Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for opening a new thread (after mod closed another)

Options
  • 19-03-2019 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭

I was banned for a week after opening a thread about a subject discussed in a different closed thread

The discussion in the opened thread was different from the original so I opened a new one with the last post from poster Overheal

I made a remark about how it seemed convenient that the poster overheal gets involved heavily in the discussion and then while we are still in the middle of a separate discussion he closes the thread as Moderator overheal because it seems he had an issue with another poster.

The banning message stated that I should have contacted him first before opening a new thread

I didn't think this applied because the new thread although discussed in the closed thread is completely different.

I also have issues with the condescending remarks by poster Overheal which in the end results in the moderator Overheal handing out cards and a ban ... its just odd

I discussed it in length with the moderator but could not work it out ... I have pm's ready

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Only the OP, Admins and CMods are allowed to post here.
    If you are none of the above, then your posts will be deleted.

@weisses - I'll let the CMods know about this thread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

hi weisses
    i will take a look. could you send on the PMs please

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

bluewolf wrote: »
    hi weisses
    i will take a look. could you send on the PMs please

thank you

Hi Bluewolf

Thanks for taking a look

PM's send (I hope I did it the correct way)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Thanks weisses, i have got them. Please bear with me while i review - may be tonight /tomorrow

Thanks

Take your time .... no rush

• Advertisement

Just to update, I have reviewed the PMs and am currently engaging with the mods as part of this review.

thanks

Hi weisses,
    So I think my main issue here is that you had a dig at a mod action when opening the new thread. I think it's something you know by now not to do whether that's responding to a mod action on-thread or on a new thread.

I have discussed this with the mod and while I know your ban has expired already, he has agreed to downgrade it to a red card. We can leave a note on it for future reference that the ban was overturned in DRP, in case of future mod review etc. I would also suggest that you be careful with your posting in future in terms of having digs at mods or it is likely to be back up to a ban again. If you have any issues with a mod action please do PM the mod or their co mods to discuss.

Can you let me know if you're happy with this?

thanks

Hi Bluewolf

Thanks for looking into this and I will agree with the red card, although the new thread was a genuine attempt to discuss this further It could have done without the remark at the start.

However it remains frustrating that a mod engaging in a discussion as a poster, without warning shuts down the same discussion as a mod. that is frustrating to say the least and lead to the remark when opening the new thread. I will however count to 10 the next time before hitting the send button

Thanks all for reaching a solution

thanks weisses i will apply that card now and request this thread be closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement