Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zgemma H7S

Options
  • 20-02-2019 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Firstly, a big thank you to THHB and NCM , and others too numerous to mention, for their sterling work (and patience) in explaining the vagaries of Enigma2 to all us beginners - your perseverence is truly inspirational.
    I had intended to buy the TA+, but as you all know by now, its no longer available and the Zgemma H7S is touted by WOS as a suitable replacement.
    My requirements were as stated by NCM, and most important was "passing the wifey test"!
    Its been installed for almost a week now, running OpenVix, and so far, no complaints.
    Its a very basic setup - my only input has been to add the ext HDD I already had hooked up to my (rubbish!) Samsung 3 tuner TV, tune it in, and change skin to BLUEHD (sky-like ). Once I set up and tweaked my favourites list we were away!

Pros
    Stunning pic quality - we reckon better than Samsung (is that possible?).
    Quick response
    Easy CEC setup - switches TV on/off with box, so only 1 remote!
    Cons
    Doesnt handle temporary recording conflicts easily - 8-9pm recording and 9-10 recording cause conflict where they overlap. You need to edit timer manually to end at 8.59, on begin second one at 9.01.... messy. maybe there is an easier way....
    No easy way to see scheduled timers... may look into key reprogramming, but not sure if anything that complicated is possible.
    Overall, no major issues, and I'm happy to recommed the box, although please bear in mind that I've barely scratched the surface to date....
    Any suggestions, would of course, be most welcome.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect this is in the wrong forum.

Any suggestions?

Make sure you get the dust collection adapter for it and wear you ear protection. Those yadda-yadda H7-eleventy-thing-a-ma-jigs are noisy.

Is it the half inch or 13mm version? Big difference between the two. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 garymt

Please delete/move

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Moved from Woodcraft forum, hopefully its nearer home now.

Advertisement