Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM line fault

Options
  • 17-02-2019 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi
    I've been getting a GSM line fault every other hour for the last 24 hours. I have tried disabling and re enabling the gsm and reconnecting to securecomm, this clears the fault but it comes back again shortly after.
    Could this be weather related and the strong winds we have been having?
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi
    I've been getting a GSM line fault every other hour for the last 24 hours. I have tried disabling and re enabling the gsm and reconnecting to securecomm, this clears the fault but it comes back again shortly after.
    Could this be weather related and the strong winds we have been having?
    Any help appreciated
    Thanks

Could be but you should not need to rescan to clear the fault.
    Have you the latest software on the GSM?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jazzermurphy

altor wrote:
    Could be but you should not need to rescan to clear the fault. Have you the latest software on the GSM?

Hi I've been getting a GSM line fault every other hour for the last 24 hours. I have tried disabling and re enabling the gsm and reconnecting to securecomm, this clears the fault but it comes back again shortly after. Could this be weather related and the strong winds we have been having? Any help appreciated Thanks

altor wrote:
    Could be but you should not need to rescan to clear the fault. Have you the latest software on the GSM?

The GSM software version is 1.4.0

The GSM software version is 1.4.0

The latest version would be 1.4.2
    Updating the software would be an option to get done as for some reason it seems to be staying connected when the line drops off.

altor wrote: »
    Updating the software would be an option to get done as for some reason it seems to be staying connected when the line drops off.

Can I update myself without the computer software?
    Or can it be updated remotely?

Can I update myself without the computer software?
    Or can it be updated remotely?

Can be done remotely

• Advertisement

Can be done remotely

Thanks. Is that a service you can offer?

Thanks. Is that a service you can offer?

Can do once you have engineer access, feel free to send me a pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 Chestvalve

Thanks got to disable alarm.

Advertisement