Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog Pound

• 11-12-2019 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Has anyone got a dog from a pound and what were you charged for the dog? Just got one about 6 weeks ago charged 170, yet talking to a friend today who's wife got a dog from the same pound and was charged 50. my daughter has a friend working in a pound and they charge 80. Should all pounds not charge the same. I know they do great work but why the difference? Had contacted them about a dog i seen on their website told them i'd take it yet when i went up 2 days later they had given it to someone, the one i have now i was told i had to wait 10 days for it which i did, something seems strange about this pound.?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Seems like a lot to charge for a pound. Thought the sterling had gone down with Brexit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭anewme

decky1 wrote: »
    Has any got a dog from a pound and what were you charged for the dog? Just got one about 6 weeks ago charged 170, yet talking to a friend today who's wife got a dog from the same pound and was charged 50. my daughter has a friend working in a pound and they charge 80. Should all pounds not charge the same. I know they do great work but why the difference? Had contacted them about a dog i seen on their website told them i'd take it yet when i went up 2 days later they had given it to someone, the one i have now i was told i had to wait 10 days for it which i did, something seems strange about this pound.?:confused:

How is your new dog settling in?

Do you want to give him/her back to the pound and get a refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

we paid 100 euro for our little one.
    shes priceless to us:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Does seem expensive.
    I got a dog from a shelter who rescues dogs for the local pound and it cost €120 which included the cost of getting her spayed, vaccinated and chipped. Does this pound do any of that before releasing a dog? It may explain some of the cost.
    That said if they had asked me for €180 I wouldn't have questioned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

anewme wrote: »
    How is your new dog settling in?

Do you want to give him/her back to the pound and get a refund?

He was a bit nervous at first but he's settled in now, seems like he was getting hit wherever he came from. would'nt let him go now.

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Does seem expensive.
    I got a dog from a shelter who rescues dogs for the local pound and it cost €120 which included the cost of getting her spayed, vaccinated and chipped. Does this pound do any of that before releasing a dog? It may explain some of the cost.
    That said if they had asked me for €180 I wouldn't have questioned it.

yea they did all that, :cool:

fatknacker wrote: »
    Seems like a lot to charge for a pound. Thought the sterling had gone down with Brexit.

I've a stitch in my side from laughing at that one. [the old one's are the best ]:rolleyes:

yea they did all that, :cool:

Then it's a fair charge IMO.
    Some charities can lower price depending on their funds but a pound is different.
    €100 - €200 Euro is what you would have paid just for neutering a dog. You got some extras for free.

Then it's a fair charge IMO.
    Some charities can lower price depending on their funds but a pound is different.

yea can't argue with that, if your a dog person and see one you like you don't mind paying for it.not complaining about the charge just interested to know what others paid.:cool:

yea can't argue with that, if your a dog person and see one you like you don't mind paying for it.not complaining about the charge just interested to know what others paid.:cool:

Is it a bitch? Spaying is more expensive which is worth taking in to consideration.

• Advertisement

Is it a bitch? Spaying is more expensive which is worth taking in to consideration.

Male.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We made a donation which had a fixed price.

70 I think it was.

Advertisement