Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long do you girls expect to wait before marriage.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

mariaalice wrote: »

Watch a good version of A Christmas carol, after many years of engagement scrooge's finance, releases him from the engagement becaue she realise his love of money was more than his love of her.

McDuck?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

topper75 wrote: »
    McDuck?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Christmas_Carol_(1984_film)

I have seen a stage version which was very poignant without being sentimental.

Scrooge becomes engaged to a woman named Belle. However, the Ghost shows Scrooge how Belle left him when he chose his wealth over her. Finally the spirit shows Scrooge that Belle later married and had many children. Seeing what he had lost at the price of gaining his fortune,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

mariaalice wrote: »
    And yet marriage is so popular is everyone being fooled?

Sheeple conforming to the norm. Of course there are people who want to get married but there are others who give into societal pressure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I've managed to make it five years so far anyway, should knock another few out of it please god

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

It depends if you want to get married. If your interested in marrying someone and they likewise then I guess you should do it within 3 or 4 years. If your having any doubts beyond that then you should move to someone else or else just don't get married.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭pgj2015

if you really want to get married just make sure you dont marry someone who wont let you hang out with your friends, iv lost and am losing "friends" who have become spineless and you wont ever see them unless shes there as well, no lads nights out, no lads holidays etc pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭chrissb8

pgj2015 wrote: »
    if you really want to get married just make sure you dont marry someone who wont let you hang out with your friends, iv lost and am losing "friends" who have become spineless and you wont ever see them unless shes there as well, no lads nights out, no lads holidays etc pathetic.

This is it though. I could never in my right mind put some of my friends who have known me over 10, 15, 20 years as a non essential in my life.

Proper friends who have been through thick and thin with me. Seen me make terrible decisions, put up with me at low points and help me out of those low points. These relationships have in part made me who I am today. Continuing to be just as important albeit we're all busier but always make the time.

Why are some partners so dismissive of what some of these people mean to their OH. Just because you're not their life and sole focus?

That just says to me that your "partner" is not your partner. Not respecting your life, time to yourself and most importantly thinking they can hold dominion over you. Infact, dismissing most of your life as all white noise, that they are the one who is worthy of all your attention and time. Screams of a huge lack of respect and how important they deem you as a person.

Usually these people who act like that have a very unhealthy mindset. Focusing exclusively on their partner as their social outlet as well as emotional bastion. Put's alot of unhealthy pressure in a relationship.

Advertisement