Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many times did it take you to pass your driving test?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

One go was all I needed. Coincidentally the N plates came off this morning :cool:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

First go, although that was a long while back.

I passed aged 17 and 2 days. not sure I'd pass today's test tbh. Too many bad habits and a lack of patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I passed first time. I can remember my hand slipping off the gearstick and I whacked the tester in the leg, was sure I was going to fail on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mayo londoner

8 times I'm ashamed to say, was going perfect my first time and overshot a set of traffic lights by about a metre less than a kilometre from the test centre on the way back and the bollocks done me for that. Got back to test centre and called him a **** in frustration, on my third test I'd the same fella again and I may as well not have gotten out of the car! Eventually passed it on the 8th time when my provisional was within a week of expiry, mishaps on other tests involved driving down a one way street the wrong way!

Tbh I think the first test really knocked my confidence and never really recovered, have barely sat behind the wheel since I got the licence 5yrs ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

did the test first time I thought faultlessly and failed.
    Did it the second time and was sure I failed but was passed.
    On another note my daughter did her test last year in the new centre in Deansgrange. I didnt think she was ready but she passed it first time.
    Her boyfriend had done the test twice in Wicklow and failed.
    He did it then in Deansgrange and passed no problem

• Advertisement
Advertisement