Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All ST Patricks Day Parades have been cancelled

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭joeguevara

What will any of us do when our places of work have to close up? Restaurant and bar staff aren’t the only people who aren’t desk jockeys that can work from home.

But you are calling for their places of work to be closed.

joeguevara wrote: »
    But you are calling for their places of work to be closed.

Their places of work are where large groups of people congregate. A lot of people are going to be hard up soon, they’re no more special than anyone.

Their places of work are where large groups of people congregate. A lot of people are going to be hard up soon, they’re no more special than anyone.

I agree. Reckon schools will be told not to return after saint patricks day. It’s hard to know what to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Its getting serious now. I will admit at first I thought it was been over hyped but its certainly getting serious now. All we can do is hope it does not last too long hopefully its over sooner rather than later.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭blingrhino

will the pubs be packed st.patricks day still?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Calm down it isn’t cancelled it has been put off, to coincide with next years event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

The parade is shíte, it has always been shíte and always will be shíte.

That being said, i would have brought the kids, they wouldn't have liked it and i would have hated it, but you know, it's paddies day so that's what you do.

All things considered i think i prefer the corona virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

blingrhino wrote: »
    will the pubs be packed st.patricks day still?

I suspect so yes

Ms

Well it has been declared a Pandemic now and we have 1 death from it here in Ireland now. I m hoping we will not have to go to the extremes that Italy has and can get over it in a month or two. We might have to cut all out going and incoming travel to the island do and mass gatherings.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I am happy about it ..its for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The VA won't take the hit and be closed on paddys day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The VA won't take the hit and be closed on paddys day

None of our dear leaders has even touched the pubs issue with a barge pole yet.

And they won't unless it becomes a major major issue

It's all so frustrating as you dont knw are events going ahead/cancelled etc. 3Arena have been holding big events the last few days and nothing has come from them

There are two issues. Rights of individual and right to earn a living. It would require emergency legislation which could be judicially reviewed. The status quo of remaining open until review was finished would happen.

Also proportionality would come into play. Would it apply to rural pubs where let’s say 20 people would be there. More than that would be in a petrol station queuing for a breakfast roll. Can you discriminate between rural and urban. Why choose pubs and not shops.

Then who will enforce it.

Ms

So the ST Patricks Day Parade in New York has been cancelled now as well for its first time in 258 years of the Parade.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

So what's the story with pubs etc

Why choose pubs and not shops.

You can live without a pub.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There are two issues. Rights of individual and right to earn a living. It would require emergency legislation which could be judicially reviewed. The status quo of remaining open until review was finished would happen.

Also proportionality would come into play. Would it apply to rural pubs where let’s say 20 people would be there. More than that would be in a petrol station queuing for a breakfast roll. Can you discriminate between rural and urban. Why choose pubs and not shops.

Then who will enforce it.
    If they were able to do it in Italy with bars and restaurants, where eating out would be a bigger thing than here, we could do it here. But we won't.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    If they were able to do it in Italy with bars and restaurants, where eating out would be a bigger thing than here, we could do it here. But we won't.

It could be to our cost, people here have a chance to learn from the mistakes Italy made.

I dread to think what could have happened had it hit here first.

Advertisement