Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Vegan and Vegetarian Forum Picnic, Saturday 25th of July*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

jape wrote: »
    I don't think I can make 2pm but if yas are doin anythin afterwards like drinks/etc then gimme a shout, Tar.Aldarion can you PM me your number too thanks

Yes, haven't got around to PMing anybody yet, may as well now. What time might you be avail? Will you just be sleeping? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

Yes, haven't got around to PMing anybody yet, may as well now. What time might you be avail? Will you just be sleeping? :D

yeah lol, I'm up early all week and usually get f00kered on friday nights so saturday = catchup ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yeah lol, I'm up early all week and usually get f00kered on friday nights so saturday = catchup ;)

Ok, just trying to write all the names I'm PMing atm, text me to let me know when you are coming and I will tell you where we are! Up outta bed ya lazy...! You got drinkin' to do.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I think I'll have to sit this one out actually... Sorry for saying I would go and then not going :(

raah! wrote: »
    I think I'll have to sit this one out actually... Sorry for saying I would go and then not going :(

It's ok, you'll just change your mind again and go haha.

No worries if not. There are 4 other cork people for whatever one you want to go to, so you can arrange somehting with them, one day, mebbe.,

• Advertisement

Aye, plus I'll be back in dublin soon too, so it will be easier for me to attend then aswell. I'll probably have more money and all that then too. Thing is I was in dublin with my cousin from malaysia like last week, and normally I get the train which costs 46 smacks.

raah! wrote: »
    Aye, plus I'll be back in dublin soon too, so it will be easier for me to attend then aswell. I'll probably have more money and all that then too. Thing is I was in dublin with my cousin from malaysia like last week, and normally I get the train which costs 46 smacks.

Gotta get the bus like me, less than half the price! And I generally sleep on the back seat.

Would make alot of sense alright, I have a great distaste for buses though. But there are other factors anyway, I'll certainly be along to some subsequent vegetable fests.

Ye cool, don't like the bus myself, love the train, but my pocket knows best.

PM sent, that took ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I'm joining the Cornucopia group :) garlic potato salad and an oat bar :D

How are we going to recognise each other? How ye manage for the last meet?

• Advertisement

Oh whoops, was asking 5 of my veggie/vegan pals in Dublin to go there and they are all coming to sligo to camp on a mountain for a big huge weekend long party we have every year, and I forgot about my invitation!

Camping or veggie camping or veggie! Suppose I'll show up to this as I is organiser, stupid me.

Aoifums wrote: »
    I'm joining the Cornucopia group :) garlic potato salad and an oat bar :D

How are we going to recognise each other? How ye manage for the last meet?

I like the sound of your meal actually Aoifums! Well you have my number now, or should, and I amde that thread with the pictures to help people recognise each other.

Last time we met outside stephens green, I walked out covered in grass and figured it was the huddle of pale girls. :pac:

My standard meal. Two things they always sell.

Didn't think of the picture thread... Jesus I'm smart these days.

Do I want to know why you were covered in grass :P;)

My standard meal. Two things they always sell.

Didn't think of the picture thread... Jesus I'm smart these days.

Do I want to know why you were covered in grass :P;)

Unfortunately it was from just lying down reading a book, exciting!

Anyway you might recognise one or two of us from the thread, and if not gimme a buzz.

Can't believe I forgot I promised to go to that party, aghhhh. Probably be more veggies there than at this. :D

Hopefully I will :)

Right, I know nothing about drink/pubs and the like, so would I actually be allowed in?

Hopefully I will :)

Right, I know nothing about drink/pubs and the like, so would I actually be allowed in?

Ah yes, you are under 18 then? Hmm, I think you are allowed in a pub until 9pm drinking miwadis and things in Ireland, I am not sure atm, I'll have to look it up.

edit:
    Visitors to Ireland often ask about pubs, and are there restrictions when travelling with children.

The answer is yes, there are restrictions.

Children under the age of 15 cannot enter a bar of a licensed premises if they are not with a parent or guardian.

Children aged 15 and over, but under 18, are allowed in the bar of a licensed premises unaccompanied.

Unaccompanied children aged 15 to 17 and accompanied children under 15 may remain in the bar of a licensed premises between the hours of 10:30am (12:30pm on a Sunday) and 9:00pm.

From 1 May to 30 September each year the until time changes to 10:00pm.

However, unaccompanied children aged from 15 to 17 and accompanied children under 15 may stay in the bar of the premises after 9:00pm (and after 10:00pm during the period from 1 May to 30 September each year) if they are attending a private function at which a substantial meal is served.

Where the licence-holder feels that a child's presence in the bar could reasonably be regarded as harmful to a child's health, safety or welfare, then such a child is not allowed in the bar of that licensed premises, even if accompanied by a parent or guardian.

Seems you are grand.

Thanks :) If we were in England I could drink once I bought food. Don't think it works the same way here though :(

Edit: Cheers. So lets not go to somewhere with an off licsence.

I put in a quote above in case you dudn't see. No I don't think you are allowed a drink here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Ok, just trying to write all the names I'm PMing atm, text me to let me know when you are coming and I will tell you where we are!

I hope that means you will make sure you have credit!! ;)

I don't really have anyway to spend my 20e topup with meteor what with the free texts and never call anybody really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Gotta get the bus like me, less than half the price! And I generally sleep on the back seat.

Get your train tickets online. Much much cheaper than buying them in the station and much more comfy than the bus. :cool:

Get your train tickets online. Much much cheaper than buying them in the station and much more comfy than the bus. :cool:

I tryed to look at it online and they seem to charge me the same, 44 euro. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I MAY have a previous engagement on Sat evening that i forgot about (exam results celebration session in Meath) still need more details txt to me by a friend though so if i can show up, it sadly wont be for long:(

I MAY have a previous engagement on Sat evening that i forgot about (exam results celebration session in Meath) still need more details txt to me by a friend though so if i can show up, it sadly wont be for long:(

Oh well, at least eat some food ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Met Éireann say....
    Saturday looks like being the best of the weekend. Most areas will have a dry day with good spells of sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

Is there defo drinks after yea?

<3 drink :pac:

Is there defo drinks after yea?

<3 drink :pac:

Not a lot of people confirming yet, hope there is! Will have to see who shows up! Telll me people! the only peopel that have texted/PMed me are jsut saying they are working so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Not a lot of people confirming yet, hope there is! Will have to see who shows up! Telll me people! the only peopel that have texted/PMed me are jsut saying they are working so far.

i shud make it for bit of food but not drinkies :(

That is masterofnothing and you saying that, and jape saying just drinks and me for both and aoifums for both and sweet-rasmus for both and viggie-tea for one or both not sure.

Who else, come on ladies/lads? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

That is masterofnothing and you saying that,

suspicious no?

havnt decided what group to go with, id love govindas but havnt tried cornacopia, hmmm!

Advertisement