Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you working today?

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Was off yesterday and today. I did the callouts on Xmas eve, so the aul lad responded to 2 calls today. Back to normal from tomorrow, Christmas is over as far as I'm concerned.

Flip side is the others in the house are off to her home place till Saturday. Free gaff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Working tomorrow. Someone has to with all my overlords on their extended holidays:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

theteal wrote: »
    nope, TFL Rail, Crossrail upgrades

Wow I always wanted to work for TFL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Im in 1 day this week
    1.5 days the next week
    3.5 days the week after
    5 the week after that :(
    And 2.5 the week after that!

And Im still working on my birthday! (I want cake!)

I dont think he works for TFL- just that they are responsible for the train cancellations due to CrossRail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Im self employed so I might do a few bits n bobs tomorrow if the hangover isnt too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Were you working today?

No. Need one day off

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I dont think he works for TFL- just that they are responsible for the train cancellations due to CrossRail

Nope, I don't work for TFL, although £60k for pulling a lever in a train for 8 hours a day would be sweet. The line that brings me into Liv St. is TFL Rail, the Crossrail upgrades have been going on for feckin' years. I could get a bus to a near-ish Central Line station but that would add 20-30 mins to my morning, screw that.

theteal wrote: »
    Nope, I don't work for TFL, although £60k for pulling a lever in a train for 8 hours a day would be sweet. The line that brings me into Liv St. is TFL Rail, the Crossrail upgrades have been going on for feckin' years. I could get a bus to a near-ish Central Line station but that would add 20-30 mins to my morning, screw that.

TFL don't actually run any trains i thought? They just manage the transport... for London?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

TFL don't actually ruin any trains i thought? They just manage the transport... for London?

They manage/run one of the opened sections of crossrail/new Elizabeth Line, until the new line is fully open next year some time.

Although some might agree with your ruin comment.

:D

• Advertisement

I used have tomorrow off, damnit!

I miss being a banker!

TFL don't actually ruin any trains i thought? They just manage the transport... for London?

They took over the route from Liv. St to Shenfield maybe 2 years ago (from Anglian iirc, they still run into further parts of proper Essex), the line magically appeared on the tube map around that time. There have been shiny new purple Crossrail trains running for the last few weeks now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Yes. Most of our customers are in Europe and were back to work today never mind tomorrow. Christmas doesn't seem to be as big there as it is here. In a couple of years I can see the request for "cover" on Christmas day itself becoming standard in most exporting companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

nope I worked today and am in next weekend.

Earned over 700 yoyos for today(mind you I'll lose half to tax the bastids)

Oh your not one of those people who go around boasting about how much they earn in a day I'm living with one of those guys and i come on boards as a means of escape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Army_of_One

Oh your not one of those people who go around boasting about how much they earn in a day I'm living with one of those guys and i come on boards as a means of escape
    no just ,won't do it again :)

Thought I was on normal 12hr shift but got told about labour law :)

Won't be surprised next time and wont post

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Nah. Not working again till next year. Off to Spain in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Cant yer ma bring them when she is doing her messages?

Nah she’s minding my kids while I’m selling Polish fags in the markets....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I'm currently off the last 7 weeks on sick leave, due to illness. I hadn't enough contributions so I'm not receiving illness benifit. So I'm living a shoe string lifestyle..

job seeker wrote: »
    I'm currently off the last 7 weeks on sick leave, due to illness. I hadn't enough contributions so I'm not receiving illness benifit. So I'm living a shoe string lifestyle..

Would you not get allowance?

• Advertisement

Waiting on late train, which is late

Waiting on late train, which is late

I was online from about 06:40. From under a duvet. Pissing snow outside now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

I am working till the end of the week and then have 1 week of vacation

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I work 365 days a year except for leap years when there's one extra day of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Well the PC is on but so is Oliver on rte so technically I am, nothing gets shipped till tomorrow so all I would be doing would be answering customer mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Would you not get allowance?

Allowance from work? Hell no! I'm a chef.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

I had intended to go back to work today....but looked at my annual leave balance and thought what the heck. So I'm not going back to work until Thursday week. Nice!

Finished at 1305

Tough day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭pcuser

I work in a bar, So Xmas night is my only night off. Still I pay for a holiday in the Jan sale out of the extra money :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Off since last Friday and not back until next Tuesday. On call a couple of days though.

Advertisement