Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firstrowsports.eu Virus?

Options
  • 23-03-2014 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

After watching a match on firstrowsports.eu I noticed that I was unable to connect to certain websites; bbc, cnn, rte, utorrent.com to name a few. I have Security Essentials installed. So I scanned the machine with that, then combofix and malwarebytes. Still couldn't shift it so had to get professional help, which worked. That was two weeks ago. I've subsequently noticed that malwarebytes prevents access to firstrowsports.eu.

To test my hypothesis that the afore mentioned site is dirty I accessed it today from the junk laptop and was infected with the same. Only difference this time was that malwarebytes succeeded in eliminating the problem. Has anybody else had the same experience?

I don't exactly want to call out that site as guilty of installing whatever it was that buggered my machine initially but the dots join up pretty well.

Edit-It seems I'm not the first. Since found confirmation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gav_96

I'm going to say its not the site itself its the ads on the site, I use the site itself a good bit and Have not got one complaint bar the ads which can be solved with a simple ad blocker.

The site itself is blocked on ISP level by lots of ISP in the UK and some here in Ireland because of what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 grotmaster

Excellent advice regarding ad blocking, I like the element hiding functionality aspect of it too. I use Firefox with Adblock Plus. On the other hand, I've spoken to others who don't have the same site-blocking issues as I and frequently visit that site. Maybe it's something with Security Essentials?

Advertisement