Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

for glue

Options
  • 04-07-2020 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

Thinking of playing a little practical joke on the man who owns the house that we are currently staying in. He has many fine furnishings, he has beautiful objects all over the house, paintings, kilims, precious vases etc. Anyway, I wanted to give him a bit of a surprise by maybe gluing a tumbler to the ceiling with just the right type and strength of adhesive so that it will fall and shatter on the terracotta floor tiles, preferably during the night, but in any case, a sufficient number of hours after we have departed.

So what type of glue should I use? Key points are that it should dry transparent and be strong enough to fix a tumbler to the ceiling but weak enough to finally let it slip and give him a shock.

Comments

Evidently you've been sniffing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Gorilla glue

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

why would you do that? What if it hit someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Because rereg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,092 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

A mix of lizard saliva and partridge egg whites would do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

I have a spot planned in the corner near an antique clock. No chance of it hitting anyone. But I like the idea of stupefying him with a mystery he can't solve. He'll hear the glass shattering, and be able to see the pieces, but he will not be able to make sense of what happened. This is a man who is very kind but has acquired all the finer things in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I wanted to give him a bit of a surprise by maybe gluing a tumbler to the ceiling with just the right type and strength of adhesive so that it will fall and shatter on the terracotta floor tiles, preferably during the night, but in any case, a sufficient number of hours after we have departed..

Use a candle and some string.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Thinking of playing a little practical joke on the man who owns the house that we are currently staying in. He has many fine furnishings, he has beautiful objects all over the house, paintings, kilims, precious vases etc

Yeah, because people who open their home to lodgers or their daughters homeless jobless boyfriends really deserve to have their nice home vandalised...

Grow up and thank them for letting you stay.
    You do realise you'll be out on the street after that sort of a prank?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

This is a man who is very kind but has acquired all the finer things in life.

You say this like it's a bad thing:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭chosen1

This is a man who is very kind but has acquired all the finer things in life.

Silicone from a silicone gun should do the trick.

Hope you get turfed out on the street afterwards though, you unappreciative w****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

You need to try the glue out first. Either glue your hands together or else glue yourself to the ceiling. Whichever one makes you happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Sign him up to ‘The Game‘.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

If it was my house i'd start gluing your body parts to the ceiling

He has a silicon gun in the outhouse. Do people reckon a drop of that would work? Just had a look at the tumblers and they are weighty enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

I have an alternative of what you can do with that tumbler glass,but I'm trying to behave.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Maybe your should glue the house to the tumbler

Don't see why you guys are so hung up on defending some affluent guy you don't even know from a practical joke. Lighten up?

Ok say your serious,a kind man with alot of fine items in his house you stayed it.Imagine he hears glass breaking,thinks someone is breaking in to steal his antiques and whatnot.Why would you cause him undue stress just to have a laugh?Grow up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Don't see why you guys are so hung up on defending some affluent guy you don't even know from a practical joke. Lighten up?

Why do you keep mentioning his ‘affluence’?

Why do you think that it is okay to damage his property because he is ‘affluent’?

• Advertisement

I see yourself as the most apt model of this male boardsie persona in a few years, the most apt since this persona was made.
    • you're on unemployment assistance
    • your own bedroom is filthy
    • the smell of TV dinners pervades the ace
    • you've queued I. the queue for mcdonald's si ce it has reopened.

Your next main goal is to actually sit in mcdonald's again.

Buy yourself a happy meal too..

Leave the home owner alone. Ye begrudging whatmecallit

I see yourself as the most apt model of this male boardsie persona in a few years, the most apt since this persona was made.
    • you're on unemployment assistance
    • your own bedroom is filthy
    • the smell of TV dinners pervades the ace
    • you've queued I. the queue for mcdonald's si ce it has reopened.

Your next main goal is to actually sit in mcdonald's again.

Buy yourself a happy meal too..

Leave the home owner alone. Ye begrudging whatmecallit

That is it in a nutshell.

OK she is stuck to the ceiling. Should last the night and we'll be out of here early after our breakfast in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

OK she is stuck to the ceiling. Should last the night and we'll be out of here early after our breakfast in the morning.

zve52WQ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I'd put money on it that this is all bollox. I'd be surprised if there is even a tumbler never mind a house. I'd say you got a little horn out of winding some of the posters up. Anybody I know who would do that wouldn't broadcast it first. My opinion its a load of bollox both the post and the poster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

If he’s as refined as you say he is, he probably has Teflon ceilings so your glue idea won’t work.

I’ve a much better prank to play on him for you.

Simply leave an unsigned Thank You card on the kitchen counter just before you leave. Say something nice about how you appreciated his kindness. Maybe pop a voucher (Blue Book or restaurant) into it as a token to recognise his hospitality.

When he finds it after you’re gone, he’ll be absolutely baffled as to how it got there. Given your personality, there’s no way he’ll ever suspect you.

Advertisement