Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Armed raider tackled by customers in Dublin pub

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Fair play to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

If you had just ordered a pint and this guy came in, you would have every right to be annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I presume the three customers were more heavily armed than the raider

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Rule #1 in Tallaght. Never fcuk up somebody's lock in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

exaisle wrote: »
    ...wouldn't happen on the north side...

Pretty sure it happens every day on the Northside. It doesn't make the news because it's a common occurrence :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Read that this morning! Fair play to them! Would do my nut if I ordered my last pint and some fecker tried to interfere with it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I get to go out maybe 3 or 4 nights a year, if someone decides to ruin that night for me, they are spending a few nights in hospital. Fair play to the folks involved, never get between a man and their pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭xper

Hold my beer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm in two minds about this. If you tackle someone with a shotgun in a crowded place you are not just putting yourself in danger but rather everyone in the place.
    Glad no one was hurt and the perpetrator was arrested, though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Rule #1 in Tallaght. Never fcuk up somebody's lock in.

Lucky it wasnt tallaght so :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

I'm in two minds about this. If you tackle someone with a shotgun in a crowded place you are not just putting yourself in danger but rather everyone in the place.
    Glad no one was hurt and the perpetrator was arrested, though.

The Sweeny weren't bothered with health and safety when tackling tooled up villians. "Shut it you slag!"

233823_1.jpg

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Lucky it wasnt tallaght so :pac:

Let me guess, you're from Firhouse and touchy about your postcode :D

....... wrote: »
    Firhouse and Tallaght have the same postcode, but they are not the same place.

Don't worry, I won't spill the beans that Firhouse isn't actually Knocklyon and is considerded by everybody in Dublin 24 to be indistinguishable from and bang beside Tallaght.

Plus I like my joke so don't want to change it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Turns out the gun was a replica....not sure if the perpetrator is to be more pitied than laughed at....

Sure feckit....ha ha ha...the poor hoor :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Turns out the gun was a replica, reminds me of this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭cajonlardo

I wouldn't like to think what would have happened. If the weapon was real.

Think it over for a moment. You are quietly enjoying a drink. Billy the Bolllix arrives to rob the takings. Stay calm and stay quiet and after a few moments all goes back to normal. Tackle the robber and if the weapon is real then a squeeze of the trigger sprays bullets into a crowded pub.
    Personally don't think it's sensible - risk far outweighs the reward.

Unless of course, someone copped firearm wasn't real but that is unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

....... wrote: »

there will be more people claiming to be there than there are people claiming to be the first man on the balcony at Princes Gate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

pretty stupid to risk the lives of everyone in the pub, for someone else's insured money in my opinion.
    They got lucky that it was a fake that's all. Drink fuelled bravado.
    Look at Charlie Chawke for example, the millionaire wouldn't let go of a bag of insured money and lost a leg for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

they certainly gave him a good kicking.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

And he got bail.

Ireland, a country where you can run into a pub with a firearm, shout the name of a terrorist organisation and attempt to rob the place.

All the time knowing that if you do actually caught, you will be released on bail.

Now is his chance to make/rob enough money as he can before his eventual trial.

To accumulate a fine nest egg to soften and get him through any prison time he might get.

Although he might actually get a suspended setence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭kravmaga

they certainly gave him a good kicking.

Absolutely, here is a photo of him :D looks like Mr. Foran picked the wrong pub, fitness instructor or not , lol

https://www.herald.ie/news/ira-pub-holdup-suspect-tackled-by-customers-was-barred-exregular-36454495.html

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What a plonker. If he had 2 brains, he'd be twice as thick.

• Advertisement

Advertisement