Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Traffic on Twitter 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

ILikeBoats wrote:
    What kind of car is that (the one that did 193kmh) ?

Looks like seat lights to me but the photo is terrible with regards determining what car it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Looks like a felted up Golf to me, hard to be sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

ianob7 wrote: »
    Looks like seat lights to me but the photo is terrible with regards determining what car it is

It's about 120 mph in old money. Any 2.0 diesel would be well capable of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭flazio

pablo128 wrote: »
    It's about 120 mph in old money. Any 2.0 diesel would be well capable of it.

Speaking from experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Mr Snow

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    Speaking from experience?

My 01 Avensis d4d could do a sat nav verified 200kph. A more modern car would have more power surely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    What kind of car is that (the one that did 193kmh) ?
    ianob7 wrote: »
    tossy wrote: »
    Looks like a felted up Golf to me, hard to be sure though.

I have spent the last 5 minutes trying to figure out what it was, and I thought I had it nailed down... and then I realised I was looking at the pickup truck :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Confident it's some kind of mk5 Golf, all we can be sure of is that it's not the 1.4 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

TDi weapon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bazz26 wrote: »
    TDi weapon...

It probably coos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Driver's grasping at straw there.... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

h3000 wrote: »

The belly on the Gard. I think even I would stand a good chance at getting away from him in a foot chase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭Oops!

h3000 wrote: »

Yellow plate. Keeps horses a long way from home

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Reports today of AGS performing stop'n'search on N11 and presumably other major roads, asking drivers to justify their journey

WTF?? a family in a car with the windows rolled up going for a scenic drive isn't interacting with anyone

I was going to go for a spin on my motorbike today, I buy petrol at the local Maxol "pay at pump", there would be no interaction with anyone, ironically unless a guard stopped me!

I think this is over the top. The vehicle is an extension of the home, provided nobody outside the family unit interacts with those within there is no issue.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Reports today of AGS performing stop'n'search on N11 and presumably other major roads, asking drivers to justify their journey

WTF?? a family in a car with the windows rolled up going for a scenic drive isn't interacting with anyone

I was going to go for a spin on my motorbike today, I buy petrol at the local Maxol "pay at pump", no interaction with anyone, ironically unless a guard stopped me!

I think this is over the top. The vehicle is an extension of the home, provided nobody ioutside the family unit interacts with it there is no issue.

For every family posing zero risk, there are 20 moron families. The idea of everyone staying at home means anyone not doing so stands out.

People whinge when they do nothing, people whinge when they do something. People just whinge.

I was going to go for a spin on my motorbike today, I buy petrol at the local Maxol "pay at pump", no interaction with anyone, ironically unless a guard stopped me!

I think this is over the top. The vehicle is an extension of the home, provided nobody ioutside the family unit interacts with it there is no issue.

But then if everyone done it like they were there is more risk, breakdown, crashes, injuries that will over run the hospital and it's just best to lower all risks for now.....

People were driving to all the hot spots and going for walks, this way it's much easier to police....

Thank the stars it ain't like Italy or Spain.... Could still happen then you won't be outside you front door at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,320 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Woosh...

Mr Snow wrote: »

Shoutin'... larger larger larger larger mega mega white thing mega mega white thing shoutin' larger larger larger larger :)

Scrap the cap!

:rolleyes:

Quality contribution there.

How is a family in a closed car, or a lone motorcyclist, spreading anything?

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

they're not, but if we allow that as an excuse then whats the point, sure that might be whats said and in 10% of cases true, but the rest will be visiting relatives, going to go have an ice cream on howth pier or some other craic that they shouldnt be doing. I would be amazed if any family is actually taking a journey in which they at no point leave the car. You can't go anywhere with kids without stopping for a piss or food or something else they shouldnt be doing.

If one family in a car is allowed out, then all families who have a car are allowed out. The same with motorcyclists. Rendering the whole thing pointless.

Fúck this bollix, I'm out for a spin tomorrow ;)

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Stay within 2kms of your home. That's the current recommendation. It leaves breakdown and emergency services response freed up for essential front line workers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Quality contribution there ;)

Your country thaanks you for your're service

Stay within 2kms of your home. That's the current recommendation. It leaves breakdown and emergency services response freed up for essential front line workers.

2km is for people exercising.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Hopefully the new 2,500 fine or 6 months in prison will be enforced for those that don't have a genuine reason for being out over the next 2 weeks. Should be a complete zero tolerance approach to this....(Esp as people are not listening or complying)

The health system is under enormous pressure & we should each be doing our bit to help.
    (By staying at home you reduce your chance of accident & adding pressure to 999 services)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

My motorcycles do not break down! How very dare you!

One did fail to proceed on an occasion, however :o

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

colm_mcm wrote: »

Some read that as ‘exercising their right to be a tool because they can’t manage without a drive even though they’ve nowhere to go and sure yeah I know what we’ve been asked to do but I’m doing no harm really’.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »

And 0km is for people just “going for a spin”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

The country is on lockdown and only essential journeys permitted and being enforced by the AGS. The probability that you get stopped or or selected on their system is massive these days, yet some head off driving under the influence, driving while banned, drive without insurance or all of the above. Is it a special type of stupid that these were born with or just developed?

Amount of loonies driving around the city at speed and taking illegal turns is mad, Gaurds are around and have yet to see them pull anyone for bad driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

Gaurds are around and have yet to see them pull anyone for bad driving.

Have the guards witnessed this type of driving?

keano25 wrote: »
    Have the guards witnessed this type of driving?

Well I've seen it, then also seen the Garda vehicles at the junctions this has been done at.

Not saying they leave them all but any I've witnessed as the driving standards are quite poor.

Seeing lots racing around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭keano25

Well I've seen it, then also seen the Garda vehicles at the junctions this has been done at.

Not saying they leave them all but any I've witnessed as the driving standards are quite poor.

Seeing lots racing around.

But has the guards witnessed what your talking about?

I doubt they're turning a blind eye to traffic offences.

keano25 wrote: »
    But has the guards witnessed what your talking about?

I doubt they're turning a blind eye to traffic offences.

How could they not see it if the vehicle does it right in front of them.... Of course some aren't watching, they're too busy on their phones....

I'd love to video or take pics bus as I'm driving a bus throughout the city I wouldn't get away with it...

I've seen cars take turns at no left or right turns in front of them, yesterday on my last run on O'Connell bridge a scenic turned onto Eden Quay from the far left lane through a red and the Gaurds continued on their turn onto D'olier st

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement