Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All the lads love Ciara Kelly

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Well
    I typed "Is Ci"
    and got this: "is circumcision necessary"

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Ciara Kelly, jesus sometimes I want to change the channel I get so mad listening to her.

Demented with the horn?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

stoneill wrote: »
    Well
    I typed "Is Ci"
    and got this: "is circumcision necessary"

Was Ciara Kelly's son circumsised in the EU?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Was Ciara Kelly's son circumsised in the EU?

She was married to Mick Lally from 1986 to 1989, and their son is Leo Cullen.

I got:

Is covid 19 in portugal
    Is cheltenham on today
    Is croatia in the eu
    Is cyprus in the eu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is this Newstalks Ciara Kelly we're on about? Crisps, she's awful one for yammering away. I switch NT off at midday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

She's a certified wagon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

No idea who she is. Who is she?

Newstalk fm presenter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Fcuk Ciara kelly, since I clicked this thread she's coming up everywhere on my phone feed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

PARlance wrote: »
    WHO

Say it's fairly serious.

Yeah, going to be a teenage wasteland.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

She gives me the shíts. Can't be doing with someone who's a medical doctor and decides to throw in that honourable profession to become a media whore and attention seeking queen. Just like Leo Varadkar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I think the problem with her when it comes to presenting is she cannot loose the Dr persona.

Other than that she doesn't seem like a bad person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,703 ✭✭✭corks finest

Just a few minutes ago, I turned to Google. After reading about Tom Hanks contracting the coronavirus, I wanted to know if it's serious. So I go to Google, with the intention of typing 'Is Coronavirus serious?' but before I can finish the sentence, I'm given an autosuggest from the good people at Google.

I only have 'Is C' typed before the autosuggest, 'Is Ciara Kelly still married?' comes up.

This wasn't something I had typed previously, so it wasn't in my search history. We can only assume a lot of people on Google - a lot of perverts - genuinely want to know if she's still married. If she's not do they think they have a chance with her or something? I mean, I get it, because she's an attractive doctor, and the roleplay would be great, but she wouldn't be interested in anybody who Googles her marital status I wouldn't have thought.

Another one on the list was, 'Is cider gluten free?' and 'Is Croatia in the EU?'.

Technically, more people on the internet care if Dr Kelly's getting the ride more than they care about if Dubrovnik has duty-free smokes, or cider being bad for you.

I consider her as a major pain in the hole,,,,, bring back George Hook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,703 ✭✭✭corks finest

Wheety wrote: »
    You may have not googled that particular phrase before but Google's algorithms are very clever and they obviously know it's something you'd be interested in. I didn't even know who Ciara Kelly was.

Lucky you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

They're welcome to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,687 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is this Newstalks Ciara Kelly we're on about? Crisps, she's awful one for yammering away. I switch NT off at midday.

Likewise. The odd time I listen to the opening 5 or 6 minute monologue she does at the beginning of every show which is usually pretty cringe worthy. It always finishes with her saying in a very desperate voice 'text us now with YOUR opinions'. Its almost like she gets a commission for every text into her show and is begging the audience to pay her wages.

I always wonder what happened that she decided to give up being a GP, its usually a vocation for those who choose it and not many leave the profession. Also would say she took a huge cut in salary going from GP to radio presenter, Newstalk dont pay RTE wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

One thing i would say in her defense is that NT are notoriously bad for just hiring in personalities without proper training. If they invested a little in their presenters it would make a world of difference.

Claire Byrne is case in point, she was terrible when she was in newstalk but when she switched to RTE you can see they clearly invested in her and thought her how to present properly and allow people to debate without overly inserting an opinion.

She does my head in mostly because the show is largely a womens interest program. I've no problem with that, but such a show should probably not air at primetime, as many of the segments are of very limited interest to men.

I remember roaring laughing when that paedo rte producer was in the news and she felt she needed to womansplain to the middle aged men of Ireland that teenage girls did not find them sexually attractive. :pac:

All that aside..
    Agricola wrote: »
    She gives me the shíts. Can't be doing with someone who's a medical doctor and decides to throw in that honourable profession to become a media whore and attention seeking queen. Just like Leo Varadkar.

do you feel she should be compelled to be a doctor until she retires, or is it just the choice of career that irks you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Doesn’t reflect a thing I went to see is nickelback playing and up popped “is Niall boylan still married”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

My first hit 'is Cheltenham on today?' I have zero interest in horse racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Went 'is ci' and got the Ciara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

do you feel she should be compelled to be a doctor until she retires, or is it just the choice of career that irks you?

It's the whole "celebrity doctor" thing. I don't listen to her show cos I hate phone-ins in general which are all about letting every egit "have their say" but even still Im well aware she's a former GP. She, and NT themselves never fail to beat that drum.

I don't think anyone should be compelled to do anything but theres something off about someone who would put that much effort into a vocation like that and then become a radio/TV/newspaper rent-a-gob. She seems a massive egotist who wasn't going to be happy unless she had some degree of fame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Agricola wrote: »
    It's the whole "celebrity doctor" thing. I don't listen to her show cos I hate phone-ins in general which are all about letting every egit "have their say" but even still Im well aware she's a former GP. She, and NT themselves never fail to beat that drum.

I don't think anyone should be compelled to do anything but theres something off about someone who would put that much effort into a vocation like that and then become a radio/TV/newspaper rent-a-gob. She seems a massive egotist who wasn't going to be happy unless she had some degree of fame.

I get that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

I got ischaemia, which, on looking it up, isn't good. I might call Ciara about it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Tom offically said in regards to the potential of having the virus: no T.hanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭return guide

Just a few minutes ago, I turned to Google. After reading about Tom Hanks contracting the coronavirus, I wanted to know if it's serious. So I go to Google, with the intention of typing 'Is Coronavirus serious?' but before I can finish the sentence, I'm given an autosuggest from the good people at Google.

I only have 'Is C' typed before the autosuggest, 'Is Ciara Kelly still married?' comes up. .

Funny I typed "is C" in to Google and first hit I got was Is Canada in the USA?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

jimgoose wrote: »
    Also, it's possible for humans to contract the variant of chlamydia that usually affects Koala bears, so be careful out there.
    And the sly little bastards have human fingerprints too

Advertisement