Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going bald under 30

Options
1235»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Id shave it if it was me! Im not goin bald but started goin grey at 18/19 im 35 now, use to get piss taken out of me no end and lads saying to dye it and all that, but I never was that bothered about it.

It suits me now and I get haircuts that suit my head shape and style which is v important some lads get haircuts that dont suit them at all and look stupid which is worse than bald or grey. To be honest I never had any problems with women finding fault with my hair and the same for bald lads I know to, I even have heard a lot of ladies say they love the bald look or the George Clooney haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I love it when it's just been shaved. I usually do it for the OH. Plenty of comedy moments - we've had the friar tuck, the Mohican, the Brazilian plus plenty of boobs in face etc.

But what really gets me going is rubbing his head - especially grabbing that chubby bit at the back - it's like a Bulldogs neck - all soft yet bristly. Grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭chrisb1

I'm mid thirties and have been top bald for the last eight years shaved it off well what was left one night and haven't looked back was losing it in my early twenties only thing that gets me feckin annoyed is that my friggin ears manage to grow hair quicker than my head but those are the breaks I suppose :D

God made a few perfect heads the rest he covered with hair
    grass doesn't grow on a busy road yada yada yada
    Two bald heads are better than one

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Uh, this thread is bumped up!

Well, I am still shaving my head with Zero number every 3 days and LOVING my Baldy head. 2 changes that I did though:

1. Decided to still grow a nice beard.
    2. Got myself a Russian "ushanka" hat. Actually... I bought 2 of them and waiting for third one to be delivered from amazon! :pac:

Its few weeks in now and hair growing back is what annoys me, not the hair that I lost/losing! :pac:. Shaving it off is one of the best things I did! I do need hats in winter though, but I see it now as positive lol. I got in to "ushanka" hat fashion big time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Chickentown

Well, I am still shaving my head with Zero number every 3 days and LOVING my Baldy head. 2 changes that I did though:

2. Got myself a Russian "ushanka" hat. Actually... I bought 2 of them and waiting for third one to be delivered from amazon! :pac:

Its few weeks in now and hair growing back is what annoys me, not the hair that I lost/losing! :pac:. Shaving it off is one of the best things I did! I do need hats in winter though, but I see it now as positive lol. I got in to "ushanka" hat fashion big time :D

The ushanka hat is one thing, just wait until you start dressing like Tommy Shelby off Peaky Blinders...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Did you have to wear the hat to bed? I did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Ive a receding hairline at nearly 28. I joke about it with the lads in work and we all joke how none of us are in a position to pass comment as fecking all of us have the hair receding fiercely.

think its more common nowadays for people to just shave their head. i still getting away we just a 2 all over and prefer the short hair. Dont know how guys spend so much time maintaining a hairstyle and too damn uncomfortable in the summer.

If its not already been mention, there is he wayne rooney option where you get some hair restoration work.

This man can pull off the loose hair style

http://www.buffalobruises.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/trumphair.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,728 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Seems we're up to page 9 with no positivity for op. You could get a hair transplant for the price of a new car.Pura d'or shampoo everyday , also vitamins
    B COMPLEX
    OMEGA 3
    ZINC
    Natures bounty hair skin and nail vitamins .
    All will help maintain hair and encourage growth in long run.
    Water, drink more water , 6 glasses a day .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Hi Kojak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

If it hasn't been mentioned already go to your GP and get a prescription for proscar (finasteride). It's generic now so about 20 quid for 3 months supply. It works well at keeping what you have but you won't get much regrowth also it's not effective for everyone and th one that is effective for everyone is way more expensive, can't think of the name of it right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If it hasn't been mentioned already go to your GP and get a prescription for proscar (finasteride). It's generic now so about 20 quid for 3 months supply. It works well at keeping what you have but you won't get much regrowth also it's not effective for everyone and th one that is effective for everyone is way more expensive, can't think of the name of it right now.

There's another one as well called Durastride but I don't think you can get that here. Good site here showing two twins with MPB, one took Finasteride/Durastride, the other didn't.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Not good at all, you'll have to keep it shaved. Hopefully you still have colour in the hair, the big problem for Caucasians is that they tend to lose the tone at a young age, around the 30 mark on average. Blacks and Slopes hold the tone for longer for some reason (sometimes into the late 40s or 50s), the differences between the races I suppose.

Slopes?

Educate us regarding the balding patterns of the Spicks, Coons, Sand-wogs and Towel-heads while you're at it oh wise one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Patww79 wrote: »
    Before you know it you'll be cracking open a craft ale and pouring it into a marmalade jar. Because jam jars are so mainstream.

I guess it's a dig at at being a hipster lol? I wear normal non skinny jeans. Black leather jacket, have a nice beard and shaved head. When i put on my ushanka, I am far away off looking like a hipster lol. I speak fluentish Russian too, so I can wear ushanka with pride! :D
    Then again, I finally got out to cork city to do some cloth shopping as I haven't done that in 2 years. I was a bit confused about 95% males that I sow... Aither there is a surge of homosexual men in cork ( which I don't have any issue with) or new fashion is very... Weird...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

B COMPLEX
    OMEGA 3
    ZINC
    Natures bounty hair skin and nail vitamins .
    All will help maintain hair and encourage growth in long run.
    Water, drink more water , 6 glasses a day .

Those are just going to lead to disappointment. They will have no more than a negligible effect.

If you can afford a transplant or more likely 2 or 3 transplants then go for it. Besides that psychologically coming to terms with your lack of hair is the most important thing imo. Keeping it short or shaved is the way forward for most men who go bald.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭LeBash

Wouldn't worry about it, no pubes makes your willy look bigger

Does that mean no hair will make his head look bigger? You basically knocking the lads confidence.

Advertisement