Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When will the next worldwide financial crisis happen? Could 2007 happen again?

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Train Dragon

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    this might give you an indication in what some people are thinking about our housing crisis, a major cluster fcuk if you ask me:

https://soundcloud.com/irishtimes-politics/irelands-permanent-housing-crisis

I managed to last 5 mins with that. The audio equivalent of watching paint dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

trying to predict an economy long term is like trying to predict weather long term, just too many variables that constantly change to gauge any accurate prediction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The next reset will be likely caused by a force majeure event, either from an external/unknown source or entirely synthetic.

Any single country's economy tanking, would have only limited lasting impact.

With a population of 7,469,858,943 (at this moment) and decent private housing only available at x8 the average salary in most countries, somethings gotta give.

Many of the trashier tabloids appear very keen for Estonia to kick off W3 any day now judging by their daily repetitive articles on this theme.

Many of the trashier tabloids appear very keen for Estonia to kick off W3 any day now judging by their daily repetitive articles on this theme.

Dont wars usually create money rather than destroy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Post-event they do, for some sectors of the industrial complex (historically). But the capability of today's opposing (groups of) superpowers are a different ball game altogether from WW2, as shown by hyped up sectors of the media.

Supervolcanoes, asteroids and a H5N8 type flu would also be much more severe than some unstable G10/20 middleweight economy such as Ita/Spa crashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

tonygun wrote: »
    85% of their weekly dole payment. So typically 160 for over 25's and 85 for under 25's. Must have been a PS2 he bought :rolleyes:

You'll get a PS4 in Argos for €290 these days.

Post-event they do, for some sectors of the industrial complex (historically). But the capability of today's opposing (groups of) superpowers are a different ball game altogether from WW2, as shown by hyped up sectors of the media.

Supervolcanoes, asteroids and a H5N8 type flu would also be much more severe than some unstable G10/20 middleweight economy such as Ita/Spa crashing.

That's strange. I read and heard more than once that America needs to go to war every 20 years to keep it's economy from collapsing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

That's strange. I read and heard more than once that America needs to go to war every 20 years to keep it's economy from collapsing.

I've also read and heard more than once that man didn't land on the moon

There's a lot of quackery and nonsense on the internet, some of it dressed up very well. Asking about anything to do with world finance (or anything) on After Hours will get you After Hours style answers :)

I would suggest the financial or economics forum, the answers will likely be less dramatic and doomsday-esque, but more likely closer to the truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Only if your America. Even in WW2 they were raking it in before they joined the war by selling munitions.

They would lose money by being in direct conflict, but they usually stay in the background feeding weapons to one or both sides and only step in if one side looks like it might win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Dohnjoe wrote: »

There's a lot of quackery and nonsense on the internet, some of it dressed up very well. Asking about anything to do with world finance (or anything) on After Hours will get you After Hours style answers :)

I would suggest the financial or economics forum, the answers will likely be less dramatic and doomsday-esque, but more likely closer to the truth

The thing is though that the US does spend a ridiculous amount of money on arms. Compared to every other country in the world it's a ridiculous amount. I'm not saying the have to go to war but it's not an unreasonable conclusion. Not as bat sh1t crazy as not landing on the moon at any rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Grayson wrote: »
    The thing is though that the US does spend a ridiculous amount of money on arms. Compared to every other country in the world it's a ridiculous amount. I'm not saying the have to go to war but it's not an unreasonable conclusion. Not as bat sh1t crazy as not landing on the moon at any rate.
    I think Putin has a point when he talks about American military positions around the world. American is everywhere, we're all bought into the idea they're the good guys, on our side, but they have a military machine that's capable to taking on every major military power in the world and they're already in our back gardens.

that's what's so scary about trump he could accidentally put America in the mood to use all these weapons. It doesn't take long for a country to change it's outlook on the world completely, we may be comfortable in our capitalist democracies but they're a brand new system in many ways. Democracy may not be around in 50 years.

Dohnjoe wrote: »

Plenty of compelling non debunked evidence out there that man didnt go to the moon. At least not in 1969.

Advertisement