Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much do you spend at the hairdressers/Barbers?

• 13-03-2019 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,840 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I get a very standard haircut every few weeks.
    It cost between €10 and €12.
    Just clippers and a bit of scissors.
    I did look at more expensive places but there isn't much to be done with my hair. It's a curly mop.

How much do you spend at the hairdressers/Barbers?

Comments

Tenner is the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

€17 every 3 weeks or so for a haircut. Sometimes get a beard trim in barbers also for an extra couple of quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,588 ✭✭✭✭L1011

13.50 and the 7th is free. Not one of the modern haircuts that takes half an hour of clippers and a pile of pomade or hairspray to build, or quite the same level of maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

€10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Zero, have been shaving my own for 20+ years now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Not a penny since I was a broke student about 14 years ago. Maybe £150 on hair/beard clippers since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Three quarts of cider every new moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

Depends on when I go or my mood :)

Place near work is 10 quid so might pop in on the way home from work but if it's at the weekend my local is 15

Went to a place in town before and was charged 20 quid, nearly dropped ****ing dead when asked but I paid and never went back

I've a friend that pays 20 in his barbers every 2 weeks because the barber has won some awards and is the place to go

I couldn't justify it every 2 weeks

Saying that then id rather have a good chat with my local barber and give a 5er as a tip on top of my 15 the odd time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

€22 for a wash, cut and dry. €5 tip for the barber after.

Could never understand the mindset of guys going into some place paying someone a fiver to shear them bald. Can only assume they just don’t care about their appearance.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

17 every four weeks, it grows very fast which I'm thankful for.

• Advertisement

This is a bugbear of mine. Whether I spend twelve quid or 50 (that was only once) I get the same result.

12 quid is the maximum these days, unless I'm getting a shave as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,840 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Could never understand the mindset of guys going into some place paying someone a fiver to shear them bald. Can only assume they just don’t care about their appearance.

Where do you get these €5 cuts?

Where do you get these €5 cuts?

Pardon my hyperbole, €7.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

€12 at barber opposite Kennedys Pub (Westland Row)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

€15 once a month , get a complete wet shave on the head and electric razor on the beard an that does me for 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

€13 every 3 wks. It takes about two minutes because I have f all left to cut. I really just go to support a local business.
    Any women out there care to admit how much they spend or is it a man only thread.

emeldc wrote: »
    €13 every 3 wks. It takes about two minutes because I have f all left to cut. I really just go to support a local business.
    Any women out there care to admit how much they spend or is it a man only thread.

It's a thread for everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

€80 every 3-4 weeks colour, cut and blow dry :)

50-60
    probs once every 6 months because i can't be arsed
    it's a fancy kind of place though. previously was paying 30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,506 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Somewhere between €12 and €14, get it done every 6-8 weeks, not arsed doing it myself because it's a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

hairdresser twice a year for me, that would get me to ~90 EUR yearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

€450 twice a year on hair extensions with colour.

€80 for a colour and cut maybe 3 times a year in between extensions.

The odd blow dry when i want to treat myself or if going out somewhere. Blow dry around €20 a go. Get maybe 1 every 2 months or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

60-odd until recently, up to near 100 now because I need to get colour done :mad:

But that's only about every three or four months as I have a long, forgiving hairstyle that I can let grow until I get sick of it.

I'm willing to pay that much because it's a nice place, with nice coffee, and a nice stylist who doesn't wreck my head with pointless small talk and bad jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

€12.

Any average trim costing North of €15 is daylight robbery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

€20, €15 for hair and beard and €5 tip. Try to not let it go beyond 5 weeks between visits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

€16 for a decent cut and beard trim. Would leave a €4 tip too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

€10 every 4 weeks ,in chair what feels like 4 minutes, don't know why i bother with how little i got,
    should just shave the head myself really, he does a neat job though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,371 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My barbers in east Co. Meath charge a tenner for an excellent dry cut; clippers, scissors, feathering, cut throat neck shave, wax, lotion and a hot towel.

Any young lads ive seen come in to get highly stylised looks that take up to 45 mins to do pay max €14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

€12 to €15 every 4 weeks depending where I go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,494 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

€150-€180 every two to three months for roots, balayage, cut and curly blow dry

Larbre34 wrote: »
    My barbers in east Co. Meath charge a tenner for an excellent dry cut; clippers, scissors, feathering, cut throat neck shave, wax, lotion and a hot towel.

Any young lads ive seen come in to get highly stylised looks that take up to 45 mins to do pay max €14.

That would be a bit far for me to go for my haircuts but I’m glad you’re getting decent cuts for that price.

If I could stand over the quality of a Dublin city or suburban barber for a lower price I’d make a booking but any place I’ve seen with the tenner or less offers don’t look like they do anything except shave heads or make people look like feral vikings.

That would be a bit far for me to go for my haircuts but I’m glad you’re getting decent cuts for that price.

If I could stand over the quality of a Dublin city or suburban barber for a lower price I’d make a booking but any place I’ve seen with the tenner or less offers don’t look like they do anything except shave heads or make people look like feral vikings.

What type of haircut do you get?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

40 odd at the best barbers in Dublin. Hint: It's on Westmoreland Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

About every six weeks, €65 to €80 and I only get colour and sometimes a very small cut (just a tidy-up). Women's salons just are more expensive.

I enjoy it though, and view it as a treat as well as a grooming necessity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,506 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

40 odd at the best barbers in Dublin. Hint: It's on Westmoreland Street.

What does the service involve? How long does it last for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Jayzus, judge much?

Some men look nicer with a shaved head. I hear women don’t mind Jean-Luc Picard.

So there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I bought cordless clippers about 5 years ago for €50 and cut my own hair. Blade 1 and back and sides and No.2 on top. So I guess that works out at 20c a week roughly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

Around €80 - €85 every 5 - 6 weeks for colour and trim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,524 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

€8 every 2-3 months, with a €2 tip, off an iraqi lad in d8.
    He's sh1te, but i dont have much hair anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

€70 for a full head of meche, toner, treatment, cut and blow dry every 12-16 weeks or so. My hairdresser is a friend and does it as a nixer. Same job in a salon would be north of €150, over €200 in some. Not a hope in hell would I pay that but I know plenty who do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Alias G

Haven't paid for a haircut in 23 years. DIY with a clippers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,547 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Alias G wrote: »
    Okay, okay - no need to gloat :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Alias G wrote:

We heard you the first time!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭beertons

We heard you G, relax.

Mine is 11 with a Euro tip every 6 weeks. Same place last 15 years, either of the 2 lads in there can cut me. However if I go for a wet shave, only the Polish lad will do. The Indian owner is too rough.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

I'm willing to pay that much because it's a nice place, with nice coffee, and a nice stylist who doesn't wreck my head with pointless small talk and bad jokes.

I used go to a salon with a barber and two hairdressers for years. I switched last year. They used always take ages or he used be off.
    However the nattering that used go on would melt your head. It was either about bingo or weddings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

I go to a barber's and pay a tenner, once a year. I refuse to pay fanny-tax on having an inch off my hair.

I have only been refused based on my gender in hipster barbers, where it is staffed by young men in women's jeans. I imagine they must be terrified that someone will call them hairdressers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I get my hair done every 3-4 months, all over colour, cut and highlights, about 120 euro.

I'll have to get it done more often as I start to grey but for now I'm still getting away with it.

What numbers on the clippers do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭rocky1813

80 euros when I’m getting color done. 140 euros for cut and color and my hair’s short. Dublin city centre prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I go to the barbers once a month at 20 quid a go. The good thing about the barber I use is that you can't walk in off the street and queue, you must book in via their website, so you get a time slot and there is no hanging around

• Advertisement
Advertisement