Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Only Fools and Horses clips

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Watched the newest ones before Sullivan passed on they were brutal. The best ones for me were when Grandad was alive. Uncle Albert ones were initially very good slipping in quality over time. Watching that guy in the flat saying Gary? and the audience laughing was cringe think the material was beyond Grade Z. Rodney's character began to annoy me later on aswell and remember the funny one with the typewriter and rhino escaping. He actually rehashed it years later with some island thing very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

joeguevara wrote:
    How have I never copped that dels Aussie mate also played the guy who bought the car off del and Rodney who crashed into the back of boycies jag.

Played by Nick Stringer. He was an ever present on British TV in those days

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

I think the Uncle Albert episodes suffer unfairly from a "Fawlty Towers" effect, in that fans often say they prefer the Grandad era, which only actually spanned the first three series before the sudden death of Lennard Pearce. If you look back over this thread most posters have actually referenced Uncle Albert episodes as their favourites. It's probably fair to say that Grandad was a better character as you couldn't but have affection for him, whereas Albert's character while still held in affection was somewhat less endearing than his older brother, with the exaggerated stories etc. Some of the best episodes were undoubtedly during the Uncle Albert era; The Jolly Boys' outing, Danger UXD, Tony Angelino episode etc.

I agree with the poster above though, the final three episodes were pretty bad, alongside an older episode, A Royal Flush, in which Del comes across as particularly nasty.

Apart from Jolly Boys, which is my favourite, I also like some of the more underrated episodes; to Hull and Back, Dates and Chain Gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Far too many brilliant moments for me to pick one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,727 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

MOD: Thread moved to TV - Comedy

Please familiarise yourself with the Television Board Charter before posting

Advertisement