Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite alcholic beverage?

• 30-10-2011 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Mods don't move it to Food and Drink,want an after hours response

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Anything with alcohol!!:) 16-20 it was vodka..now 21+ its cider :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Brain Blasta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Cabernet Sauvignon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Anything with alcohol!!:) 16-20 it was vodka..now 21+ its cider :)
    Tends to be the other way around with people i know..all started on cider

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Colilfc

Captain Morgan. :D

Cabernet Sauvignon

Chilean.

Although a nice bottle of chatneuf du pape goes down nicely. Preferably with a meal. Couldn't drink it on a night out.

bmcc10 wrote: »

vodka was the easiest to hide from people ( mixing into bottles of coke and that) woudnt really drink it anymroe had too many bad expeierices from it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

White Russian. It's such a waste of good milk for tea, it seems like a great thing to order at 2am.

Doesn't taste the same at home with the same amount of Ice, Milk, Kahlua and Vodki :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

bmcc10 wrote: »
    I went the opposite way to most people. Started out on beer and now drink cider. Can barely stomach beer anymore.:confused:

White Russian. It's such a waste of good milk for tea, it seems like a great thing to order at 2am.

Doesn't taste the same at home with the same amount of Ice, Milk, Kahlua and Vodki :(

The Dude abides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Jamesons whiskey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Totally depends. Nice beer or red wine maybe.

Vodka tastes like fking petrol and I don't know why people drink it (other than to get shifaced obv).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Gotta be Cork Dry Gin or sweet, sweet Mr. Jameson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

A lovely few swigs of Malibu go down smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

Pilsner Urquell

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Heineken
    Pretty much anything on draught that's ice cold
    WKD with port.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Carlsberg/JD but getting very tired of the hangovers from JD.

does anyone under 30 here drink Guinness? just wondering cuz tasted it once and nearly puked :) its always the old guys at bars i see with it lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

does anyone under 30 here drink Guinness? just wondering cuz tasted it once and nearly puked :) its always the old guys at bars i see with it lol :)

I don't drink it often but the taste is definitely bearable if not fairly decent! Wouldn't make me gag in any case!

Used to be my go-to. Still drink it the odd time. It's not really a club drink more a long chat in the pub tipple.

Porterhouses stouts are far nicer though. I think.

(And I'm [just] under 30).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Heineken but none of that Extra Cold piss they have started introducing into pubs now. You cant taste anything other than brain freeze!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Been fond of stout since I was 19! Would be my regular pub drink...

Fave bespoke drink lately is whiskey sour; whiskey (jameson), egg white and a squeeze of lemon. Fantastic!

Goes down nicely on a hot day for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

My friend Captain Morgan. ;) Hes a good buddy of mine. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Kopparberg Pear

Murphy's with a drop of blackcurrant is nice too
    One cheeky barman tried to charge me for the dash of mi-wadi :mad:

Goes down nicely on a hot day for me.

awww gooo away :) haha cider is the only thing for a hot day :P Each to their own though :) not important what other people think of what you drink, what is, is that you enjoy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I'm 20 and it's easily my favourite drink. Not much better than a good pint of Guinness.

• Advertisement

Fave bespoke drink lately is whiskey sour; whiskey (jameson), egg white and a squeeze of lemon. Fantastic!

Do you have any issues getting barmen to do this for you?

Or is it just something you have at home

In all my years on the wrong side of the counter I don't remember ever having egg white behind the bar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Whats a nicer beer in terms of smoothness and taste Heineken,Carlsberg or Budweiser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

To be honest, as much as I dearly love beers, ales and stouts (Guinness in particular) in my 30's as I am I Love Wine. Love it.

I pray to Bacchus. I love the versatility of wine. So much choice. So much flavour and style.

(i'm also hopelessly addicted to coffee.)

awww gooo away :) haha cider is the only thing for a hot day :P Each to their own though :) not important what other people think of what you drink, what is, is that you enjoy it :D

Not the biggest fan of cider - a bit too sugary for me, my teeth always feel weird afterwards for some reason! You wouldn't be the first to be surprised by my drinking Guinness though (not that I drink it often), especially cos I'm a girl too.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭edgesgirl

Warstiener or grolsch for beer drinkers. jameson and captain morgan for spirit drinkers. santa rita 120 for the white wine drinkers. Depends on the mood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Guinness. Love a good pint of it.

• Advertisement

Not the biggest fan of cider - a bit too sugary for me,

Bulmers Light?

Some places sell Stag Cider, I forget if that's very sweet or very dry. It's one of them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

A nice pint bottle of Bulmers with a glass of ice :D

yeahhhhhhhhh +1 on that buddy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Just a home drink I'm afraid. First time I got it was in Koh in Dublin if you know of it, they have a good selection of exotic cocktails and shorts.
    easy to make at home, put all into a sealed container with ice & shake the crap out of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

guinness, followed by mc ardles and smithwicks

• Advertisement

17 and I laaav it.

mikemac wrote: »
    Bulmers Light?

Some places sell Stag Cider, I forget if that's very sweet or very dry. It's one of them anyway

Nah, wouldn't really be into cider. I like a pint of Guinness from time to time, but most of the time I'm a gin or whiskey woman.

baz2009 wrote: »
    17 and I laaav it.

im telling on you :) msn haha i dont think any of me mates 19-21 drink guiness at all :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Orphan tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Whats a nicer beer in terms of smoothness and taste Heineken,Carlsberg or Budweiser?
    Heineken and carlsberg are pretty similer and very tasty Budweiser tastes like **** and has so many chemicals you get an awful hangover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Ola dubh... amazing porter. small bottles and rather expensive, though (5.50 for a midget)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

I often use Bulmers to clean out the pipes! There was a thread here a few years ago about Pear Bulmers and it's kinda across the board with Clonmel's finest if you ask me - if you need a good Spring clean, Bulmers is your only man!

Meglamonia wrote: »

Bavaria ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

I often use Bulmers to clean out the pipes! There was a thread here a few years ago about Pear Bulmers and it's kinda across the board with Clonmel's finest if you ask me - if you need a good Spring clean, Bulmers is your only man!

I've actually never had that problem with Bulmers before, so I must be one of the lucky ones :P

Guess whos from clonmel? :) haha only reason i like bulmers so much is that we get the freshest cans in our town hahaha:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement