Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More free houses..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

https://m.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/rentfree-how-do-you-get-away-with-not-paying-mortgage-for-nine-years-37818881.html?fbclid=IwAR1sPMfTD-TK82mTAYe8gwrEWRrnd9-FFbb0TFpyCXp0pAcEOv6gMyeUZu4

This couple have not paid their mortgage in nine years. Does this happen in other countries? This seems very strange to me and I wonder how many people out there are doing this and taking advantage of the reluctance to repossession. While everyone is busy pointing at the Margaret cashs of the world nobody seems to mind the middle classes getting free housing at cost to everyone else.

The vulture funds are evil everyone on facebook tells me and they can't all be wrong I mean they have vulture in the name vultures are bad sure they're entitled to be housed anyway I don't see what the problem is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Tis great if youre rich in Ireland. Get a free pass if youre rich! Cant be a family home if they werent married...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

This country is a basket case, and deserves everything that is coming down the road. When the next recession hits, the whole place is gonna dissolve into a puddle of piss and **** so deep it will take a generation for the country to recover.

My only hope is that when we do recover, the leeches and vermin that permeate our country, were all left to rot in the depths.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

lbc2019 wrote: »
    Tis great if youre rich in Ireland. Get a free pass if youre rich! Cant be a family home if they werent married...

Yeah cause no spongers do the same.

Yeah cause no spongers do the same.

They are spongers too- like Ivan Yates

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I got the impression that part of the issue was the loan been sold several times.

Puts it back to square one each time from what I could see from the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,491 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

When does Spring end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

https://m.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/rentfree-how-do-you-get-away-with-not-paying-mortgage-for-nine-years-37818881.html?fbclid=IwAR1sPMfTD-TK82mTAYe8gwrEWRrnd9-FFbb0TFpyCXp0pAcEOv6gMyeUZu4

This couple have not paid their mortgage in nine years. Does this happen in other countries? This seems very strange to me and I wonder how many people out there are doing this and taking advantage of the reluctance to repossession. While everyone is busy pointing at the Margaret cashs of the world nobody seems to mind the middle classes getting free housing at cost to everyone else.

In fairness, I dont know how long she has lived with the husband, but they have only been married since 2014 according to the article. Until I read to the end of the article, Id wondered how they could even include her in the picture, they seem to explain themselves out if it, but if I was highlighted in such a way as to infer I hadnt paid my mortgage, Id be fairly pissed off, cant say I know what she's like but she may live there, but had no obligation to the mortgage as such, only since being married, but again, the other issues related to non payment had been going on for 4 years prior to that. On top of it, the mortgage seems to have been bought repeatedly, and while he may have been playing a waiting game, maybe it just did not seem any point if they were just going to be fecked out, ID say he has come out on top in that he got 9 years rent/mortgage free, but seems to say they'll be out in months?? the bank gets the property bank and sells it, be nice to avail of such a thing, dont think Id be able to as ID never likely get my foot back on the ladder again, he seems to be reasonably sorted in that he has a business so maybe he is connected???
    Not sure why they're putting her face on it? Id probably have not paid any heed t the article at all if she wasn't on it as a bit of a known entity, as I wouldnt have heard of her husband.

Well they are now and for the last 4-5 years, guess it does make it seem like he got a free ride, not sure a joe soap would have been able to hold out so long, but someone will probably be along with examples.

This country is a basket case, and deserves everything that is coming down the road. When the next recession hits, the whole place is gonna dissolve into a puddle of piss and **** so deep it will take a generation for the country to recover.

My only hope is that when if we do recover, the leeches and vermin that permeate our country, were all left to rot in the depths.

Hopefully it wont ome to that, but the connected seem to fare better in terms of surviving

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Let's see if the posters who handed out their hatred to the Strokestown farmer and to Ms Cash over living in a "free home" will be along to condemn these wealthy two for living in an upmarket free home since 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

klaaaz wrote: »
    Let's see if the posters who handed out their hatred to the Strokestown farmer and to Ms Cash over living in a "free home" will be along to condemn these wealthy two for living in an upmarket free home since 2010.

They are all as bad as each other just playing the game and sympathy card ,

Were living mortgage free for a decade while maintaining our previous lifestyle where is the mortgage payments going , champagne and designer wears

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

When does Spring end?

May/June

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you have not paid a cent on your house in over a year you should be turfed out on the street, end of. We are living in a basket case country where those paying their mortgages are paying one of the highest rates in the EU to susidise the defaulters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

They may not have much brass in their bank account but they’ve got plenty in their necks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Both as bad as each other.

Cash is a freeloading leech who will go to her grave without contributing one positive thing to society and these two shouldn't have got away with not paying their debt for this long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Look about........

Caustic judgmental bitterness abounds....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

But do these "free houses" this thread refers to cost the tax payer anything ?

Do these " free houses" not actually save the tax payer money because the occupiers don't need social housing while they are housed in these "free houses"

Tenager is a US vulture fund who bought 2000 bad mortgages including this one from Bank of Scotland in 2014 . They knew what they were getting into its their business . Why the outrage on behalf of a faceless US debt collecting fund?

Find something worth getting outraged about .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Car99 wrote: »
    But do these "free houses" this thread refers to cost the tax payer anything ?

Do these " free houses" not actually save the tax payer money because the occupiers don't need social housing while they are housed in these "free houses"

Tenager is a US vulture fund who bought 2000 bad mortgages including this one from Bank of Scotland in 2014 . They knew what they were getting into its their business . Why the outrage on behalf of a faceless US debt collecting fund?

Find something worth getting outraged about .

Whoever owns the mortgage is irrelevant. The fact is the normal people who pay their mortgage and help to further society, are subsidising these rodents.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Whoever owns the mortgage is irrelevant. The fact is the normal people who pay their mortgage and help to further society, are subsidising these rodents.

How do they subsidise these non mortgage payers? Do you think if no mortgage in the country was in arrears that your mortgage repayments would drop as a result? If you do think that on what source of information do you base your view?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

The law is an ass here.
    Once you stop paying your mortgage, the bank should be perfectly entitled to kick you out on your ear.
    The title of vulture funds being given to professional overseas investors here is symptomatic of the freeloader opinion here. Who wants professional landlords here when we can just stop paying Johnny landlord down the road for a couple of years...

There is a part of me looking forward to the upcoming recession which is going to hit here very hard, just so certain people will fry here.. unfortunately the hard-working among us will suffer the most..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,491 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The problem with these faceless Vulture Funds is that the IRA does not know where to go to burn down their premises.

• Advertisement

Car99 wrote: »
    How do they subsidise these non mortgage payers? Do you think if no mortgage in the country was in arrears that your mortgage repayments would drop as a result? If you do think that on what source of information do you base your view?

Their loans were bailed out by the taxpayers simple really

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

The problem is that the government hasn't built large scale council/corporation estates in at least a generation.
    Who built Tallaght, Ballymun, Sallynoggin, Ballybrack?
    There were always huge estates of council/corpo houses when I grew up.

So private developers and landlords are leaned on to fill in the gap in the States failed responsibilities.
    Then laws are changed to give huge legal protection to tenants and mortgage holders because voters are complaining to the local politicians when they weren't getting stuff for free from non State entities.

I think there needs to be a means tested process for eviction. Those who can easily afford "basic" accommodation somewhere else locally, even if that means a drop in their quality of accommodation should be fast tracked out. That goes for rentals and mortgage payments.

It's politically harder, when it's someone with multiple kids and expecting everything for free. I nearly admire the Chinese model of social credits where they have started scoring people on how good a citizen they are. It would incentivise scroungers to be better citizens to get more from the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

If you have not paid a cent on your house in over a year you should be turfed out on the street, end of. We are living in a basket case country where those paying their mortgages are paying one of the highest rates in the EU to susidise the defaulters.

Im not defending not paying, but I think the banks would fond any excuse to charge higher rates and have us ateach others throats than theirs, but Id say the fraction of non payers or people who outright refuse but could is small and Id say it has little effect on what rates are charged, the banks might have you belive that but ID say its more to do with the banks bottom line and the refusal of the State to force them to offer better rates.

Were they though? werent these bought by another private organisation from outside Ireland?
    Vulture funds arent buying for top price Id say, a fraction of each euro Id say.

Not that simple and the taxpayer bailed out the banks If it was that simple now that the banks are back in profit why aren't they using this profit to pay off the national debt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Why do you keep going on about this nonsense, this is a non thread.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,704 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Why do you keep going on about this nonsense, this is a non thread.
    I think you are getting me mixed up with somebody else. Thanks for the input though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Over a mill for that?
    Jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Yer man has a very punchable face.

He could be sound but he has an awfully punchable face.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

That charlatan David Hall will probably offer to buy the house for a fire sale price and allow them to stay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

My only hope is that when we do recover, the leeches and vermin that permeate our country, were all left to rot in the depths.

Jayzus , apt username.

A puddle of piss so deep it will take a generation to recover ?

Advertisement