Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭picachu

Barr wrote: »
    There has been great advise given in the aftercare/ issues of the De'Longhi . I follow the thread for this very reason and certainly wouldnt knock it .

I'm not knocking the thread but it's not a bargain therefore it should be moved somewhere else.

Maybe i'm wrong when i come into bargain alerts i expect to see bargains ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,976 ✭✭✭✭event

picachu wrote: »
    I'm not knocking the thread but it's not a bargain therefore it should be moved somewhere else.

4 posts up from yours
    290 sterling on amazon folks

picachu wrote: »

I bumped it yesterday with a bargain alert

?

breeno wrote: »
    I've seen that site before. Very good prices. Are the beans nice? Presume they're not terribly fresh?

I've come to the opinion that the freshest pricey subtle blend coffee beans are pretty much a waste of money for use in the delonghi magnica (or other similar machine from delonghi in the range).

This is because the grinder in the delonghi simply isn't good enough to get the most out of subtle beans.

A really good espresso grinder costs maybe 600 euro and can go into the 1000's if you look into them.

The brewing part is nowhere near top-end either. It's a great machine for making decent coffee but no point in wasting money buying the freshest subtle medium blend beans as you're not going to be able to to taste them near fully.

These coffee beans produce good results in the delonghi imo (using amazon italy as uk can't sell coffee to Ireland anymore. buy 6kg to offset postage)

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07CGXZMT3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07W59G4PV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07MFQF962/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

breeno wrote: »
    I've seen that site before. Very good prices. Are the beans nice? Presume they're not terribly fresh?
    They're grand for the price (Temple Bar). About €50 for 6 X 1kg bags delivered but they're decent and strong. You can get "Extreme Caffeine" ones if you don't like sleeping much for a similar price! :D

As glasso has already said, very fresh beans are wasted in the Magnifica and I gotta agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Basq wrote: »
    They're grand for the price (Temple Bar). About €50 for 6 X 1kg bags delivered but they're decent and strong. You can get "Extreme Caffeine" ones if you don't like sleeping much for a similar price! :D

As glasso has already said, very fresh beans are wasted in the Magnifica and I gotta agree.

6kg, that's a lot of coffee!

I recently ordered 2kg from them which would keep me going for months.

6kg, that's a lot of coffee!

I recently ordered 2kg from them which would keep me going for months.
    I'd say I go through 2KG in a month between myself and missus.. mainly me WFH to be honest.

what discountcoffee beans are decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Cheers for the recommendations. I have a kg of Bell Lane Black Tie espresso on the way but will try the Saol beans next. Would be delighted to find a good solid coffee at those kind of prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

Basq wrote: »
    I'd say I go through 2KG in a month between myself and missus.. mainly me WFH to be honest.

Switch to wine 😂

tony1980 wrote: »
    Switch to wine ��
    Have that covered too.. a bar under the stairs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niall20

Is there any way of getting free delivery from Amazon Italy on Prime or otherwise? It looks pricey when considering shipping costs

Niall20 wrote: »
    Is there any way of getting free delivery from Amazon Italy on Prime or otherwise? It looks pricey when considering shipping costs
    Afraid not.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niall20

Will the subscribe and save discounts work with an Irish address?

Niall20 wrote: »
    Will the subscribe and save discounts work with an Irish address?

haven't tried but doubt it.

only way is to order 4kg + to make it reasonable afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

I'll give the samples a try; we're drinking lots of coffee here in our home office block :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Does anyone else's water container leak when you fill it up, before you insert it back into the machine? The water comes from the area where it feeds water into the machine. Any way to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Does anyone else's water container leak when you fill it up, before you insert it back into the machine? The water comes from the area w
      here it feeds water into the machine. Any way to fix it?

I had a quick look and the valve if we call it that is spring loaded. Have you tried manually pushing it a few time in case they is something stuck in there?

You could also try filling it with a high pressure tap while forcing the valve open. This might force any possible blockage out.
      If that doesn't work try reversing the flow of water through the opening.

1. Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I have the Caffe Corso 2600 (bought from Argos from this thread) and I have a light issue.
      Gave the machine a good cleaning last night and this morning the ground container light is on solid from the time power is given to it. When I open the door and remove the ground coffee container, the caution light and grounds container lights flash.

Can anyone throw some more light on this for me please?

2. Advertisement
    3. Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

I have the Caffe Corso 2600 (bought from Argos from this thread) and I have a light issue.
      Gave the machine a good cleaning last night and this morning the ground container light is on solid from the time power is given to it. When I open the door and remove the ground coffee container, the caution light and grounds container lights flash.

I think throwing more light on it is the last thing you need :-)

4. Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

It's either the steam wand is in the on position or the coffee funnel is jammed according to the manual I have but tbh it's not great

5. Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

McSween wrote: »
      I think throwing more light on it is the last thing you need :-)
      Oh quit - phone battery gone with the flash turned on trying to look at it.
      sioda wrote: »
      It's either the steam wand is in the on position or the coffee funnel is jammed according to the manual I have but tbh it's not great

Steam knob in closed position, coffee is set to beans. Lights up like a Christmas tree as soon as power is turned on, but then ground light only.

After about 10 coffees a day in this lockdown, this is some pain! :(

6. Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Have you tried unplugging it from the wall yet?

7. Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

iHungry wrote: »
      Have you tried unplugging it from the wall yet?

Plugged in, plugged it out, held all combinations of buttons, with the steam knob on, with the steam knob closed and managed to get it into test mode where only half of it worked. A testing time!

8. Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Plugged in, plugged it out, held all combinations of buttons, with the steam knob on, with the steam knob closed and managed to get it into test mode where only half of it worked. A testing time!

Plugged it out and left it until this morning and away she went! Thank God!

9. Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

It is not the same model as the OP and I am not looking for a Bean to Cup machine but seen this on HUKD and thought I would post in case others are looking.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LB8FHJ4?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

edit - Looks to have experied. It was £226 at the time I posted.

10. Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I'd love to get a bean to cup coffee machine, but suspect that i won't have the patience for a manual or semi auto one (and my family definitely won't), so looking at fully automatic.

the delonghi autentica looks like a decent value machine

would anyone have any opinons on this or recommend an alternative (budget upto €800)

thanks

11. Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

It is not the same model as the OP and I am not looking for a Bean to Cup machine but seen this on HUKD and thought I would post in case others are looking.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00LB8FHJ4?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

edit - Looks to have experied. It was £226 at the time I posted.

Cheers , I ordered this morning at that price.

Order Summary
      Item(s) Subtotal:£188.33
      Postage & Packing:£0.00
      Total Before VAT:£188.33
      VAT:£0.00
      Total:£188.33
      Import Fees Deposit£49.56
      Grand Total:£237.89

12. Advertisement
    13. Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭webels

TimHorton wrote: »
      Cheers , I ordered this morning at that price.

Order Summary
      Item(s) Subtotal:£188.33
      Postage & Packing:£0.00
      Total Before VAT:£188.33
      VAT:£0.00
      Total:£188.33
      Import Fees Deposit£49.56
      Grand Total:£237.89

Got it at that price also. Have this exact model purchased back in early January 2018 from Argos for €113.09 It's still going great just needed another.

Advertisement