Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie Rockets

• 15-07-2012 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

Overpriced, messy, small portions...

Why on Earth does anyone eat there?

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Wereghost

Atmosphere, convenience, impressing a member of the opposite/same sex?

Their Ultimate Veggie burgers are great. Satisfying and wholesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Because its delicious.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Eddie's secret sauce is amazing, that's why!

I got lunch there yesterday for €9 and was stuffed after...but also covered in cheese.

Don't like it? Don't go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Overpriced, yes. But "messy" is your own fault, and the portions are certainly not small...

• Advertisement

I think they drug the oreo cookie malt, every time I get one I can't stop laughing and shaking.

Going to get one today....test it out again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,123 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Starla_o0 wrote: »
    I got lunch there yesterday for €9 and was stuffed after...but also covered in cheese.

Don't like it? Don't go.

Didn't, so don't.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I want eddie rockets now!! :mad:

Mmmmm cheesy bacon fries with chocolate malt shake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

Ficheall wrote: »
    and the portions are certainly not small...

More bun than burger to be honest...as for the chips...well I've never seen a smaller portion. True - the shakes are nice, but still, not worth it methinks...

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I think they drug the oreo cookie malt, every time I get one I can't stop laughing and shaking.

Going to get one today....test it out again
    Note to self: Try out the oreo cookie malt at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

There's a supermacs only a few short steps away, hint hint

Starla_o0 wrote: »

Don't like it? Don't go.
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    Didn't, so don't.:P

Just don't go there! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Scrawny71 wrote: »

Impressing ? In.Eddie.Rockets.

you must be beating them off with a ****ty stick :D

There's a supermacs only a few short steps away, hint hint

That's just Eddie Rockets gone soggy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Goujons with cajun sauce and a strawberry malt shake. What I wouldn't give for it right now.

It might be overpriced, but damn its good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Yeah? I don't know would that cut it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

They do a nice burger but they're over priced junk food all the same. I haven't eaten there in a couple of years.
    I only ever get the very odd craving for chips and when I do it's nothing less than a curry cheese chip. On nom nom etc.

The sesame jack chicken from tgis is the cats pajamas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hot wings are nom, chips in there are nom, milkshakes are nom..

dammit now I want eddie rockets.

krudler wrote: »
    hot wings are nom, chips in there are nom, milkshakes are nom..

dammit now I want eddie rockets.

Meet you there at 2? Can't go alone like...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Can't say I've had a bad experience Rockets wise, I always wonder what up you'd end up looking like if that was all you ate for lunch and dinner every day, you probably need to take your front door off it's hinges and smear grease both sides to get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

The portions are HUGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

its fast food with table service. the booths are comfy and the burgers are tasty. pricing is reasonable. there are often offers (in galway anyway) for any 2 burgers with 2 small fries and 2 small drinks for €13, which represents great value to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeah even a bowl of chips is huge, it doesnt look like theres much in there but there is

Eddie Rockets - Empty Pockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

They have easily the tastiest burger I have eaten. They are crunchy on the outside, moist on the inside, the sauce is perfect. They may be pricy but not as pricy as what you would pay for the soggy mess you get for pub grub or any of those American restaurants. Coupled with garlic cheese fries and you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

They have easily the tastiest burger I have eaten. They are crunchy on the outside, moist on the inside, the sauce is perfect. They may be pricy but not as pricy as what you would pay for the soggy mess you get for pub grub or any of those American restaurants. Coupled with garlic cheese fries and you can't go wrong.

Good shill Eddie :pac:

I do like empty pockets alright, but was in there a few weeks ago, and ordered somethin i didnt know, ended up with a bowl of mince, a bag of doritos and a big plate of disappointment, it was shite :mad:

Good shill Eddie :pac:

I do like empty pockets alright, but was in there a few weeks ago, and ordered somethin i didnt know, ended up with a bowl of mince, a bag of doritos and a big plate of disappointment, it was shite :mad:

Hazard a guess here, did you order nachos?

token101 wrote: »
    Yeah? I don't know would that cut it!
    Beats BK. Good for conversation, too, as you can talk about the music or the way they make the food or whatever. Wouldn't call Eddie's an alternative to, say, an Indian/Chinese/Lebanese restaurant. It's an upmarket burger bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭lifelongnoob

Op your username would suggest that you have more refined tastes in food ............. don't think fast food outlets are really for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Meh, there are worse places.
    At least they make a veggie burger that's half-edible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Malts! hmmmmmmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

oh man love eddie rocketts...a double classic and chocolate malt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Anyone else think when they give you a burger the plates are to small? Ingredients fall every where except on the plate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

They must have very low standards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the one in arklow gives you any burger, fries and a drink for 2 plus 2 cinema tickets for €16. thats a good deal in my book

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I prefer Jumbos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

inb4 the Ihatefastfoodandonlyeatsaladsallday-parade :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Anyone else think when they give you a burger the plates are to small? Ingredients fall every where except on the plate.

Small plates make portions look bigger.
    It's done for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Good for conversation, too, as you can talk about the music or the way they make the food or whatever.

You'll probably run out of conversation fairly quickly. There's not much I could say about how they put together their burgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Sheriffz

There's two in Galway city. Depends where you to be honest. One is better than the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

I don't understand the extreme dislike (otherwise known as hate :p) for Eddie Rocket's. You'll be well fed for under a tenner, and the extra few euro you'll pay on top of somewhere like Supermac's is reflected in the food, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

syndeyfife wrote: »

Sounds like you're about to go crazy, Broadway style! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,507 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Since the recession they have that burger combo dealy,

You add 3 euro to the price of a burger and get the drink and fries with it.

So basically a Classic Combo for under a tenner which is the magic price point for me.

Before that used to cost about 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

its fast food with table service. the booths are comfy and the burgers are tasty. pricing is reasonable. there are often offers (in galway anyway) for any 2 burgers with 2 small fries and 2i small drinks for €13, which represents great value to me!
    Except its not fast, its slow as fook.
    Its over priced but some of the burgers and mats are nice. The chicken wings are shyte as are the chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Beats BK. Good for conversation, too, as you can talk about the music or the way they make the food or whatever. Wouldn't call Eddie's an alternative to, say, an Indian/Chinese/Lebanese restaurant. It's an upmarket burger bar.

Ah to be fair, if you're considering taking a date to Burger King just keep your money and cook something! At least that way you'll look like you're making somewhat of an effort and not like a scummy cheapskate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Smokestack Double no relish, extra burger sauce.

They are overpriced for wings and tenders and hotdogs, etc, but the burgers with a combo aren't bad value compared to a Big Mac meal or Angus Meal, considering the gulf in quality, freshness, etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Eating at Eddie Rockets is the same as playing the lotto, a tax on idiots.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

its fast food with table service. the booths are comfy and the burgers are tasty. pricing is reasonable. there are often offers (in galway anyway) for any 2 burgers with 2 small fries and 2 small drinks for €13, which represents great value to me!

Yeah and last year it was 10 Eur for the same deal, so has gone up 33% in a year:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Well for what its worth, there was a long line of people waiting to get in to the one in Liffey Valley yesterday evening around 7pm.
    Not a huge fan myself, not been in years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement