Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Facebook ever enhanced your opinion of a friend?

Options
  • 19-01-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

For me it's a no. Too many selfies, "inspirational" quotes, overuse of hashtags etc. Paints many people in a poor light and effectively shows them up as lacking self awareness.

Has anyone had an experience of a friends Facebook activity enhancing their opinion of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,291 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No but it's definitely deminished my opinion of a fair few.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

I have a friend who isn't on facebook. I respect him probably more than other people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Only ones that live overseas lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

I have a friend who isn't on facebook. I respect him probably more than other people

Thanks for the respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,074 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Yeah, some people have surprised me by how much they've matured since I first met them, usually the ones I went to school with and haven't talked to since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Penn wrote: »

Empty vessels make the most noise and better to remain silent and be thought a fool come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

Penn wrote: »

It's ok hun, ur bettr off witout dem anyways xx

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭calanus

Opinions only ever slide downward... which is good as everyone else on my friends list likely has the sliding opinion of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Has it enhanced my opinion that many of them are quite illiterate? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Yes, I have seen some of my friends make contributions to facebook statuses which have shown them to be people of integrity and compassion. There are very few people on my news feed that would post selfies and shallow nonsense, and those that do would be acquaintances rather than friends.

• Advertisement

Yes, back in the day when I Facepuked I added one particular friend and she was basically Nobel prize material in a few different ways but I had no idea before. The really wonderful people tend to be trumpet-free.

Advertisement