensive positioning up to the necessary standard.

Just caught the highlights there. Jeez that 2nd Marshall try should never happen in a professional game. But the Connacht tries were lovely. Henshaw's assist for the first one in particular was class.

He did ! I think it's a carbon copy of the first try we scored against Italy in the six nations! Same move

Yep pretty much.

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just caught the highlights there. Jeez that 2nd Marshall try should never happen in a professional game. But the Connacht tries were lovely. Henshaw's assist for the first one in particular was class.

The try from the quick lineout?

It shouldn't have stood anyway, it was thrown forward. Referee let it go because "it was thrown toward the Connacht side so no advantage".

Yea, I know... :confused:

awec wrote: »
    The try from the quick lineout?

It shouldn't have stood anyway, it was thrown forward. Referee let it go because "it was thrown toward the Connacht side so no advantage".

Yea, I know... :confused:

Really? Looked to me it was straight down the 10m line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Schoolboy error from Connacht , but when the ref says it wasn't straight " thrown towards Connacht " yet still allows it you know your goose is cooked.

• Administrators Posts: 54,091 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

A bit forward, the referee knew it went forward too but decided that was ok because it went toward Connacht's side. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

awec wrote: »
    A bit forward, the referee knew it went forward too but decided that was ok because it went toward Connacht's side. :pac:

Just shows the standard of refereeing in the Rabo. Ulster clearly deserved the win and bonus point, but a nil penalty count in favour of Ulster was a bit of a joke, not to mention the above forward lineout...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Hensahw's been on fire since the 6 nations camp, been great all year but seems to have an extra bit of confidence lately, McShaz, Henshaw and Aki are going to be some centre combinations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Sounds to me like a niche rule that the ref knew that most of us didn't

Grimebox wrote: »

By 'niche' you mean 'made up' then I suppose that makes sense.

But he was wrong! A niche rule the ref thought he knew...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I'm not one to go flipping through the rule book but the ref really sounded like he knew what he was talking about. So he was completely wrong yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

I'm not one to go flipping through the rule book but the ref really sounded like he knew what he was talking about. So he was completely wrong yeah?

If a lineout is thrown crooked to advantage of opposition team - ref may play "advantage" if opposition win the lineout- but sure there was no advan to us so should have been called back

See this post from earlier in the thread:

S12b wrote: »
    19.2(e)
    At a quick throw-in, if the player throws the ball in the direction of the opposition’s goal line or if the ball does not travel at least 5 metres to the 5-metre line along or behind the line of touch before it touches the ground or a player, or if the player steps into the field of play when the ball is thrown, then the quick throw-in is disallowed.

Now I'm not posting this as an aggrieved Connacht fan, defensively we have been destroyed tonight.

The post is more to highlight the poor standard of reffing. Both the ref and TMO are clearly totally unaware of the specific rule they were to apply to the situation. To make it even worse the justification they used to award the try is the actual reason it should have been disallowed....how can they possibly get to ref professional games when they clearly don't know the rules of the game??

Advertisement