Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Vicarious Function

The Penneys incident should be discussed.
    Why did it happen?
    Is the issue that social welfare not enough?
    The penatilies for theft not enough in this country?
    With this people will dig and the Waterford Crysral and expensive communion deess will pop up and people will come to conclusions.
    This is all linked with her situation and discussion will happen.

Why should it be discussed, when the Courts have dealt with it? Are the members of AH the new judge and jury for this country? As the saying has it ... Judge not...

This woman is being picked on as an individual just because people can do it. That makes her a victim. Unfortunately, it is at the hands of the people here in AH. That is regardless of her character or what she may have done or not done in the past. Let's look at ourselves for a change and move on.

Why should it be discussed, when the Courts have dealt with it? Are the members of AH the new judge and jury for this country? As the saying has it ... Judge not...

This woman is being picked on as an individual just because people can do it. That makes her a victim. Unfortunately, it is at the hands of the people here in AH. That is regardless of her character or what she may have done or not done in the past. Let's look at ourselves for a change and move on.

She’s being discussed and her lifestyle choices analysed because SHE put herself and her children into the public’s awareness by her actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,817 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I have already listed various reasons why it should be discussed and how it may be linked to her situation.
    How a matter is dealt with before the courts is different to here because this is a discussions forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,280 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah heeor.
    We are the feckin victims.
    Anything she can’t get from our taxes for nothing she steals.

Stop the victim blaming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Ha Margaret's a victim lol

youre-funny-5aac00.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Why should it be discussed, when the Courts have dealt with it?

The Courts dealing with something does not mean it cant be discussed. Get over it.
    Are the members of AH the new judge and jury for this country? As the saying has it ... Judge not...

Its a discussion forum. Get over it.
    This woman is being picked on as an individual just because people can do it.

Not because "people can do it" but because she single handedly represents a lot of what is wrong with our country. A position she voluntarily put herself and her family into. Get over it.
    That makes her a victim.

The Irish tax payer is the victim here....and her new neighbours. Get over it.
    Unfortunately, it is at the hands of the people here in AH. That is regardless of her character or what she may have done or not done in the past. Let's look at ourselves for a change and move on.

Move on yerself, Get over it.

I have already listed various reasons why it should be discussed and how it may be linked to her situation.
    How a matter is dealt with before the courts is different to here because this is a discussions forum.

IMO, there's no "should" about it. Why lay all the ills of our society at this one woman's door? Lord knows there are plenty of other ills we could discuss without victimizing one woman. It's not our job to continually name and shame one person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Eh, but her community that was kilt by the gubbermint is ok to be discussed by her when an inquest has been and has ended?
    It's ok for her to ramble on about how she's being treated badly, plays the media, but it's not ok to discuss the findings of a court case?
    She was the one who took the picture of her kids in a Garda station overnight, she threw herself into the public.
    That's what happens when you open yourself to the public, warts and all the cans of worms can be, and will be opened.
    My taxes paid for her, and her husband's legal aid in court, same as every other court case not held in camera, all cases are there to be scrutinised.
    She decided to make herself public.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

The fact a person has been through the courts for an offense ought to enough - not the continuous naming and shaming that goes on here. Who gives people the right to treat another human being like that?

Margaret herself. By deciding to put herself in the public spotlight.

IMO, there's no "should" about it. Why lay all the ills of our society at this one woman's door? Lord knows there are plenty of other ills we could discuss without victimizing one woman. It's not our job to continually name and shame one person.

This here is a broad discussion board. You'll find threads on everything from train drivers strikes, Bank bailouts, garda corruption, insurance companies, weather, fishing, anything you can think of.

If you want to discuss one of those things, join one of those threads. If you don't see one, create one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Fair play to Vicarious he/she has derailed the thread, probably the goal tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭h2005

Any update as to what her job is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

h2005 wrote: »

Full time mammy married to a full time mad bastard. A surprising common combination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

The door is that way>>

Dont let it slam your arsė on the way out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

h2005 wrote: »

Yeah she got a job just like when I told people I rode a girl at mosney when I was there on my holidays when I was 15,you wouldn't know her as she lives in England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

sexmag wrote: »
    Yeah she got a job just like when I told people I rode a girl at mosney when I was there on my holidays when I was 15,you wouldn't know her as she lives in England

How did that work out for you ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Can I direct you to a number of other threads.

First, there is the James Bulger thread. The two boys who killed him decades ago are named and called animals in the thread. I may have missed it, but I can't find your post in there complaining about their treatment and arguing that we can't discuss it because the courts have already dealt with it.

Secondly, there is the Gemma O'Doherty thread. Yes, the women is mad, but I don't see you complaining about AH mocking a clearly deranged woman.

Thirdly, there are all the other threads with names in them. Jennifer Maguire, Azelia Banks, Graham Linehan, Peter Casey, Jurgen Klopp etc. Can we not discuss them.

Finally, there is the thread about the worst kid's names you have ever heard. Poor Isis, Shakira, Max, Jo-Jo, Ulick, Cecil, Oceania, will nobody think of the poor kids we are mocking.

If we didn't talk about individuals, what would we have left to talk about?

P.S. I didn't even mention poor Leo and Eoghan who are the personal victims of one poster, neither did I mention all those Tory MPs who are regularly mocked in Brexit threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Shall we start a Vicarious Function thread?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Can I direct you to a number of other threads.

First, there is the James Bulger thread. The two boys who killed him decades ago are named and called animals in the thread. I may have missed it, but I can't find your post in there complaining about their treatment and arguing that we can't discuss it because the courts have already dealt with it.

Secondly, there is the Gemma O'Doherty thread. Yes, the women is mad, but I don't see you complaining about AH mocking a clearly deranged woman.

Thirdly, there are all the other threads with names in them. Jennifer Maguire, Azelia Banks, Graham Linehan, Peter Casey, Jurgen Klopp etc. Can we not discuss them.

Finally, there is the thread about the worst kid's names you have ever heard. Poor Isis, Shakira, Max, Jo-Jo, Ulick, Cecil, Oceania, will nobody think of the poor kids we are mocking.

If we didn't talk about individuals, what would we have left to talk about?

P.S. I didn't even mention poor Leo and Eoghan who are the personal victims of one poster, neither did I mention all those Tory MPs who are regularly mocked in Brexit threads.

Am I not allowed to concentrate on one example rather than go to the trouble which you have done of naming all the others.

I have never read any of those other threads you mention - and have no interest in doing so.

By the way, your first argument is flawed because the thread is not about the individual Jamie Bolger but about all the issue which arose re the making of the film concerning the boys who murdered him.

The reason I focussed on the M. Cash thread is because it announces the felony she has been found guilty of and which has been tried in the courts. Why should that woman have to suffer having her misdemeanor announced on a daily basis on this forum after it has been dealt with in the Court? It sickens me when I see it every day.

There is a moral issue here, far as I'm concerned. No matter what her behaviour or situation, does she not deserve the same courtesy and consideration that we would expect for ourselves - or are we so superior that this does not apply?

• Advertisement

Ronaldinho wrote: »
    Shall we start a Vicarious Function thread?

At your own peril!

There is a moral issue here, far as I'm concerned. No matter what her behaviour or situation, does she not deserve the same courtesy and consideration that we would expect for ourselves - or are we so superior that this does not apply?

So you have no thoughts on Maggie's epic quest for a free forever home in the area of her choosing?

Am I not allowed to concentrate on one example rather than go to the trouble which you have done of naming all the others.

I have never read any of those other threads you mention - and have no interest in doing so.

By the way, your first argument is flawed because the thread is not about the individual Jamie Bolger but about all the issue which arose re the making of the film concerning the boys who murdered him.

The reason I focussed on the M. Cash thread is because it announces the felony she has been found guilty of and which has been tried in the courts. Why should that woman have to suffer having her misdemeanor announced on a daily basis on this forum after it has been dealt with in the Court? It sickens me when I see it every day.

It James. His name was James Bulger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

This is Ireland, not America. We have offences, not felonies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

TTime to close the thread. Way overdue, in fact.
    No luck having the thread closed I see. Calls for censorship usually end badly just saying.....

I suggest the poster just unfollows the thread or blocks it from her vision using some sort of device

• Advertisement

It James. His name was James Bulger.

Sorry Vicarious if I sounded short there. The other day a reporter for RTÉ news was talking about the award for the documentary and called him Jamie in it. I’ve been pissed off about it ever since. She should have done her research and it’s easy to think that’s his name if the state broadcasters staff call him by it.

Will my spelling be the next thing to be corrected? A good way of detract8ng from the issue!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Will my spelling be the next thing to be corrected? A good way of detract8ng from the issue!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

What are your thoughts on Margaret and her antics?

Never mind our opinion...whats yours?

Margaret brought the media attention on herself.
    When you read an article about her some comments are supporting her and some aren't. This is what happens when you put yourself in the spot light.
    Margaret has no issue with saying house the homeless. Fair enough but she never has a plan about how to do this apart from saying the government are robbing her.
    When you make a statement like this of course people are going to bring up her criminal record and people will say why don't you house yourself.
    People simply don't understand how you can say your homeless and need a house for your children but you continue to have children and it's the states fault.
    This all leads to discussion!

• Advertisement

If I seen her at a march or had the displeasure of been in any close proximity I would not hesitate to ask her questions such as personal responsibility, will she teach the childer right from wrong or will they follow the father and her, I would also like her to explain how she is entitled to everything she wants whether got by the state or theft.

The only one with the issue is you. Margaret couldn't give two sh!ts about you or anyone else on this thread. As long as people are going to work and paying their taxes so she can get her forever home, she's happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You came in and gave out about the thread title no longer having anything to do with the thread (even though you were wrong, but the mods pandered to your faux outrage). Now that it encompasses everything this drain on society is causing, you're still not happy. Would you prefer if we closed this thread and opened a fresh one to discuss those who we believe are a drain on society?*

*Just so you know, it will still revolve around her mainly, as she's the only one putting her life in public view, thus open to discussion, justsayin#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

...... I'll say no more.

Well that was a lie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

You put a question mark at the end of an assumption, which doesn't really make it a question.

hypocrisy is strong in this one. Hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

If I seen her at a march or had the displeasure of been in any close proximity I would not hesitate to ask her questions such as personal responsibility, will she teach the childer right from wrong or will they follow the father and her, I would also like her to explain how she is entitled to everything she wants whether got by the state or theft.

People have on that sun post in Facebook,she replies the same,government this,leo that and deflects, she says she has a job to one poster but being a "full time mammy" isn't the job people are referring too.

She doesnt care about the homeless and never did until she became one herself, she wasn't at the Apollo house marchs as someone pointed out, she's only out for herself and anyway she can do that without spending a penny she will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,671 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Here's hoping that the annoying freeloader fades back into obscurity now that she has got the free house.

Here's hoping that the annoying freeloader fades back into obscurity now that she has got the free house.

She hasn't got a permanent house yet!

Her 4eva homo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭AllForIt

She's never going to go away and this thread is never going to end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Vicarious Function, ok maybe you're more genuine than the others who just barged into this thread to tell us how we are the problem and throw a bunch of insults (although that is the approach you began with) but honestly, try to look at why there is such anger. It's not because we are all horrible people - it's because Margaret (and going by some of what you've said, e.g. calling her a lady, you don't appear to be that familiar with her behaviour) is the horrible person. Angry comments about her on the internet are nothing on what she has done and will keep doing. She is but one such person, however at the moment she is the one keen on getting the most media exposure (next in line, John Connor).

People who have stressful lives despite getting educated, working hard, paying their taxes, paying their mortgage, commuting far because that's the best they can get, paying their health insurance, having to put off having longed-for children, are really hurt at this point by the contempt shown for them by a system so accommodating to people like Cash who does nothing to deserve it. And to rub salt in the wounds, she says the government are robbing her.

How ****ing dare she, to be frank.

Surely the whole premise here i.e a struggling single mother of 7 forced into having to steal just to clothe her children, only to face the wrath of an oppressive and tyrannical establishment that only favours the rich capitalist elite (Primark) is worthy of a thread?

Surely that's a societal issue?

I pity the council workers who have to deal with her on the other end of the phone.

AllForIt wrote: »
    She's never going to go away and this thread is never going to end.

It will when we reach 10000 posts, only half way there yet so we still have a lot to discuss about Maggie C

Vicarious Function, ok maybe you're more genuine than the others who just barged into this thread to tell us how we are the problem and throw a bunch of insults (although that is the approach you began with) but honestly, try to look at why there is such anger. It's not because we are all horrible people - it's because Margaret (and going by some of what you've said, e.g. calling her a lady, you don't appear to be that familiar with her behaviour) is the horrible person. Angry comments about her on the internet are nothing on what she has done and will keep doing. She is but one such person, however at the moment she is the one keen on getting the most media exposure (next in line, John Connor).

People who have stressful lives despite getting educated, working hard, paying their taxes, paying their mortgage, commuting far because that's the best they can get, paying their health insurance, having to put off having longed-for children, are really hurt at this point by the contempt shown for them by a system so accommodating to people like Cash who does nothing to deserve it. And to rub salt in the wounds, she says the government are robbing her.

How ****ing dare she, to be frank.

Correct. Every single word of it. Only people more reprehensible are the people going out of their way to make excuses for her.

Many of whom I suspect should know better

With any luck she never will. Those that contribute should get looked after first , not some criminal leech.

Surely the whole premise here i.e a struggling single mother of 7 forced into having to steal just to clothe her children, only to face the wrath of an oppressive and tyrannical establishment that only favours the rich capitalist elite (Primark) is worthy of a thread?

Surely that's a societal issue?
    And then has the gall to post on facebook pictures of the €600 suit she bought for one of her boys. God knows what the custom made communion dress cost :mad:

But she's the victim and people on this thread are heartless bullies :rolleyes:

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    And then has the gall to post on facebook pictures of the €600 suit she bought for one of her boys. God knows what the custom made communion dress cost :mad:

But she's the victim and people on this thread are heartless bullies :rolleyes:

Bullseye :cool:

Paddy Cow wrote:
    But she's the victim and people on this thread are heartless bullies

Nah just don't eat b*ll**** even when some clown is trying to force feed it to me. I have sympathy for those are genuinely homeless as Cash has done the sector serious harm with her behaviour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Nah just don't eat b*ll**** even when some clown is trying to force feed it to me. I have sympathy for those are genuinely homeless as Cash has done the sector serious harm with her behaviour.

I don't think so. People know a scrote is a scrote. The amount of concern everybody has about 'genuine' homeless should mean it gets sorted in no time I'd imagine....

I'd be asking what happened to that whole welfare fraud thing on the sides of buses and if she isn't committing fraud I expect she's showing that she's actively seeking work or is getting kicked off welfare?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement