Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Just got an email this morning to say the Turkish 4K plan is rising to 41.99 instead of 39.99. An extra 2 Lira. This is unacceptable and no longer a bargain. Cancelled my account!!

* 2 lira is approx 31c and reaction above is sarcastic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

**slightly off topic, buy a similar theme**

Signed up for YouTube premium via vpn set to India.

When I send my invites out (family plan 2.50e pm) when I try and add members, it says something along the lines of the plan manager is in a different country and they're unable to join the plan.

Tried using a VPN (the same VPN I used to set it up) set to India, but nothing (on the invited persons phone) but no joy.

My Google account is set to UK (changed it in an attempt to get Deezer to work with my Google home) my son's Google play account is listed as Ireland.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the quick and easiest resolution to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I added family to my Google account years ago to share apps. They were able to use YouTube premium (India) as soon as I signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Can I cancel my Mexican account and when it runs out sign up in turkey and use the account details to log back into the old one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

paska wrote: »
    Can I cancel my Mexican account and when it runs out sign up in turkey and use the account details to log back into the old one?
    Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

just did a quick check and Turkey seems to be on par with Argentina for the 4 screen HD account , 6.38e and 6.41e

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Brazil premium account is getting a 21% price increase next month, is everywhere getting a hike?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

ShaneU wrote: »
    Brazil premium account is getting a 21% price increase next month, is everywhere getting a hike?

Mine is going up from 40TL to 42TL or 31cents

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Brian017 wrote: »
    Mine is going up from 40TL to 42TL or 31cents

Brazil going from R37.90 to R45.90

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I heard Turkey had started requiring a Turkish phone number?

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »

I think that is something to do with the credit card you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

Looks like on mine price went up 20% as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

errlloyd wrote: »

Has anyone either opened a new account or switched to turkey since this comment? Did you require a Turkish phone number

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

paska wrote: »
    Has anyone either opened a new account or switched to turkey since this comment? Did you require a Turkish phone number

I did, and I was unable to get past the phone number requirement using a vpn, but when I used tor browser and set it to have turkey as exit node it worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Does this work for Spotify too? or anything else apart from youtube?

bobbyg wrote: »

In case you don't realise it, YouTube premium will give you access to Google Play music.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

bromley52 wrote: »
    In case you don't realise it, YouTube premium will give you access to Google Play music.

I did not realise that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

bobbyg wrote: »

I've done this for Deezer family. Subscribed from Malaysia over a year ago. Less than€5 per month for family sub. Saving 10 every month. Only problem is all the playlists and top 10's or top 100 tracks are Malaysian. Just moved my playlists from Spotify using some website. It works better in my car. Spotify wouldn't let me shop when connected to car stereo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Bloody Netflix are after hiking the cost of the Turkish premium account to 42TL.

A massive 32cent price increase to €6.72 per mth :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

dodzy wrote: »
    Bloody Netflix are after hiking the cost of the Turkish premium account to 42TL.

A massive 32cent price increase to €6.72 per mth :cool:

Gotta cut back on those steak dinners so! :P

• Advertisement

Brian017 wrote: »
    Gotta cut back on those steak dinners so! :P
    Steak! You are so lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Just signed up to Netflix Turkey using Tor browser with exit node TR as mentioned above (thanks!). It does ask for a Turkish mobile number but this is just for password recovery I just ignored it as the subscription had already gone through on my Irish Mastercard no problem. Cost 42tl per month after free month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

I've just made the switch over to Turkey without any problems. Used my paid-for VPN to connect via a Turkish server, then disconnected when it asked for the mobile number verification. Before disconnecting, the field had been pre-filled with my existing (non-Turkish) mobile number and country flag, so I'm not sure it was strictly necessary, but I did it anyway (opening a second incognito window and pasting in the address of the mobile number verification page).

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

So should I bother about switching from Mexico to Turkey? I'm paying €7.97 for the mid level sub at the moment.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

unkel wrote: »
    So should I bother about switching from Mexico to Turkey? I'm paying €7.97 for the mid level sub at the moment.

Whereas we pay €6.20 - €6.75 for full 4K package in turkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

unkel wrote: »
    Do it, I switched from Mexico to Turkey a year ago. Despite price increases and some recent strengthening in TRY you're still looking at less than €5.00 per month for the exact same mid-level sub

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Do it, I just checked my bank I paid 4.49 for the middle option aswell I’m on the Turkish one over a year now.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Thanks lads, that adds up over the long term alright. Just checked and my VPN provider (Newshosting) does not have a Turkish server. I'll probably change them when the sub is up, I'll remember to pick a provider that does when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

unkel wrote:
    Thanks lads, that adds up over the long term alright. Just checked and my VPN provider (Newshosting) does not have a Turkish server. I'll probably change them when the sub is up, I'll remember to pick a provider that does when the time comes.

Just use on of the free providers. You only need it for sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Do it, I just checked my bank I paid 4.49 for the middle option aswell I’m on the Turkish one over a year now.

So how does someone switch country? I'm paying out of Canada at the moment. I've got friends and family on my sub though so don't any down time if possible.

Advertisement