Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little things we are forgetting..?

Options
  • 24-08-2019 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I have the main things on the list: venue, clothes and accessories, DJ, cake, hair and makeup, invites, flowers, marriage fee, car hire.

What are the smaller things that need to be budgeted for?

I've added candles for the ceremony, and a fancy pen to sign with. Someone mentioned flowers for the mothers? Would never have thought of it.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's about a billion completely optional expenses - "favours" for the guests, gifts to the best man/maid of honour would be two common ones. Flowers for the mothers are not required either (well, nothing is required really!); its entirely down to what you want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

jesso22 wrote: »
    I have the main things on the list: venue, clothes and accessories, DJ, cake, hair and makeup, invites, flowers, marriage fee, car hire.

What are the smaller things that need to be budgeted for?

I've added candles for the ceremony, and a fancy pen to sign with. Someone mentioned flowers for the mothers? Would never have thought of it.

I presume a celebrant is on that list to? Band or just DJ?

We didn't bother with a fancy pen for the licence. Used what the celebrant had.

Bought one for the invites and ending up using an IRFU pen instead as easier to write with.

Asked the photographer did we need to add anything to the venue as she said no so didn't bother and went wth their advice.

Suits will have to be purchased or rented. Decide if just for the groom or for his best person too.

Candles as a Church ceremony?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Booklets at the ceremony,
    Decorations for gbe venue, if you want something other than candles

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

It's an endless list really.
    Wedding registration, pre marriage course.
    Dress, make up, hair, shoes, jewellery, testing sessions.
    Bridesmaids dresses, hair, make up, shoes, gifts.
    Grooms suit, shirts, ties, shoes, accessories, groomsmen/fathers suits etc. Gifts for groomsmen.
    Church/venue cost for ceremony, celebrant payment, flowers and decorations, mass music, photographer, videographer, wedding band, DJ, candle, car, gifts for mother's, favors, day 2 venue, day 2 food etc etc.
    It literally is endless.
    If you Google "wedding checklist Ireland" should give you a good few things to consider.

It can be as exhaustive or as simple as you dessie

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

OP, so long as you've got celebrant, your marriage registration, food, band, photographer and clothes sorted then everything else is little things, its not the end of the world if you forget them. Not to belittle your post...
    But there is a good list on a fb site called help im getting married (not sure if I'm actually allowed mention that here... Apologies if I'm not. )

• Advertisement
Advertisement