Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Posts that made you laugh out loud

• 11-12-2019 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭

Probably the reason why I find myself coming back to boards and AH is because of those moments when you're scrolling through an inane thread out of sheer boredom or procrastination and find yourself suddenly pissing yourself over some random one-liner post, sometimes for more than a minute or two.

Just now, this one from another thread got me got me: 
    (OP), the man who wouldn't recognise a vagina if one sat on his face.

One from a few years back was on a thread along the lines of "Weird things that you do", some lad had a post about calling his cat a "fat b@stard" every time he walked into a room, despite being neither fat nor a b@stard, probably because i'm strange but I think i laughed at that for a good solid hour at the time.

What are some memorable posts that had you giggling away to yourself AH?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Early this evening, this one did it for me:

"Without sacrifice there is no human development. That's just physics."

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I'm unashamedly quoting one of my own from a few days back. For context, it was in reply to a post about whether or not something existed.

"What about Uranus? Does Uranus exist? I've never seen Uranus. Have you seen Uranus? Has anyone else here seen Uranus?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Jaysus here is a list of mine that I would like you to thank.

Please click link.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,841 ✭✭✭buried

One years back asking "do people p!ss in the shower?"

third or fourth post down was this reply

"Sure where else am I supposed to p!ss???"

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

Most of the posts that followed the "Im eating my breakfast Kate" thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I found the fat cast post! It was from a "what weird stuff do you do?" thread -
    I do all this and more:

-Make up weird songs about people I barely knew years ago and sing them out loud in a falsetto or tenor voice.

-Look at myself in the mirror and recite lines from films, imagining myself as an actor.

-Sing weird songs who's lyrics nobody I know would have thought I could recall off the top of my head.

-Piss in the sink.

-Press ups.

-Read from books very loudly in a posh English accent.

-Call my cat every curse word under the sun.

-Attempt beatboxing.

-I do these weird little dances.

-Shout.

You all do weird stuff too, what is it!?

Edit: I also call my cat fat, like this: I am sitting on the couch and he walks into the room in that cat way of his, and I just shout "out! out! You fat bastard!" My cat does not have a weight problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,635 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I see your Tom Cruise and raise you Tim Curry

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

from the Late Late toy show thread:

'This Barbie has a prosthetic leg'. What, is the other one real ? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

These two:

About dogs:
    Why are dogs teeth so much sharper then?

The reply:
    They can't cook.

And on a discussion about controlling deer populations in the Phoenix Park
    How do we control the human population? It's hardly rocket science?

The reply:
    Well we dont seem to be doing a good job of that either.

I think the stags might struggle to put on condoms as they lack opposable thumbs.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

One in which a poster referred to someone as "a triple necked land ship".
    And another - I don't remember the context but this was just random - "the only thing that awaits you at the post office is rape and lots of it"
    Of course rape is not funny, but this comment is!

So simplistic it was, brand new account asks in the Dublin forum if anyone has checked out the new angel shop in Ballybough? What's it like?

Few cynical responses down, someone replied "Brutal. WORST ANGEL SHOP EVER."

And I cracked up laughing.

And one more, it was in a "things you didn't know" style thread when a poster had said "Pigeons explode if you feed them rice". Someone responded "False I believe" so the OP comes back with "Ok got it wrong, pigeons explode when you feed them semtex."

There are frequently posts in the Fair City thread that get a good laugh from me, but you'd have to be into it to get it.

Advertisement