Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Out of tax

• 20-02-2019 1:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭

mates van 15 days out of tax, full DOE, i was going to use it for a journey but what the story if stopped by the Guards, is it up to their discretion ?
    Could they impound it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭pah

samjames wrote: »
    mates van 15 days out of tax, full DOE, i was going to use it for a journey but what the story if stopped by the Guards, is it up to their discretion ?
    Could they impound it?

How can it be 15 days out of tax on the 20th day of the month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭samjames

pah wrote: »
    How can it be 15 days out of tax on the 20th day of the month?
    I asked him for loan of it and said 15 days out so lets say 20 so if caught no chance of getting off then,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Drive on. Most gardì wont pass any notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Have you asked about him sticking a few months tax on it? He's going to have to pay it sooner or later.

no he'll tell me to leave it there then lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

no he'll tell me to leave it there then lol

They can only impound after 2 months out. They could fine but to be honest, within first month, there is not really an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,507 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Also more importantly make sure you insurance covers you, driving other cars extension on car policies doesn't normally cover driving commercial vehicles.

mickdw wrote: »
    They can only impound after 2 months out. They could fine but to be honest, within first month, there is not really an issue.
    do you have to pay for recovery vehicle and storage fees, i suppose it depends on what guard that stopped you really

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

do you have to pay for recovery vehicle and storage fees, i suppose it depends on what guard that stopped you really

You only pay if you want it back. Or if your mate wants it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

As already said, as long as everything else is in order they cannot seize the Vehicle unless the Tax has expired by more than 2 months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement