Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there more cheating in relationships these days?

Options
  • 10-10-2015 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I have heard of a good few friends and ex work colleagues getting caught recently - male and female.

Is it more common now than ever?

And if so, why? Apps like Tinder?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Wompa1

JTL wrote: »
    I have heard of a good few friends and ex work colleagues getting caught recently - male and female.

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

are you talking about Scrabble...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Doubt it prob easier to catch people at it than in the good old days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Absolutely, I'm eating a sneaky Double Decker and not telling the Missus

21/25

JTL wrote: »

Getting caught? Well apparently from what you say...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭garrixfan

Instagram generation, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Le Surge Eyed Amant

I think so. Have a lot of acquaintances who are unfaithful and it's mostly facilitated by the internet (Tinder, dating apps, Facebook etc..).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Of course its easier to cheat. So many apps for it and glorify it to be nicer than it actually is...
    Between celebrities to neighbours, at least 75% of people in relationships are doing it and trying to persuade people its an honest days work...
    I know many of my friends who have cheated have blamed lonlieness, sexual neglect, boredom and alcohol, but imo, if any of these scenarios manage to go from ideas to reality, you have wanted them to happen.
    Its a disgusting thing for a man or woman to do, but like i said its so widely encouraged that its starting to become envouraged at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 30,267 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I do think cheating is more common than it was thirty years ago.
    It's so easy for a relationship to develop now because of email/text.
    Dating sites have played a part in married people cheating.
    Tindr probably plays a role in people in their twenties cheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Whatever happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Some people certainly seem to think it's not a big deal. Like you'd hear a story from a friend about another friend who cheated, and I'd be thinking that the friend recounting the story isn't phased at all.

I personally look down upon it. I understand some people may be in an unhappy relationship or where there are kids involved they might feel trapped. But for me it's rock bottom and it tells me a lot about a person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

uch wrote: »

He's well endowed so?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

Yes. I think it's easier to cheat these days but also a lot easier to get caught. The truth will always come out...

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

djflawless wrote: »
    Between celebrities to neighbours, at least 75% of people in relationships are doing it and trying to persuade people its an honest days work...

Amazing. I would never have realised. Where did you get that statistic from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Yes. I think it's easier to cheat these days but also a lot easier to get caught. The truth will always come out...

No truer word said!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭corner of hells

mal1 wrote: »

Made the statistic up himself.

AH tends to allow peoples imagination run a bit wild.For example I can smell the number purple and own my own Tiger Tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Kenny B

mal1 wrote: »

I've seen these figures and they are easily accessible at the CBO.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

I think with social media it's easier to meet and contact people that you usually wouldn't know or be in touch with. But it also leaves a trail of evidence so easier to be found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

AH tends to allow peoples imagination run a bit wild.For example I can smell the number purple and own my own Tiger Tank.
    83% of your post could possibly be a bit untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭sportstar583

I feel like there is more cheating in relationships which is why I am not in a relationship lol. I just go for a more friends with benefits route and it's working up decently for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

uch wrote: »

Whatever you do, dont look that up on Urban dictionary...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Yes. I think it's easier to cheat these days but also a lot easier to get caught.

I hate to come across as the pedantic A/hole but isn't that a bit of a contradiction?

The old crime triangle:
    Opportunity
    Ability to rationalise it
    Likelihood of getting away with it,

If all your mates and work colleagues are getting caught doesn't someone think .... Uh Oh Danger Will Robinson?

I have the only one :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Id say its no different to years ago, but with new means of doing so, through the interwebs.

And if it seems like more have been doing it, they are probably just caught out more easily than before.

Advertisement