Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you like to see a seagull cull?

Options
  • 04-07-2020 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

In my opinion, seagulls are a pest and must be eradicated. Maybe it's just me, but I feel they've become very aggressive of late.

Sometimes, I like going into St. Stephen's Green to feed the pigeons. It only takes me a few minutes to gain their trust and they eat out of my hand.

Today, I was in the park eating a roll. I was sharing with my feathery friends as I was eating it, throwing bits on the ground. I kept the last bit just for the pigeons and I managed to get one in my hand to eat.

A seagull suddenly swooped down and grazed my finger. The little bollocks.

I've seen them swoop at children before.

Seagulls were always more passive than I've seen them today, they've always been somewhat brazen but usually kept their distance moreso than pigeons. Lately the seem very aggressive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

We were in lockdown for three months. All those left over lunches people would throw at them, thrown leftover takeaways all over the place after a night out etc.

Guess they've become a little more ballsie?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Protected species as such what you suggest is illegal, see paragraph three in this link - http://www.wildlifemanagement.ie/seagulls/
    thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement