Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor's appointments

Options
  • 12-03-2020 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

I have a drs appt on Saturday morning and I really want to speak personally with the doctor.

On the website they've suspended online booking and say anyone making a booking has to have it screened by the receptionist because telephone consultations will be available.

I'm assuming appointments already made over the phone will be honoured but cannot get through to the surgery to confirm.

Does anyone here work in a gp clinic and do you know what the general situation is?

Tjanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Most GP surgeries are triaging patients before appointments. Some are doing respiratory clinics. If you have a cough or potential Covid 19 symptoms do NOT lie about it to get a face to face appointment. You'd be surprised that needs to be said but unfortunately it does. Edited to add if you just want phone advice keep trying and ask for that. My colleagues at the moment are spending the majority of their time fielding phone consultations so it is very busy but they are trying their best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

tiredcity wrote: »
    Most GP surgeries are triaging patients before appointments. Some are doing respiratory clinics. If you have a cough or potential Covid 19 symptoms do NOT lie about it to get a face to face appointment. You'd be surprised that needs to be said but unfortunately it does. Edited to add if you just want phone advice keep trying and ask for that. My colleagues at the moment are spending the majority of their time fielding phone consultations so it is very busy but they are trying their best.

Hi I have an appointment already made for Saturday morning. I made it over the phone with the receptionist. She didn't ask any questions but it's not for anything related to coughs, fevers, sore throat or anything like that. So presumably the doctor will see me.

It's to do with a totally separate issue that I really need reassurance on and it's not anything that's in any way contagious.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭tiredcity

Hi I have an appointment already made for Saturday morning. I made it over the phone with the receptionist. She didn't ask any questions but it's not for anything related to coughs, fevers, sore throat or anything like that. So presumably the doctor will see me.

It's to do with a totally separate issue that I really need reassurance on and it's not anything that's in any way contagious.

I imagine you'll be fine unless you hear otherwise. Hope they can put your mind at ease.

Advertisement