Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do you spend at the hairdressers/Barbers?

Options
  • 13-03-2019 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭

I get a very standard haircut every few weeks.
    It cost between €10 and €12.
    Just clippers and a bit of scissors.
    I did look at more expensive places but there isn't much to be done with my hair. It's a curly mop.

How much do you spend at the hairdressers/Barbers?

Comments

Tenner is the business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

€17 every 3 weeks or so for a haircut. Sometimes get a beard trim in barbers also for an extra couple of quid

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

13.50 and the 7th is free. Not one of the modern haircuts that takes half an hour of clippers and a pile of pomade or hairspray to build, or quite the same level of maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

€10.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,087 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Zero, have been shaving my own for 20+ years now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Not a penny since I was a broke student about 14 years ago. Maybe £150 on hair/beard clippers since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Three quarts of cider every new moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Depends on when I go or my mood :)

Place near work is 10 quid so might pop in on the way home from work but if it's at the weekend my local is 15

Went to a place in town before and was charged 20 quid, nearly dropped ****ing dead when asked but I paid and never went back

I've a friend that pays 20 in his barbers every 2 weeks because the barber has won some awards and is the place to go

I couldn't justify it every 2 weeks

Saying that then id rather have a good chat with my local barber and give a 5er as a tip on top of my 15 the odd time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

€22 for a wash, cut and dry. €5 tip for the barber after.

Could never understand the mindset of guys going into some place paying someone a fiver to shear them bald. Can only assume they just don’t care about their appearance.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

17 every four weeks, it grows very fast which I'm thankful for.

• Advertisement

This is a bugbear of mine. Whether I spend twelve quid or 50 (that was only once) I get the same result.

12 quid is the maximum these days, unless I'm getting a shave as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Could never understand the mindset of guys going into some place paying someone a fiver to shear them bald. Can only assume they just don’t care about their appearance.

Where do you get these €5 cuts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Where do you get these €5 cuts?

Pardon my hyperbole, €7.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

€12 at barber opposite Kennedys Pub (Westland Row)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

€15 once a month , get a complete wet shave on the head and electric razor on the beard an that does me for 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

€13 every 3 wks. It takes about two minutes because I have f all left to cut. I really just go to support a local business.
    Any women out there care to admit how much they spend or is it a man only thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,268 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

emeldc wrote: »
    €13 every 3 wks. It takes about two minutes because I have f all left to cut. I really just go to support a local business.
    Any women out there care to admit how much they spend or is it a man only thread.

It's a thread for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

€80 every 3-4 weeks colour, cut and blow dry :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

50-60
    probs once every 6 months because i can't be arsed
    it's a fancy kind of place though. previously was paying 30

• Registered Users Posts: 81,338 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Somewhere between €12 and €14, get it done every 6-8 weeks, not arsed doing it myself because it's a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

hairdresser twice a year for me, that would get me to ~90 EUR yearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

€450 twice a year on hair extensions with colour.

€80 for a colour and cut maybe 3 times a year in between extensions.

The odd blow dry when i want to treat myself or if going out somewhere. Blow dry around €20 a go. Get maybe 1 every 2 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

60-odd until recently, up to near 100 now because I need to get colour done :mad:

But that's only about every three or four months as I have a long, forgiving hairstyle that I can let grow until I get sick of it.

I'm willing to pay that much because it's a nice place, with nice coffee, and a nice stylist who doesn't wreck my head with pointless small talk and bad jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

€12.

Any average trim costing North of €15 is daylight robbery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

€20, €15 for hair and beard and €5 tip. Try to not let it go beyond 5 weeks between visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

€16 for a decent cut and beard trim. Would leave a €4 tip too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

€10 every 4 weeks ,in chair what feels like 4 minutes, don't know why i bother with how little i got,
    should just shave the head myself really, he does a neat job though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

My barbers in east Co. Meath charge a tenner for an excellent dry cut; clippers, scissors, feathering, cut throat neck shave, wax, lotion and a hot towel.

Any young lads ive seen come in to get highly stylised looks that take up to 45 mins to do pay max €14.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

€12 to €15 every 4 weeks depending where I go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,353 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

€150-€180 every two to three months for roots, balayage, cut and curly blow dry

Advertisement